Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

AE

AngelaTC, there are a lot of good HUD-like programs through a lot of agencies within the Federal Government. I really liked the idea of rhe rural program as it would allow us to get out of town, plus it allows for a certain amount of land to become somewhat self-sufficient.

I think tha programs main goals are to spread out the populations into less used areas, in order to ease the burdern of population and help rural areas and towns to grow to survive. It seems like a win-win situation.
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

Quote Originally Posted by AE
    AngelaTC, there are a lot of good HUD-like programs through a lot of agencies within the Federal Government. I really liked the idea of rhe rural program as it would allow us to get out of town, plus it allows for a certain amount of land to become somewhat self-sufficient.

I think tha programs main goals are to spread out the populations into less used areas, in order to ease the burdern of population and help rural areas and towns to grow to survive. It seems like a win-win situation.
    Yes, a great idea with gas prices rising. (hee!) But I have never liked living close to other people, and it looks like my husband's job is going to require a move....outside of Chicagoland, we should be able to find something a little rural too. We were already talking about it.

I was at my kid's baseball game tonight, and I was telling my husband about your situation, the dumpster / toilet issues in particular. He said he would dump a bunch of motor oil back there. And avoid cleaning up all the glass that's always back there, too.

We discussed mousetraps, buckets full of fish guts on trip wires, and sticks pointing out far enough to poke a person squatting down.

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

AE

Cruel Angela, just cruel .

It is just unfathomable to me, to live in that way. I have seen stuff here that has been to, me and mine, beyond belief.

We did have a moment where we had something to smile about yesterday. The landlord was out collecting rent, and as I stood there handing him my rent (I am feeling quite bitter about paying him that as he has taken care of so little and continues to rent to people which bring down the living conditions here). So, I mentioned to him, these two little dogs that two seperate households have taken in for pets. One is a small terrier type and the other is a chihuahua. They both have gone after my grandson and 10 year old daughter, snarling and growling. The people do not keep them reigned in and obviously are not training them.

I explained the problem and he said he had already warned them as when he was by with his little girl (I think maybe she is about 5), that the terrier went after her, and scared her. He was quite livid about it and said that was a warning, and if it continues to be a problem (them letting it run free and not containing it). He said he is planning to speak to them again, that sounded as though he was simply going to say no more dogs.

I made my point to him clear, and if they have not gotten rid of it, and it goes after anyone in my household, it will be Animal Control fodder, they will come for it ASAP as it is showing signs of aggression.

So, that sort of made my day to hear he had experienced some of the garbage we have to experience around here firsthand so he would know about how it is, living with these people.
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

I hope he does. It is hard to find a place that will rent to people that own dogs, and it is sad to see low-lifes abuse the privelege and make it harder for the rest of us.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

AE

After I posted this last message, I sat here watching that woman take that dog and drop it over her enclosed patio (they enclosed it with chicken wire and all sorts of "things" to keep it in place, it looks like a dump) into the open space where all the kids play.

Obviously what the landlord previously told her about letting it run loose was not too important to her.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234