Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: REINSTATE DRAFT

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW
    pjr40 wrote:

I firmly believe ALL young people, 18 to 26 years of age, should have to give one or two years of their lives in community service to America. Hopefully this would enable them to have greater respect for our freedom and instill patriotism in them.
    I agree, community service is fine. However, forcing a gun into someones hand a insisting they kill or be killed is something I would hesitate to support unless absolutely necessary. I just don't think a draft is the way to go at this point in time.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    pjr40 wrote:

I firmly believe ALL young people, 18 to 26 years of age, should have to give one or two years of their lives in community service to America. Hopefully this would enable them to have greater respect for our freedom and instill patriotism in them.
    I agree, community service is fine. However, forcing a gun into someones hand a insisting they kill or be killed is something I would hesitate to support unless absolutely necessary. I just don't think a draft is the way to go at this point in time.
    Thank you for your service MW!!
    I was alittle shocked to find this bill because I did not know it was even being considered. I also think the draft should only be used in a real emergancy, when American lives are at risk or someone attacts us.
    My husband was in the Marines and went to Viet Nam twice
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

MW
    SOSADFORUS wrote:

My husband was in the Marines and went to Viet Nam twice
    Were you married when he served? If so, I thank you for your service! Being the wife of someone serving in the military is an extremely difficult job, or so my wife says . She was tasked with running the house and raising the kids while I was away playing sailor. Military service is not a commitment to take lightly. I was separated from my wife and children for almost ten years due to deployments and service outside the United States. Actually, my first born came into the world while I was sitting off the coast of Lebanon, shortly after the first major terrorist attack against the United States. This was in October 1983 when the Marine Barracks were bombed and 241 US Service men died and hundreds were injured. Another one of my children was born when I was serving serving in Kawait during Desert Shield/Desert Storm. Well, at least I was home for the other three (they came between Lebanon and Kawait).

Hey, you have something in common with presidential candiate Duncan Hunter. His son served two tours in Iraq with the USMC, and Rep. Hunter served two tours in Vietnam.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    pjr40 wrote:

I'm not a libertarian-though I share a lot of their ideas.

This is one area where I agree with them, to a certain degree.

There are people who believe that any sort of compulsory national service that's not required to defend this country-such as in the military scenarios you delineated above-is tantamount to slavery.

Forcing them to be enlisted in the service of the government-saying that they have to forgo a certain part of their future for the sake of the state-would be just as objectionable to them as if you had drafted them into military service.

I don't see how their concerns could be addressed in the same way as conscientous objectors or people who abjure military service because of religious conviction, e.g. The Society of Friends, Jehovah's Witnesses, etc...
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

if you want to end the war reinstate the draft. This war is being fought by the poor, the blue collar and illegal ailens. You would see protest by middle class and up students and parents the likes of which you only tasted in the 60's and 70's.

I would love it for the pure revolutionary spirit. The military industrial complex once again is a giant elephant in the room. If Nancy Pelosi and Dianna Deggette had any ovaries they would stand up to Bush and end this war. But the Princeses of Polianna politics lack the inteligence and expeince. So bring on the Revolution 2.
    my song on the war:

www.bighornmusic.com/corporatenation/
    AMERICAN WORKERS FIRST -- A RAID A DAY KEEPS THE ILLEGALS AWAY

Quote Originally Posted by Jrhino
    Very trans-ambient-techno.

I have a friend from Park Slope whose band does that sort of music, minus the political message.

MW
    Jrhino wrote:

This war is being fought by the poor, the blue collar and illegal ailens
    You're dead wrong, Jrhino. This war is not being fought by illegal aliens and I personally resent the fact that you made such a statement without actual proof! Illegal immigrants are not currently, nor have they ever been actively recruited into our military. Legal residents can enlist, but not illegal immigrants. This war is being fought by finest group of fighting men and women in the free world. How dare you insult our children, brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers, cousins, and uncles by referring to them in such a condescending manner.

If they're poor, it's only because we don't compensate them adequately for what they do.

I don't know, but you might be inadvertantly to foreign nationals who enlist in the U.S. Armed Forces.

Those people aren't illegal aliens, but they do come from another country.

Most of them aren't poor-at least, I don't think so.

One of my friends from New Zealand has been planning on joining the USMC for a number of years.

There are also a lot from Western Europe, France, the UK, Australia and parts of Asia-The Philippines-and Latin America from what I've heard.

I don't know how extensive the recruiting of foreigners is though.

MW
    Foreign nationals represent less than 3 percent of our military active duty forces. By the way, this small fraction of foreign nationals are not ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS.

Furthermore, I'm sick and tired of hearing people like Sen. Kennedy give the American public the impression that the war is being fought by immigrants. Listening to him would have you believe that 97 percent of our military forces were immigrants. Well, that just isn't so! Actually only 8 percent of the soldiers killed so far are not American citizens. That obviously mean the other 92 percent are our brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, uncles, etc.

People like Kennedy take great pleasure in using the war to push their path to citizenship agenda. Anywhere they can find a situation to use to their advantage, they're going to do it.

Well, I don't think anyone puts much stock in what The Swimmer says about anything, much less immigration or the Armed Forces.

When I said "a lot" I was speaking in relative terms.

I didn't mean to give the impression that there was some Foreign Legion being recruited by the DOD.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast