Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Rubio goes on Mark Levin show -- Levin still disagrees with major aspects of the bill

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Rubio goes on Mark Levin show -- Levin still disagrees with major aspects of the bill

Rubio is hitting talk radio again, spouting his well worn talking points about the "undocumented" and his (amnesty) bill. He was on Mark Levin's show today (4/17). While Levin treated Rubio respectfully and said Rubio has integrity, Levin asked good, skeptical questions about the bill and after the interview ended his show saying he still "disagrees with major aspects of this bill."

Some of the questions Levin asked Rubio were how can we trust Obama to enforce new laws, why wasn't the fence built as was mandated back in 2006, near instant legalization in this new bill, with all that's going on why should we focus on a pathway to citizenship for those who have broken our laws?

Rubio talked fast, like a slick used car salesman, but sounded nervous at times, and also didn't make sense at times (such as when he talked about how Americans wages are being depressed -- blatantly ignoring how his amnesty scheme would flood the labor market and drive down Americans wages even more). But Rubio obviously has pro-amnesty talking points down pat about E-Verify (but neglected to mention the long phase in period for this) and other things. And of course, Rubio neglected to mention the big loopholes in his amnesty bill.

I hope the anti-amnesty side is able to counter Rubio's pro-amnesty so-called "charm offensive."

Here is the link to the audio:

Mark Levin grills Marco Rubio on immigration proposal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USG2SLWbKew

Note, Levin said he disagrees with major aspects of this bill after Rubio had left and the interview was over, so that's not in this audio.

What Rubio is saying in this interview is that they are not going to vote on this next week. If what he is saying is true, then we have succeeded in pushing back their timeline.

Looks like they are also backing off on not allowing amendments. Their original plan was to push this to a vote without amendments.

Another thing I noticed is why is Mark Levin describing himself as Marco Rubio's friend??? I would much prefer that our members of the media NOT be 'friends' with elected officials as that creates an instant conflict of interest.

I'm glad that Mark Levin disagrees with Rubio and gave him some tough questions. We need to encourage more members of the media to take that critical and adversarial interview approach on this amnesty bill.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Motivated View Post
    Here is the link to the audio:

Mark Levin grills Marco Rubio on immigration proposal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USG2SLWbKew

Note, Levin said he disagrees with major aspects of this bill after Rubio had left and the interview was over, so that's not in this audio.
    I am an employer in southern Cali. I see first hand how this broken system doesn't work. I work in an industry that other employers PREVIOUSLY hired vast quantities of illegal immigrants. In the recent years that practise has declined due to the economy AND because of large employers now already verifying documents. The trend is going down.

I don't like some of the provisions in this bill, but what I do like is how capitol hill is finally addressing the core issue...Illegal Employment! If, and I mean IF, they require all employers to use E-verify, illegal immigration would by in large cease to exist. Rubio is right. Better for us to jump the gun and have the first say rather than leave this chance to write a bill to the Illegal Allien lobby. There will never be a perfect bill to fit everyone's needs. There will always be, and has always been, a slight population of people in this country that lived in the shadows getting paid in cash, etc. The issue becomes a concern when tens of millions of people who come in mass hords, not just a few hundred thousand that otherwise are invisible.

Try to put the emotions aside and understand that what he saying, technically, could be the ticket. It may not be perfect. But with the universal E-verify component, which would include using E-verify for public assistance inquiries, this would put the cobosh on all the millions coming here looking for the free hand outs and jobs, fence or no fence. If a job and public assistance is not available for them, they won't come! A fence will be unnecessary! Now, I will also say, that the bill's calling for a border commission consisting of the border state governers, with federal money to back them up, is another step in the right direction.

As an employer in S. Cal. I can see how this could work. Sometimes you only need a scalpul carefully placed, not a machete to make visible change. We must all remember that this issue was decades in the building up. It will take years to see visible changes in our country no matter what we do.
    Last edited by Guajiro; 04-19-2013 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guajiro View Post
    I am an employer in southern Cali. I see first hand how this broken system doesn't work. I work in an industry that PREVIOUSLY hired vast quantities of illegal immigrants. In the recent years that practise has declined due to the economy AND because of large employers now already verifying documents. The trend is going down.

I don't like some of the provisions in this bill, but what I do like is how capitol hill is finally addressing the core issue...Illegal Employment! If, and I mean IF, they require all employers to use E-verify, illegal immigration would by in large cease to exist. Rubio is right. Better for us to jump the gun and have the first say rather than leave this chance to wright a bill to the Illegal Allien lobby. There will never be a perfect bill to fit everyone's needs. There will always be, and has always been, a slight population of people in this country that lived in the shadows getting paid in cash, etc. The issue becomes a concern when tens of millions of people who come in mass hords, not just a few hundred thousand that otherwise are invisible.

Try to put the emotions aside and understand that what he saying, technically, could be the ticket. It may not be perfect. But with the universal E-verify component, which would include using E-verify for public assistance inquiries, this would put the cobosh on all the millions coming here looking for the free hand outs and jobs, fence or no fence. If a job and public assistance is not available for them, they won't come! A fence will be unnecessary! Now, I will also say, that the bill's calling for a border commission consisting of the border state governers, with federal money to back them up, is another step in the right direction.

As an employer in S. Cal. I can see how this could work. Sometimes you only need a scalpul carefully placed, not a machete to make visible change.
    I sadly disagree with your assessment. The government does not have a track record of acting responsibly on the law on the books, new laws are not going to be implemented any better, AND. it gives the discretion to Napolitano to "waive" the provisions.

First, there is the lie is that there are 11 million illegals here - it is closer to 40 million and they have embraced the welfare system that provides for them by the number of children they can get paid to produce. Welfare illegal aliens are NOT the kind of people that I want to give citizenship to. We have historic evidence that welfare breeds more welfare. We all know how the game works, and I don't need to go into more detail.

Then there are the "relatives" that will drag over.

We have 20 million LEGAL US citizens out of work and many have been put out of work by wage cutting illegal aliens. JMO

If Americans accept this amnesty for illegal aliens, there will never be any significant future immigration enforcement in this nation!

We cant get our existing laws and borders enforced now, millions of new illegal alien voters in local and national elections will make that completely impossible in the future.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The "core issue" is the lack of enforcement of our current laws, which gives us no reason to trust that Obama will enforce any new laws. And there is a five-year phase in period for E-Verify in the Gang of 8's amnesty scheme, which would give plenty of time for the pro-amnesty special interests to litigate it (E-Verify) into oblivion.

So, bottom line, the Gang of 8's plan (amnesty first, no real enforcement) is a total sham, even worse than the 2007 amnesty plan.

It would not take years or more laws if we had serious enforcement against employers that hire illegals using the laws we have now and make sure the illegal workers are deported instead of let go to apply elsewhere. But they can make sure their family is part of that deportation if they do not want to be separated. More laws to be ignored IS NOT THE ANSWER!

Quote Originally Posted by Newmexican View Post
    I sadly disagree with your assessment. The government does not have a track record of acting responsibly on the law on the books, new laws are not going to be implemented any better, AND. it gives the discretion to Napolitano to "waive" the provisions.

First, there is the lie is that there are 11 million illegals here - it is closer to 40 million and they have embraced the welfare system that provides for them by the number of children they can get paid to produce. Welfare illegal aliens are NOT the kind of people that I want to give citizenship to. We have historic evidence that welfare breeds more welfare. We all know how the game works, and I don't need to go into more detail.

Then there are the "relatives" that will drag over.

We have 20 million LEGAL US citizens out of work and many have been put out of work by wage cutting illegal aliens. JMO
    I actually agree with what everyone is saying here. All are valid points. However, the law does not currently require ALL employers and welfare agencies to use E-verify. Even if this law passes I don't trust that the authorities will enforce it just as some point out the apathy for current laws on the books. Having said this, if the scenario was that all employers must use E-verify immediately you would see a mass exodus of people going back to their countries. There's no way around it. This is all I am saying. The employment is the magnet, then the immediate citizenship for offspring is the next magnet. I see this all the time in my industry. Get rid of the available jobs and they will just go away.

Putting a regulatory statute as an additional requirement for employers, displaces the dynamic of border enforcement completely back to the grassroots level. Right now all the responsibility rests on a central DHS authority to enforce immigration law. As it should, but doesn't happen right now because of political agendas. Right now, employers must use the I-9 form to verify legal employment status. Unfortunately, this verification process doesn't work because the illegals just use fraudulent docs. And if you ask for verification of document legality you run the risk of being sued by lawyers who on the side of the illegals. In almost all cases of fraudulent docs used the employers get "no match" letters indicating that the SSNs provided don't match the names provided in the docs. Also, the I-9 form is poorly enforced because the HHS does not follow up with their SSN no match letters. The combination of the HHS not following up with no-match letters and DHS not enforcing the border is the disastrous formula that led to the current problems we have. Ironically, if an employer defaults on paying their payroll taxes the authorities are on them like flies on SH&^$! If you add the E-verify component to the I-9 form illegals would cease to be able to find work because fraudulent documents couldn't be used. It's like the penicillin for the infection. Things will just clear up on their own! You put the enforcement element back on the shoulders of the employer instead of a group of law enforcement officers. Regulating employer verification of the I-9 form via E-verify is a much smarter and more effective (and humane) way to really address the issue.
    Last edited by Guajiro; 04-19-2013 at 12:48 PM.