Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Ted Cruz tells O’Reilly he would round up and deport all 12 million

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by joe s View Post
    I do concur that it is good news if that is what Cruz really meant (it seemed like O'Reilly was putting the words into his mouth). When I scoured both Trumps and Cruz' website on immigration about a month ago, I let you all know that I did not find the section on deporting the existing 12M illegals already here now on Trumps' website, everything else was there. I know what he has said in words, but again I ask any Trump supporter to show me this on his website, either confirm or deny that that particular statement exists in writing. It is very important to me and I cannot locate it, can any of you?
    joe s, Trump posted his immigration plan on the website in August/September before he made the statements a month or so later about creating the deportation force and deporting all illegal aliens within 2 years.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by joe s View Post
    This is truly a departure from his original stance on the deportation of the existing 11-12M illegals living here in the US right now stated in his plan. I saw the interview and I am not convinced that he will proactively round them all up over time and deport. His initial stance was to let the law take care of deportation after an apprehension. The example used with O'Reilly included an Irishman who overstayed his visa and now has a couple of kids and a job. When pressed, Cruz answered affirmatively to ICE knocking on his door, arresting and deporting.

WOW, what a change.
    He's just trying to pander to the anti-illegal immigration vote and doing a poor job of it.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    Why do you say he'll say anything to get elected. I don't believe that at all. If you feel that about Cruz than you must also feel that way about Trump. For the record, Cruz has pretty much been the most consistent of the presidential candidates.
    It doesn't seem consistent to say we can't build a wall or round up all the illegals and deport them (which is what Cruz has said before) and then turn around now and say that we can because your opponent (Trump) says it. That's not what consistent meant when I went to school.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

It's called a "copy cat", someone who doesn't have their own plan or own ideas to solve a problem so they copy and steal from someone else.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by patbrunz View Post
    It doesn't seem consistent to say we can't build a wall or round up all the illegals and deport them (which is what Cruz has said before) and then turn around now and say that we can because your opponent (Trump) says it. That's not what consistent meant when I went to school.
    Cruz has always supported enhance border security with the expansion of quality border fencing. Calling it a wall is nothing more than something used to get your attention. Show me one quote where Donald Trump has said he will build a brick and mortar wall like the Great Wall of China. He's talking about a fence, just like Cruz always has and is. Furthermore, Cruz has physically shown such support in Congress, while Trump is just offering promises. Not saying he won't keep them, just letting you know there is a difference between saying and actually doing.

Cruz has always supported the full enforcement of our immigration laws and attrition through enforcement, which we all have. He has never ruled out actively going after illegals where lawful. All he has said is he's not going to have a special force run around and break in doors. You and I both know the American people wouldn't stand for that for very long unless legal warrants were involved. Cruz supports using ICE and border patrol for their designed purpose. He has never said anything different. So it's wrong to assume Cruz would not allow ICE and BP to actively do their jobs in going after illegals.

Judy wrote:

It's called a "copy cat", someone who doesn't have their own plan or own ideas to solve a problem so they copy and steal from someone else.
    Cruz isn't even close to being a copy cat. Trump, up to this point, is only throwing us promises. It remains to be seen on whether they will come to fruition or not. Sen. Cruz has actually had skin in the game and has physically fought for us on many occasions where immigration and border security is concerned. As I've identified above, he's not copying anyone. If anything it is Trump that is doing much of the copying. Sure, Trump uses words that grab more media attention, but it is Cruz that has been the most consistent with his message. I'll admit that Trump is a gifted speaker and knows how to use the media to his advantage, however, that doesn't alter the fact that Cruz has already been in the fight for us.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by patbrunz View Post
    He's just trying to pander to the anti-illegal immigration vote and doing a poor job of it.
    Making such a statement actually shows a lack of knowledge on Ted Cruz's past history on the topic. Trust me, I've researched the man thoroughly, he doesn't have to pander to anyone on the immigration and border security issue. Honestly, I'm more than a little surprised to hear such a comment.
    Last edited by MW; 02-23-2016 at 04:48 PM.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Grasping for straws.

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    Calling it a wall is nothing more than something used to get your attention. Show me one quote where Donald Trump has said he will build a brick and mortar wall like the Great Wall of China. He's talking about a fence,
    That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. I disagree and so do the facts. Trump has said the word wall many times. Having been involved in real estate construction since he was a child, I think he knows the difference between a wall and a fence. Show me evidence he's talking about a fence and not a wall.

It's quite simple, really. Cruz and all the other candidates scoffed at Trump and said you can't build a wall and now Cruz is saying he'd build a wall because he needs votes. You can talk about he supported this or that in the past and I think what Trump says means this, but it's the simple truth.

BTW, I'm fairly certain on more than one occasion Trump has referred to Israel's border WALL as a good example of what he intends:

I think few people would call this a fence.

On a side note, I also don't like Cruz because he supports TPP too.

I am thrilled with the news MW. You definitely keep this site balanced with respect to Trump and Cruz.

Ok, let's celebrate. Celebration is over, I have to break chops a little bit now because you are always talking about liking or being happy with either Trump or Cruz, but I never heard you defend or applaud Trump. Am I wrong?

I always keep in mind that eventually we are all going to have to swim in the same pool......

cruz is following the Trump train is his quest to be elected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast