Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: REINSTATE DRAFT

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I just got done calling around the service I work for (Navy) and their recruiter command and the personnel divisions. For starters, they haven't been asked about reinstating a draft and think it highly unlikely because they are making their goals every month. Don't know where this came from, but the impression I am getting is that it must be a politician spreading stupid thoughts again.

Quote Originally Posted by novaman
    I just got done calling around the service I work for (Navy) and their recruiter command and the personnel divisions. For starters, they haven't been asked about reinstating a draft and think it highly unlikely because they are making their goals every month. Don't know where this came from, but the impression I am getting is that it must be a politician spreading stupid thoughts again.
    Novaman, This not a rumor the evidence is at the link under the bill posted above, it may not be moving at the present time but the bill is under "active legislation" on our legislative government web site, so someone is thinking about it, it does not mean it will come to pass but it is bill HR393. Just because everyone hasen't heard about it is not unusal or not so with our government. It maybe a stupid thought but the stupid thought regardless is a bill.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    SOSADFORUS wrote:

My husband was in the Marines and went to Viet Nam twice
    Were you married when he served? If so, I thank you for your service! Being the wife of someone serving in the military is an extremely difficult job, or so my wife says . She was tasked with running the house and raising the kids while I was away playing sailor. Military service is not a commitment to take lightly. I was separated from my wife and children for almost ten years due to deployments and service outside the United States. Actually, my first born came into the world while I was sitting off the coast of Lebanon, shortly after the first major terrorist attack against the United States. This was in October 1983 when the Marine Barracks were bombed and 241 US Service men died and hundreds were injured. Another one of my children was born when I was serving serving in Kawait during Desert Shield/Desert Storm. Well, at least I was home for the other three (they came between Lebanon and Kawait).

Hey, you have something in common with presidential candiate Duncan Hunter. His son served two tours in Iraq with the USMC, and Rep. Hunter served two tours in Vietnam.
    MW,
    We were not married at the time, I can't even imagine what the wives go though, I have heard the stories and lived for 30 years through the nightmares, still this day he wakes me yelling for someone to get their head down before they lose it.
    What is the most unbeleiveable to me was the fact so many times he was being shot at and had to call in and get permission to fire back when his life and the life of his men were in danger, but as he said the ones on the other end of the phone were not the ones carrying the dead bodies of his fellow soldiers and friends off the fields.
    If you are going to send people out to fight a war don't tie their hands behind thieir back, fight it and get it over with!
    I also know the majority of people serving in Iraq are good Americans, today you are not even considered for the service if you have so much as a drunk driving ticket, if they were that hard up for people to enlist they would not be so picky would they. I also have not heard about any illegals seving although I have heard about service people being married to illegals which is quite different.
    Yes MW we do have something in commen with Hunter, not only in military service but we all love our family and country very much!! and its worth fighting for and preserving some of it for future generations, like our kids!!
    It sounds like you have a wonderful family and they are lucky to have you!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Rep. Rangel has supported a draft for several years and seems to be determined to urge reinstating the draft.
    I myself was a Vietnam War draftee into the Marine Corps.My whole platoon at Parris Island were also draftees from Pa.,Va.,and Ky. I can tell you that my 110 man training platoon was as motivated and as patrotic as any platoon of volunteers.Several lost their lives in Vietnam and most if not all were proud to serve our country and considered it their civic duty as American citizens..All for the princely sum of $62.50 every two weeks, in my own case!

I'm not endorsing a return of the draft,but if it does happen,I assure you that there are many patrotic men (and women) who would serve the same as we did.

BTW several of my fellow boots were married when they were drafted,including myself. My wife could write a book about the hardships this caused for both of us.The bottom line is that we are glad we could serve our country.We expect no thanks or rewards from our country as we considered it our duty to serve.

Everyone has their own feelings about reintroducing the draft and I respect everyone's opinions.I just wanted to offer my perspective on it,having been there and done that.

And Chromedome we value your input and opinion Thanks!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    WE NEED LOTS OF HELP HERE ALIPAC TEAM, PLEASE GET INVOLVED AND HELP OUT!! CHECK ALL THE LINKS BELOW AND PICK ONE OR MORE OF THE PROJECTS YOU CAN HELP WITH, !! WE HAVEN'T GOT OUR COUNTRY BACK YET

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    fedupinwaukegan needs help check out this link!!If you are anywhere near the conference great time to meet William from ALIPAC
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=68140
    National Organization Announces 'Shop in Waukegan Day' to Counter Illegal Alien Boycott
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=73007
    ALIPAC needs donations to stay afloat and in the fight Please give what you can!!
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=C ... page&pid=9
    NEW BLITZ....GET INVOLVED...PLEASE!!!
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... 564#418564
    DIXIE NEEDS HELP ON A PROJECT FOR EVERYONE WHO HAS TIME!!
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=73375

I think Rangel started this some time ago - but didn't know he was at it again.

Personally, I don't know if there are illegals, in any great number, in the military - but certainly there are some. That's just the way it is.

Actually, didn't I hear about the guy who served in the Navy, then joined the BP and wasn't outed as an illegal until he was caught helping smuggle illegals?

I don't see, however, how the draft would catch the rich kids. I am sure they would all 'have other priorities' as our VP said about his lack of service in Vietnam.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I, too, have listened to Rangel preach the re-instatement of the draft.

As one who was caught at the the end of the draft and as a father of two sons and one daughter in their "20 somethings"...I have often wondered if re-instating the draft would help our young people devolop greater discipline, work ethic, focus for their future, responsibility, patriotism and a greater appreciation for their country?

But in time of war...selfishly...I would not desire the draft and risk the loss of my kids. However, if the draft was re-instated, and they were drafted in time of war...they would have my full support and encouragement to respond to the call of their country! NO DRAFT DOGGERS in MY HOUSE!!

Just a personal perspective...
    "You tell 'em I'm coming...and hell's coming with me, you hear!?"

MW
    nntrixie wrote:

Personally, I don't know if there are illegals, in any great number, in the military - but certainly there are some. That's just the way it is.
    Yeah, and there are also some doctors that have been caught working with fake credentials, however, the whole profession shouldn't be judged based on a few cheaters and liars. It is what it is, almost every profession in the country has had or has workers who obtained their jobs frauduantly.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    nntrixie wrote:

Yeah, and there are also some doctors that have been caught working with fake credentials, however, the whole profession shouldn't be judged based on a few cheaters and liars. It is what it is, almost every profession in the country has had or has workers who obtained their jobs frauduantly.
    I am not judging the army in any way.

Sorry if it looked that way.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Please note to anyone who thought I was advocating the draft earlier-I wasn't I was only trying to say I heard recently that recruitment numbers were low.Nothing more.I should have made myself more clear,Sorry.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123