Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

AE

This ship is sinking...

Just had to insert another of my stories of the lovely complex where we live (for those of you who have heard the other ones).

We were out camping (ok, 8x8 is NOT a four person tent, I don't care what the package says!!) in the Blue Mountains, Umatilla National Forest, in Eastern Oregon this weekend. What a joy, quiet, peaceful, camping with like minded Oregonians.

We came home Sunday at 1 am. Tired and dragging, we drove in. First thing we noticed is our neighbors have taken in some more young chickens.

Next day, we notice one of the neighbors little dog, I guess a Chihuahua mix, walking on three legs, one apparently injured. My son found out from the kids who own it, that his cousin set down his plate, dog apparently tried to grab his food, and this guy grabbed the dog and threw it into the garage, thus breaking it's hind leg, now knowing this, we feel responsible to say something to the county animal control.

So here is the clincher. Last night, my son was taking the trash out to the dumpster. He said as he approached it, a woman came walking out from aside or behind it, with a folded umbrella (it has been very misty here) and a bag, which appeared to have something soft in it, he now believes was at least one roll of TP. He walked up to the dumpster and could smell the strong stink of human waste.

He said he gagged, and had to get out of the vicinity quickly. I had to have him repeat it to me several times before it registered that apparently this woman had used the side or back of the dumpster (maybe she heard our use of this name for it and was confused???) as a toilet, for reasons beyond our thinking.

We had high hopes with this landlord, that as he even said himself, things would improve. I don't consider THAT an improvement. I consider that a step back into a third world nation, not one I and my family are willing to live in. I don't have hope it will improve. I recently went online and began the process to see if we can get a HUD loan of some sort, even if it is for a mobile home (I have been somewhat against that as by the time you pay your payment and space rent, it comes out to be more than some site built home payments).

I cannot imagine, how these people can live the way they do, how they can come to an improved country (albeit illegally) and want to continue living in the way they have.

This ship is sinking. My son said when the city comes in and tears it down (which we believe it inevitably will) he wants to be first in line with his sledge hammer to start the demolition, which I think is the only hope for this property.
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

AE, I've been following your story and I'm not sure what to say. The saying "sometimes you gotta go thru the $hit to get to the sugar" comes to mind.

I hope there will be a silver lining in this for you. I am concerned about your safety and I for one, DO believe you can and will get a better quality of life somewhere else. If you really want it, you can make it out of there. I wish you the best of luck....this may turn out to be a good thing. If it was me, I'd have gone off on that landlord a long time ago. I really applaud your patience.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I cannot imagine, how these people can live the way they do, how they can come to an improved country (albeit illegally) and want to continue living in the way they have.

We've all heard the phrase........"Where theres a Mexican theres Mexico". Or something like that.

The dog thing really bothers. me. I have absolutely no use for people who abuse animals.
    "Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a burglar an uninvited house guest."

I would report them to the human society. Fn cowards.
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

AE

Already talked to the maintenance/manager guys son who is 19 (he speaks fluent English, his father does not) about the "smell", he grimaced (he has told my son before how he is disgusted by the way these people live and act here). I have to think he has a gut feeling what occurred to cause that smell.

As for the dog, we do plan to talk to the Humane Society and ask for complete anonymity, otherwise we risk having our tires slashed, or who knows what. I too am appalled at someone who would treat an animal that way. There is no excuse to do that, especially in such a small animal (good Lord the little thing probably weighs less than 5 pounds).

We are determined to find something else, but just cannot imagine another rental at this point, well at least here in town (we live in an area close to rural locations). I guess my actual tipping point is when they start using the public areas for their personal toilets (in fairness, as far as we know).
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

Quote Originally Posted by AE
    Already talked to the maintenance/manager guys son who is 19 (he speaks fluent English, his father does not) about the "smell", he grimaced (he has told my son before how he is disgusted by the way these people live and act here). I have to think he has a gut feeling what occurred to cause that smell.

As for the dog, we do plan to talk to the Humane Society and ask for complete anonymity, otherwise we risk having our tires slashed, or who knows what. I too am appalled at someone who would treat an animal that way. There is no excuse to do that, especially in such a small animal (good Lord the little thing probably weighs less than 5 pounds).

We are determined to find something else, but just cannot imagine another rental at this point, well at least here in town (we live in an area close to rural locations). I guess my actual tipping point is when they start using the public areas for their personal toilets (in fairness, as far as we know).
    You are so awesome. I'm sure life will just get better for you.
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

AE, I think you have been through enough! It is time to leave there and find a peacful place for you and your family. I will pray that you are able to find a great place for an affordable price. Go somewhere else and continue the fight! We are all here fighting along side you! God bless you and your family!

April
    Quote Originally Posted by alexcastro
    AE, I think you have been through enough! It is time to leave there and find a peacful place for you and your family. I will pray that you are able to find a great place for an affordable price. Go somewhere else and continue the fight! We are all here fighting along side you! God bless you and your family!
    Ditto!

Hard to believe you are having these kind of problems ae,it sounds like it has turned into a mexican slum area.I am not one to run away from things but I do hope you find a better place to live for your families sake.
    We can't deport them all ? Just think of the fun we could have trying!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast