Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I really wasn't sold by Bush. Would you be, if you saw something comming and KNEW you had an out? He already owns land in SA, with the biggest reserve of pure water.....if you had that, would you think this was a big deal? I figure he's laughing his way to the bank while he's packing his bags. NOT MY PROBLEM!!!!!!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hells bells. anyone with half a brain can multi-task.......can you set priorities.?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I've been doing both! Phone calls and faxes to my Senators and Congressmen on E-Verify and the same for the bailout.

Women can multitask! It's not an either or, it's both plus cook supper and vacuum while watching the news ... oh and the dog needs to pee too.

As long as people post in the "other" category ieverythings fine. People can just skip over the bailout stuff if it's of no importance to them.
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

AirborneSapper7: We will all be in the same bunk barracks. Walking on dirt floors, boiling our water if we can get it, eating bugs if there is any to eat, etc.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    After the greeting, I say, "I have several problems and maybe some solution."

I do the Bail Out with "No don't do it."

And then go straight into E-Verify; is needed and why. And I always asked if they are taking a note for the elected dear one.

I tell them that I have been totally sickened by learning about I-9s. I ask if they know what the form I-9 is and does?

Followed with an example: the I-9 Federal Form not even being E-Verified since 1986. These I-9 form are in file cabinets with immigrants information needing to be verified.

Employers are not to blame because they don't want to discriminate and they are not document experts. (We have learned from the ICE raids.)

But the employers and State Unemployment Offices are only required by Federal Law to Verify AGRICULTURAL WORKERS' I-9s.

Only E-Verifies Agricultural workers, America is this enough immigrants I-9s E-Verified.

We must have E-Verify if the States are doing I-9s in Unemployment Offices for businesses and employers for the American Workers are being displaced without a chance by the states agencies. Legal suits will be coming when the America Workers learn what is really happening with the jobs at the Unemployment Offices and the role of I-9s not being verified.

And I ask is this what the federal government wants massive citizen lawsuits against the states?

(Some of the phone people cannot believe this is happening with I-9s,
    Democrats even! Some of our elected official have not heard about the loopholes, and I did not know about the I-9 loophole until 3 week ago.)

(The last Congresspeople today were the 12 Jewish Congress members that wrote the letter about the Iowa Agriprocessor ICE raid. One in Florida phone person was so wonderful; he said he would pass it on to the other 11 members. Wouldn't it be nice if for once we, Americans, were first instead of last being taken care by our government.)

MW
    My intention was not to put folks on the defensive. I'm just attempting to bring E-verify back to the forefront because from all appearances it seems to be taking a backseat to the bailout. We've fought long and hard for E-verify, and I hate to see us lose critical ground at this stage. If we don't get E-verify through the U.S. Senate in the next week, funding for the program ends. Don't get me wrong, I know the bailout is extremely important. Additionally, I know most private citizens in the country are against it and they are making themselves heard. Boy, wouldn't it be nice if we had that kind of support for E-verify. Unfortunately, the renewal of E-verify isn't a priority for most Americans, not now that the bailout has entered the radar. Heck, the bailout is consuming the entire radar right now. I'm concerned that E-verify could actually slip into oblivion over the next week if we're not careful.

No one is questioning our ability to work on two fronts. However, isn't it possible that we're running the risk of diluting our message on E-verify. All I'm saying is, fight the bailout but please let's not forget that E-verify is in critical condition and currently on life support.

WorriedAmerican wrote:

People can just skip over the bailout stuff if it's of no importance to them.
    I think the bailout is important to everyone! I didn't mean to imply otherwise.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I am going to open myself up to problems and what your own responsibility might be.

I don't care if it's dealing with cancer, addictions or just having a baby in the house.......go back to basics. wake-up, eat, tired sleep, bleed get help........had enough, take a break..........when they tell you to get away from those basics NEEDS......we ARE IN TROUBLE!!!!!! When they tell you normal isn't enough.......wonder.

Hey dude, spend 1000 x's what you have!!!!!! Debt equals profit!!!! Glutteny equals abundance. Question it. It might work for a short time......but it will never pan out in the end.

Why do they have the 7 deadly sins? Why are those things considered "normal"? But a sin to God?

What is normal but a selected vote to agree with your stance? Majority rules?

They say what is the difference between a criminal and a law enforcement officer? A priest from a criminal? A politician from a cartel member? What does make the difference? Disgruntled employee vs a terriotist?

Now crazybird LOL for I am LOL!

and MW we know you care head over heels; thank you.

(Don't we the super poor love the super rich telling us how we are going to pay for their bad investing.)

I would say E-Verify because most Americans are already against bailouts. We need to make sure that EVerify does not get "lost" in the confusion.
    "

MW
    Vmonkey wrote:

MW we know you care head over heels; thank you.
    Thank you, vmonkey.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Here is the latest on E-verify (as of 9/25); posted on NumbersUSA homepage now, so please KEEP CALLING:

------
    Continue Pressuring Senate to Pass H.R. 6633 ;
    House-Passed CR Contains Short-Term E-Verify Extension

Updated Thursday, September 25, 2008, 11:30 AM

The House passed a Continuing Resolution (CR; H.R. 263 yesterday that, among other things, would extend the E-Verify program through March 6, 2009. The Senate has yet to act on the measure so there is still a chance for Senators to approve H.R. 6633 - the House-passed, five-year E-Verify reauthorization bill. If you want to avoid another debate in a different Congress with a potentially more challenging political climate, please call your Senator today 202-224- 3121) and ask him/her to pressure Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) to allow a vote on H.R. 6633 this week.

A CR must be passed before October 1 – the beginning of Federal fiscal year 2009 -- in order to keep the government running because Congress has not passed any fiscal year 2009 spending bills for Federal agencies thus far. The House leaders' inclusion of a short-term E-Verify extension in this must-pass measure is a bittersweet development.

If the extension language remains in the final measure Congress passes, we will at least know that the E-Verify program, which has done so much already to turn off the illegal-alien jobs magnet, will survive for four months. However, this also would necessitate fighting the reauthorization battle all over again in March with a new President in the White House who may or may not support the program.

The best outcome continues to be Senate passage of H.R. 6633, the House-passed E-Verify reauthorization bill. There are two ways in which Majority Leader Reid can still facilitate a vote on the bill:

1. Ignore the hold Sen. Robert Menendez (D-N.J.) has placed on H.R. 6633, and allow a cloture vote on the Senate floor. If he does this, there easily will enough votes necessary to stop Menendez' filibuster and enable passage H.R. 6633; or

2. Avoid a vote altogether by talking to Menendez privately, persuading him that what he is doing is threatening the reputation of the Democratic Party just before elections and get him to withdraw his "hold" on H.R. 6633. Reid could then bring H.R. 6633 to the floor for a unanimous consent vote.

Either way, the American worker and public wins.

It is particularly important to put pressure on Democratic Senators to put an end to Menendez' grandstanding. If you call Republican Senators, please thank them for standing firm and ask them to not flinch.

Good news from the House. On September 23, the Judiciary Committee did not take up H.R. 5882, which would add an additional 550,000 permanent green cards next year, and H.R. 5924, which would add 20,000 additional foreign nurses per year for three years (plus their families). It is not known if the Committee will still consider the bills before recess, or if the bill’s proponents will attempt to attach the measures to another bill destined for passage.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast