Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

U.S. Border Control - No more Mr. Nice Guy...

Dear Steve:

Well, we've tried reasoning with them; appealing to their patriotism; documenting the facts; and even begging. And we made some headway. Actually, more than I ever really expected from a Senate that is so corrupt, America's Founding Fathers are rolling over in their graves.

Most, if not all, who voted for cloture have been bought off by big business, or the President, or were convinced by Karl Rove that they must chase the Hispanic vote to remain in office.

Some will claim they voted to restart the debate so they could get their "good" amendments onto the bill. Nonsense! You and I know that a few "good" amendments won't make any difference at all.

This bill cannot be fixed.

It is time to take off the gloves. The Senators need to know that their constituents are truly disgusted with them; will never forget this betrayal; and will show their outrage at the voting booth.

The next cloture vote takes place tomorrow. This vote is to end all debate on the bill. Majority Leader Reid wants to wrap this up before the Fourth of July and has even threatened to hold his colleagues in session until he gets a vote.

But if we can defeat tomorrow's cloture vote, I believe he will pull the bill off the floor and consider the Bush-Kennedy amnesty dead.

What this means is you have to make some more calls; send some more emails; and do whatever you can to defeat this final cloture vote.

You don't have to say a lot. They are sick of listening to us. Just say votes on amendments mean nothing. The Senator will be judged by his votes on cloture. Period.

We need to pick up 4-5 more votes. I think we already have gained Sen. Gregg (NH). In other words, it is still possible to defeat amnesty in the Seanate. It is definitely worth your time.

So please go to our web site (www.usbc.org) and, if you haven't done so already, download the PDF file containing all of the Senators' phone, fax and in-state addresses. (It's the first item on the page).

Then give them a call and tell them to vote NO on cloture.

Then, go to our Legislative Action Center and fire off some more email letters.

In return, you will have the knowledge that you did your part to save our country.

DON'T GET DISCOURAGED! DON'T GIVE UP! THIS BATTLE IS FAR FROM OVER!

Remember, even if we lose the next cloture vote AND the bill is passed by the Senate, it does not become law. Before it can become law, a similar bill has to be debated and passed by the House of Representatives (where we are stronger!);

If amnesty passes in the House, the bills then have to go to a "Conference Committee" where members of the Senate and the House meet to try to settle the differences between their bills.

And then there has to be a vote, in both chambers, for final passage of the reconciled bill.

So we have lots of opportunities to derail this monster and months of time to beat up (verbally) these dirty, rotten scoundrels who, clearly, have sold their souls and are now selling out our country.

Working together, we can save our language, culture, heritage and our wonderful American way of life for ourselves and future generations.

Best Regards,

Edward I. Nelson, Chairman,
    U.S. Border Control
    8180 Greensboro Drive #1070
    Mclean, VA 22102
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I think we already have gained Sen. Gregg (NH).
    If anyone can get through to any of his offices, let us know his status. I haven't been able to get through.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)