Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Simply W-R-O-N-G

My mom lives in San Diego in a middle-class neighborhood. Her next-door-neighbor of 17 years moved last year and decided to put his house on the "Section 8" list for rent (meaning that the State Housing Authority will pay a large percentage of the rent for a low-income family).

So, a Hispanic family moved in about 4 months ago (I have no idea whether they're in the country illegally or not; however, they speak limited English). There are 5 people currently living in this 3-bedroom, 2-bath house (although my mom says that often there are overnight visitors who stay for days....lots of cars parked in front of their house for days on end). There are the parents, 3 children and a relatively new puppy.

Anyway, my mom had to call her neighbor (the homeowner) because the family seems to be away, and the puppy barks all day and night. My mom wanted her former neighbor to figure out what was going on because the dog had been there by itself for two days.

Well, GET THIS!!! The neighbor looked into it and called my mom back to say that the family was on a one-week vacation in Florida...they went to Disneyworld!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Apparently the neighbor called the tenants on their cell phone and was told they'd be back in about a week and that a friend of the family was supposed to be going over to feed the puppy.

Okay...here's my angst. According to my mom, her neighbor told her that the rent ($1,700 per month) is split between the Housing Authority and the tenants....here's the "split". The Housing Authority pays $1,300 per month, and the tenants pay $400 per month!!!

No wonder they can afford a trip to Florida for a family of five!!!

Now, I have no proof of this, but it's likely this family is receiving reduced costs for utilities (California significantly reduces the rates for utillities for low-income families), and they're likely receiving food stamps and Medi-cal (free healthcare).

It's simply WRONG. It's wrong wrong WRONG. If a family is on welfare, they have no business going to Disneyworld in Florida. WHY do we allow such things?
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

unbelievable!! well not really... shouldn't surprise any of us.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

I hate to say it, but, i am not surprised. IT IS WRONG,but to complain makes you a "racist". It would not be PC. As I have said before, PC is either political cancer or poisonous cancer and if we can't reign it in, it will simply be fatal cancer.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

americangirl

Just call ICE!

At www.ICE.gov it dose say "Report Suspicious Activity"

1-866-DHS-2-ICE
    1-866-347-2423
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

Unbelievable and Unbelievable. I'm sure California does no checking to see whoever applies for public welfare programs is in the country legally. I'm also sure that the "enablers", the illegal alien hugger groups, instructed this family on what office to go to and how to fill out the paperwork and what their "rights" were.

This kind of stuff makes me extremely mad and is why I am so adamant in fighting illegal immigration. There can be no compromise, as far as I am concerned. ALL illegals must leave America.
    Deport - Deport - Deport.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    no wonder this country is Broke. I am a 90% disabled veteran and have to fight for any and all benifits I can recieve
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I am soooooo I went to the section 8 san diego site to see if I could find a number for you to report fraud. Then I saw the income list. Heck I would qualify. I checked my county, it was even higher. We have two paid for cars that are less than 5 years old. we pay FULL rent on a three bedroom house. credit score well into the 700's and IF my hubby was ILLEGAL I would qualify for section 8. That is ridiculous waste of taxpayer funds. Heck we even are able to put away money to visit my in-laws. And here I thought we were well into middle class.....grrrrrrrrrrr....sorry I had to let this out.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

That poor puppy. Your mom should call the humane society and have that dog taken away.
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

Seems California can do anything they want..........they are getting enough taxpayer dollars from the feds!!!!!!!!!!! If you watch the appropriations, California is getting more then a half of the other states all added together! Thanks to Hagstein and the Boxerbull.

Call the houseing authority, tell them that more than the family is living in the house and that they are at Disneyworld. If the dog is not being cared for, call animal controll.

Dixie

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast