Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Ted Cruz tells O’Reilly he would round up and deport all 12 million

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Ted Cruz tells O’Reilly he would round up and deport all 12 million

Published: February 22, 2016 9:16 pm
    Todd J. Gillman

WASHINGTON –Ted Cruz said tonight that he would use federal immigration officers to round up and deport all 12 million people in the country illegally — a markedly tougher stance that he has struck in the past.

“Yes, we should deport them,” Cruz told Fox host Bill O’Reilly. “That’s what ICE exists for. We have law enforcement that looks for people who are violating the laws, that apprehends them and deports them.”

The toughening stance comes after a disappointing, if narrow, third place finish in South Carolina on Saturday, with immigration hardliner Donald Trump strengthening his grip on the race.

Cruz has long avoided specifics of what he would do with people in the country illegally. His immigration policy focuses on border security and enforcement of existing laws.

Just five weeks ago, he explicitly rejected the idea of a “deportation force” of the sort proposed by Trump, who has unabashedly called for the federal government to actively round up people in the country illegally.

“I don’t intend to send jackboots to knock on your door and every door in America. That’s not how we enforce the law for any crime,” Cruz told CNN’s Jake Tapper in Iowa.

On that point, Trump seemed to strike a harder line on illegal immigration, until tonight. Cruz boasts that he’s actually tougher, though, because Trump would let deportees eventually return to the United States, while he would bar them forever.

That’s the basis of his assertion that Trump — like Sen. Marco Rubio, who cau-authored the Gang of 8 immigration plan that included eventual citizenship for people in the country illegally — embraces “amnesty” while he does not.

Before tonight, Cruz has resisted saying that he would use federal assets to proactively search for people in the country illegally in order to deport them.

For years, he routinely ducked questions from journalists and from voters about exactly what he would do with people in the country illegally, insisting that question should be discussed only once the border is fully secure. He tipped his hand somewhat at a Senate hearing in early December, when he sparred with Immigration and Customs Enforcement chief Sarah Saldaña, pressing the former Dallas federal prosecutor over what he perceived to be the administration’s soft approach.

The key part of tonight’s exchange on Fox:

O’Reilly: Would you round up 12 million illegal aliens here and if so, how?

Cruz: Yes we should deport them. We should build a wall, we should triple the Border Patrol. Federal law requires that anyone here illegally that’s apprehended should be deported.

O’Reilly: Would you go look for them, though? Mr. Trump would look for them to get them out. Would you do that if you were president?

Cruz: Look, Bill, of course you would. That’s what ICE exists for. We have law enforcement that looks for people who are violating the laws, that apprehends them and deports them.

http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.c...-million.html/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Cruz: I’d Look For and Deport All Illegal Immigrants, Rubio and Trump Would Allow Citizenship

by IAN HANCHETT22 Feb 2016149

Republican presidential candidate Texas Senator Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) said he would seek out and deport all the illegal immigrants in the US and that both fellow candidates Donald Trump and Florida Senator Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) “would allow those 12 million people to become US citizens” on Monday’s “The O’Reilly Factor” on the Fox News Channel.

Cruz began by stating [relevant remarks begin around 2:30] that the law should be enforced, and illegal immigrants in the US should be deported.

When asked if he would “go look for them” Cruz responded, “Bill, of course you would. That’s what ICE exists for. We have law enforcement that looks for people, who are violating the laws that apprehends them, and deports them.”

When asked if he would send federal law enforcement to the home of someone who overstayed their visa to deport them, Cruz said, “You better believe it.” He later added that he would put a biometric exit/entry system for visas.

After host Bill O’Reilly contended the courts would probably block this plan because of due process, Cruz objected. He further stated, “[T]he biggest difference is that Donald Trump and Marco Rubio and myself, is that both Donald Trump and Marco Rubio would allow those 12 million people to become U.S. citizens. Donald said once he deports them, he’d let them back in as citizens. I will not.” Cruz continued that under existing federal law, illegal immigrants who are deported are not eligible to come back into the US legally, and that Trump’s and Rubio’s positions “aren’t consistent with rule of law.”

Follow Ian Hanchett on Twitter @IanHanchett

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2016/02/22/cruz-id-look-for-and-deport-all-illegal-immigrants-rubio-and-trump-would-allow-citizenship/

Video can be seen at the link.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Well, that's proof enough for me he didn't fire the right liar today.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Ted Cruz toughens immigration stance, says he’d deport all illegals

By Victor Morton - The Washington Times - Monday, February 22, 2016

Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas noticeably toughened his stance on immigration Monday night, saying in an interview that the U.S. should deport all 12 million illegal immigrants now here.

In an interview with Fox News, host Bill O’Reilly asked Mr. Cruz whether he would “round up all 12 million illegal aliens here, and if so, how?”

Mr. Cruz replied, “yes, we should deport them. We should build a wall, we should triple the Border Patrol. Federal law requires that anyone here illegally that’s apprehended should be deported.”

When Mr. O’Reilly pressed him how this would happen and whether a President Cruz would tell federal law-enforcement to actively seek out illegals, the Texan didn’t back away.

“Look, Bill, of course you would. That’s what ICE exists for. We have law enforcement that looks for people who are violating the laws, that apprehends them and deports them,” Mr. Cruz said.

In earlier interviews, Mr. Cruz had parried questions about what the federal government should do with the illegal immigrants already here and downplayed what he called a “deportation force.”

“I don’t intend to send jackboots to knock on your door and every door in America. That’s not how we enforce the law for any crime,” he told CNN in the runup to the Iowa caucuses.

According to the Dallas Morning News, Mr. Cruz had for years ducked the question of what to do with illegals here, saying that was a question only worth asking and answering once the U.S.-Mexico border is secure.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...immigrants-us/

Do we need any more evidence that this guy will say anything to get elected? Just another slimy politician.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Cruz thinks he's going to steal Trump voters with this, when all he's going to do is lose his "no deportations, it's mean" voters, they'll all say "well, hell, Trump is going to do that, so I might as well vote for the Real Deal and get a cool President who knows what he's doing who can balance a budget, make peace with Russia, build a wall and make Mexico pay for it, and knows how to bring our jobs back and keep 'em here. Has Cruz been so self-absorbed and isolated his whole life that he doesn't understand how much Americans despise a lying slimy copy cat?

Well, he's soon to find out how we do things here in the United States. He may wish he'd kept that Canadian citizenship.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

This is truly a departure from his original stance on the deportation of the existing 11-12M illegals living here in the US right now stated in his plan. I saw the interview and I am not convinced that he will proactively round them all up over time and deport. His initial stance was to let the law take care of deportation after an apprehension. The example used with O'Reilly included an Irishman who overstayed his visa and now has a couple of kids and a job. When pressed, Cruz answered affirmatively to ICE knocking on his door, arresting and deporting.

WOW, what a change.

MW
    Wow, absolutely unbelievable. It comes as an utter shock to me that some people will believe everything Donald Trump says, no matter that he has flipped on numerous positions and supports some forms of amnesty, but refuse to give Cruz the benefit of doubt. IMO, Cruz's history on the issue of immigration more than gives me reason to trust him on this.

Trump says he will expedite the return of good illegals, says he believes in a "merit-based system" for some illegals to stay, and says he believes illegals should have a path. He says those things and all we hear are crickets. FYI: he has never walked back a single one of those comments. However, Cruz comes out and says he'll actively deport illegals and there's a pile-on. Sorry, I'm just not getting it. We should be thrilled at this news, yet a few people use it as another reason to attack Cruz?

Let's be honest, Ted Cruz has never said a single thing that would bring his position on illegal immigration and border security into question, yet some seem to think he is the worst thing since sliced bread on the issue. While it's true that he's not a T.V. celebrity or carnival barker, he's still very good on the issue of illegal immigration and border security. For me he's also very strong on the social issues I find important. I will admit his past support of increased legal immigration worries me. However, he has since renounced that position, but my concerns on the issue still exist. Least we forget, Trump isn't perfect on all issues either.

Like I said, we should find reason to celebrate this announcement, not use it as an excuse to lodge more attacks. Gee-whiz, isn't this what we want?

Neither Trump or Cruz are perfect on every issue for all people, however, they are both good on the issues (illegal immigration & border security) that we're all supposed to support here on ALIPAC. If you don't support 'no amnesty' for illegals, full enforcement of our immigration laws, and enhanced border security ... you're probably at the wrong website. So, instead of degrading Cruz for enhancing is immigration resume, let's be happy about it.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by patbrunz View Post
    Do we need any more evidence that this guy will say anything to get elected? Just another slimy politician.
    Why do you say he'll say anything to get elected. I don't believe that at all. If you feel that about Cruz than you must also feel that way about Trump. For the record, Cruz has pretty much been the most consistent of the presidential candidates.

The following will attest to his consistency:

http://www.alipac.us/f9/who-lying-now-marco-329179/

I do concur that it is good news if that is what Cruz really meant (it seemed like O'Reilly was putting the words into his mouth). When I scoured both Trumps and Cruz' website on immigration about a month ago, I let you all know that I did not find the section on deporting the existing 12M illegals already here now on Trumps' website, everything else was there. I know what he has said in words, but again I ask any Trump supporter to show me this on his website, either confirm or deny that that particular statement exists in writing. It is very important to me and I cannot locate it, can any of you?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast