Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Ramos reported in 'emaciated'condition.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    INVASION USA
    Ignacio Ramos reported in 'emaciated' condition
    Congressional aide says Border Patrol agent 'languishing in solitary'

Posted: June 22, 2007
    1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2007http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=56308 WorldNetDaily.com

Monica Ramos embraces her husband, former U.S. Border Patrol agent Ignacio Ramos, two days before he was sentenced to 11 years in prison (Courtesy El Paso Times)
    A congressional aide who visited Ignacio Ramos in prison said the convicted Border Patrol agent appeared emaciated, losing more than 30 pounds in solitary confinement.

Ramos, who is appealing his 11-year sentence for the non-lethal shooting of a Mexican drug smuggler, has been in a "special housing unit" since he was beaten by inmates in February at the medium-security Federal Correctional Complex in Yazoo City, Miss., said Tara Setmayer, spokeswoman for Rep. Dana Rohrabacher, R-Calif.

"He was very happy to see me, but, overall, he was very emotional," Setmayer told WND. "He is demoralized. Languishing in solitary for 135 days takes its toll on anyone."

The men who bloodied Ramos with kicks from steel-toed boots are in the same unit, Setmayer said.

Although the prison tries to make a distinction, she noted, "the protective measures are punitive, so he suffers all of the same restrictions as those there for disciplinary reasons."

A lockdown had been implemented prior to Setmayer's visit June 11, and Ramos had not received a hot meal in two days, Setmayer said.

(Story continues below)

Ramos' wife, Monica, visited him Monday and reported he was in the same condition.

Charles Smith, spokesman for the Yazoo City prison, said he could not comment on Ramos, or any prisoner, without the prisoner's written permission.

Ramos and Border Patrol colleague Jose Compean are serving sentences for their actions in the shooting of drug smuggler Osbaldo Aldrete-Davila-Aldrete as he fled back to Mexico after driving across the border with 742 pounds of marijuana in February 2005. U.S. Attorney Johnny Sutton gave the smuggler immunity to serve as the government's star witness and testify against the border agents. While under immunity, the smuggler was caught in another drug delivery, but the judge sealed that information from the jury.

In another case prosecuted by Sutton, Texas Deputy Sheriff Gil Hernandez was convicted of violating the civil rights of two illegal aliens injured from shell fragments that struck them as the officer shot at the tires of a van in which they escaped from a routine traffic stop. The van driver had tried to run over Hernandez.

WND reported this week a judge reinstated Border Patrol Agent David Sipe six years after his felony conviction for striking an illegal alien who resisted arrest.

Setmayer also visited Ramos just days after the February assault, witnessing his injuries first hand.

"It was one of the most emotionally intense things I've ever experienced," she said. "The hardest thing was walking out of the facility while they were handcuffing him and taking him away."

Setmayer said that while she didn't have to see bruises this time, she saw an "emaciated officer."

"It just emboldens us even more so," she said of congressional efforts on behalf of the agents, including a resolution calling for pardons. "It was encouraging for him to find out our efforts are moving forward full steam ahead."

Rohrabacher has requested a hearing on the case before the House Foreign Affairs Subcommittee on International Organizations, Human Rights and Oversight. Among its aims, the panel wants to examine possible influence by the Mexican government on the case. Sutton has said he is willing to testify.

As WND reported, the Mexican Consulate sought the prosecution of Ramos and Compean, and also Hernandez, according to documents obtained by WND.

Setmayer said her office has been "stonewalled" by the Department of Justice in an attempt to get details of Davila's immunity agreement and of a second attempt by him to deliver a load of marijuana across the border.

Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., chairwoman of the Senate Judiciary Terrorism, Technology and Homeland Security subcommittee, also is examining the case.

Setmayer said more Congress members have signed on to a bill by Rep. Duncan Hunter, R-Calif., that calls for the two agents to be pardoned.

She pointed out the case has received attention recently amid discussion of whether President Bush should pardon convicted former White House aide Lewis Libby. Presidential candidates Hunter and Rep. Tom Tancredo, R-Colo., have asked how the president can consider pardoning Libby if he doesn't pardon Ramos and Compean.

Rohrabacher says he will not endorse anyone for president who doesn't commit to pardoning the two agents.
    "When injustice become law, resistance becomes duty." Thomas Jefferson

Re: Ramos reported in 'emaciated'condition.

Thanks for the Thread.

To all Latino's out there, from this Latino;

I didn’t join government to allow one portion of our community to screw it up for the rest of us, when for the almighty vote we were willing to look the other way on members of our own group for being unjustly prosecuted.

You can call me traitor, and anything else you want, but you KNOW that illegal immigration hurts us all. You know what it does to our wages, and how it affects us across the board.

I sent a letter to him last month. Perhaps we need to send more mail. Anyone still have the address?
    Steve
    Ohio Jobs & Justice PAC
    http://www.OJJPAC.org

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I sent a letter to him last month. Perhaps we need to send more mail. Anyone still have the address?
    Steve, that is an excellent idea!! Let's all write him and show him our support and that we are all working to stop illegals and hopefully get him out soon.

If anyone comes up with the address, please post it here!!
    Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.*** -G.K. Chesterton from the book 'The Shack' by Wm. Paul Young-

We need a President who will make right everything this current jackass of a President we have has done wrong. This President deserves to be impeached for what he has UNJUSTLY done to these two Border Agents, not to mention his making a mochery out of the Constitution.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Human2
    Thanks for the Thread.

To all Latino's out there, from this Latino;

I didn’t join government to allow one portion of our community to screw it up for the rest of us, when for the almighty vote we were willing to look the other way on members of our own group for being unjustly prosecuted.

You can call me traitor, and anything else you want, but you KNOW that illegal immigration hurts us all. You know what it does to our wages, and how it affects us across the board.
    My husband is of hispanic desent as was my grandson who was killed by an illegal. He feels the same way you do. Enforce the laws already on the books and secure are borders. Its not about race, its about being legal. Does anyone in DC understand the word illegal
    Do They understand the word ILLEGAL????

Here's the address that I have for him. I'm ashamed that I've only written to him 3 times...I will be writing weekly. I hope you all will join me!!

Ignacio Ramos #58079-180 FCI
    Yazoo City Medium Federal Correctional Institution
    P. O. Box 5888
    Yazoo City, MS 39194
    Bless my friends and family, and God Bless America!

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Human2 thank you for standing up for what is right, although you may, or have already, faced opposition for doing so. These two men are Americans who were doing their jobs, and when they did, they were punished for it.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

bren223, and everyone else thank you.

To answer your question Bren223; They know what the word means, it's just that they are after the almighty vote, and nothing else matters.

With Out Sourcing, and Illegal Immigration "which is another form of Out Sourcing". We ARE in deep trouble, and it doesn't matter which race we come from. We are all in it together, and we better stop this madness.

Reading this story I could feel the adrenalin in me from the anger I feel towards GWB for doing this. Everyone in the country knows about this. I swear, his approval ratings will drop to zero before this is over.

I will write to Agent Ramos today too.

Human2 and Bren, thank you.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast