Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

April
    Quote Originally Posted by roundabout
    Listening to the Mike Church show and the state of TN is considering nullification should this health care bill pass. The Patrick Henry Caucus is considering filing suit. This after member state legislators from around the country discussed and decided to move in that direction should this pass.
    Thanks roundabout, good to hear!

roundabout wrote:
    Listening to the Mike Church show and the state of TN is considering nullification should this health care bill pass. The Patrick Henry Caucus is considering filing suit. This after member state legislators from around the country discussed and decided to move in that direction should this pass. Very Happy

Thanks roundabout, good to hear!
    Your Welcome April.

On the optimistic side, should the move towards nullification gain traction, and attention this could help to reverse the course and place the Feds on the defensive. (One small step for mankind, one giant leap for state's rights.)

It is time for the states and the people to realize that we need not follow the Feds down a crooked path and fight them on their turf. Why follow the mugger down the blind alley?

Yee-Haw! Let the games begin!

April
    Calls and emails needed here!

http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-998864.html#998864

April
    Your Welcome April.

On the optimistic side, should the move towards nullification gain traction, and attention this could help to reverse the course and place the Feds on the defensive. (One small step for mankind, one giant leap for state's rights.)
    I agree the states are going to take up the fight against this travesty!!! I am glad to see it!

April
    Florida Attorney General Bill McCollum stated December 29 that the healthcare package the U.S. Senate passed on Christmas Eve contains an unconstitutional mandate requiring all Americans to purchase health care insurance.

In a press release on his website, McCollum stated: "I have grave concerns about the constitutionality of this mandate. Such a 'living tax' is worrisome because it would be levied on a person who does nothing, a person who simply wishes not to be forced to buy health insurance coverage. Upon initial review, this appears to be contrary to the freedoms we, as Americans, have enjoyed for the past 233 years. The mandate is especially troubling to Floridians who are guaranteed through the Florida Constitution to have 'the right to be let alone and free from governmental intrusion into [their] private life.'"

That last part was a quote from the declaration of rights in Florida's state constitution. Article I, Section 23 of the Florida constitution states: "Right of privacy. — Every natural person has the right to be let alone and free from governmental intrusion into the person's private life except as otherwise provided herein. This section shall not be construed to limit the public's right of access to public records and meetings as provided by law."

Indeed, a federal government mandate to require citizens to purchase such an expensive consumer item — health insurance often costs more than $1,000 per month — has never been created in U.S. history, even in wartime. As the Heritage Foundation recently asked: “Can Congress require all Americans to buy a new Buick every year or pay a tax equivalent to the price of a used LeSabre?â€

April
    Letter: Health care bill unconstitutional
    Chico Enterprise-Record
    Posted: 01/01/2010 12:00:00 AM PST

The media and the Democrats seem to be blind to the nation's Constitution when it comes to the Obamacare bill. It is unconstitutional.
    The "bribes" accepted by Sens. Mary Landrieu, the so-called "Louisiana Purchase," and Ben Nelson, the "Cornhusker Kickback," to vote for the bill are illegal under Article I, Section 8 ("all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States") and Section 9 ("No Preference shall be given by any Regulation of Commerce ... of one State over those of another"). Article IV, Section 2 states, "The Citizens of each State shall be entitled to all Privileges and Immunities in the several States."

These bribes were paid for by taxpayers to the tune of $345 billion to increase the federal share of the Medicare bill of these two states. It is clear that the Constitution forbids the federal government to pay a greater share to one state over another. If Nebraska is entitled to have the feds pay 100 percent of their Medicare bill, then all states are so entitled.

In my view, these two votes were illegally cast, and the bill therefore passed illegally. The senators involved should be tried for conspiracy to commit fraud and bribery.

The Democrats may not like the Constitution, but it is the law of the land. Please folks, read the Constitution and understand it. This is your country.

— Michael Miles, Magalia

http://www.chicoer.com/opinion/ci_14105030

The media and the Democrats seem to be blind to the nation's Constitution when it comes to the Obamacare bill. It is unconstitutional.
    I'm not sure I agree with that statement. I believe that the media and the Democrats are not blind, just playing dumb for the purpose of confusing the people. If they, the all knowing, and highly educated see it as constitutional, then by golly that should be good enough for the people, after all they know best, a lot of them are lawyers, they must be right.

With that said I charge them as traitors! They cannot be so blind or dumb. They are traitors and deserve the punishment of traitors. To allow them to plead blind or ignorant allows them to escape from their deserved fate. To be recognized as enemies of the state, traitors!

April
    I'm not sure I agree with that statement. I believe that the media and the Democrats are not blind, just playing dumb for the purpose of confusing the people.
    I have heard more than once that Republicans are stupid and the Democrats are blind....I say NO WAY....excuses, ecuses, excuses....they know exactly what they are doing and for who and it is NOT FOR US!!!!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456