Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

USPS Calls Me Racist

If you haven't Noticed the USPS is getting cozy with the spanish language.

I never go there, mostly because I don't send many packages or letters, but had to pick up a certified letter the other day. I drive down and notice the same banner on the front of the building telling people in Spanish to send money to Mexico with the USPS.

Then once I get inside I see a newer banner which says the same thing. I look around, not one single banner in english or advertising anything besides sending money to Mexico.

I asked the African-American women at the counter what the banners were all about and she said "Its for those type of people that need to send money to Mexico" and I asked her "what about Canadians?" She just looked at me funny.

So I grabbed one of those lil brochures that says I can tell the USPS exactly what I think by calling. I call the number and of course it's an automated system with nothing on it about talking to an operator. So i fumble around for about for a few minutes until the system finally gets me to a "Customer Service Professional".

It was then I reached a guy, sry name I didnt catch. A little peeved I told him exactly what I wanted to tell the USPS, that I dont appreciate one arm of the US Government aiding and abetting illegal aliens while another fights them off.

The young man then told me, a little angry at me, that it was to protect Mexicans money. I decided to play a little game and told the guy that I was born in Mexico but a Naturalized US Citizen and that I thought it was a bunch of crap. I asked him where the banners in Farci, French, and Swahili were. I then repeated that I do not think that illegal aliens need help sending their $20 billion to Mexico.

The representative then told me, very angry, that Mexico is our largest trading partner buying $300 million worth of goods every year from us.

Of course I pointed out that that equals a trade deficit less than 1/20th of what we send to them comes back in trade and that is not a very good deal. I then told him that I think the USPS needs to discontinue this practice and start focusing on good hardworking English speaking Americans.

The customer service rep then told me "Im sorry you're prejudice". To which I replied "What? did you not hear me say I was born in Mexico?".

Then he told that I was not a real hispanic and called me a piece of racist white trash and hung up.

I called in to talk to his supervisor and explained what had happened. Instead of telling me he was in the wrong and that this problem would be dealt with she told me she would take my complaint.

She also then told me that Taxpayers do not pay the USPS salary but people who buys stamps, and if they can sell those stamps to people sending money out of the country then they will.

dragon5 wrote:

Then he told that I was not a real hispanic and called me a piece of racist white trash and hung up.
    I would of gone balistic with the supervisor. Who the racist? It's certainly not you.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

dragons5, file a written complaint with your local postmaster.

Banned
    The representative then told me, very angry, that Mexico is our largest trading partner buying $300 million worth of goods every year from us.
    Gee, and American taxpayers pay many billions each year to educate aliens' children, incarcerate alien criminals, medicaid and other expenses......and who is the $300 million going to? Sure as hell not the US taxpayer.

Bush and his subordinates keep talking about a major increase in trade with Mexico since NAFTA.... that is true, except that it is all in favor of Mexico exporting more now than ever to the US....

1992 ... US had a surplus of $5 Billion with Mexico
    2004.... US had a DEFICIT of $41 Billion with Mexico

source: www.usmcoc.org/t2.html

add to that the $20 Billion in "remittances" sent to Mexico .... that is a grim picture..... and yet Mexico is also not served well, as many Mexican operations lost THEIR work to cheaper Chinese factories.....
    the net benefit accrues to US corporations like John Deere who produce subassemblies in Mexico and bring them to the US for final assembly or just for resale to the US market...

that is certainly good for the corporations involved, but it is not good for the Balance Sheet of the US, and certainly NOT for the workers whose jobs went to Mexico or elsewhere...
    No soy de los que se dicen 'la raza'... Am not one of those racists of "The Race"

1992 ... US had a surplus of $5 Billion with Mexico
    2004.... US had a DEFICIT of $41 Billion with Mexico
    Gee, think that has anything to do with Klinton pushing bush 1's NAFTA?

Hmmmm

righto....Congress sure did us one hell of a big favor, eh?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

She also then told me that Taxpayers do not pay the USPS salary but people who buys stamps, .
    This part is absolutely correct. The USPS is 100% fee-supported. It receives no federal funds for its operations.

Quote Originally Posted by CCUSA
    dragon5 wrote:

I would of gone balistic with the supervisor. Who the racist? It's certainly not you.
    Its too bad you didnt record it. Then you could have put it on Youtube!

Quote Originally Posted by PhredE
    She also then told me that Taxpayers do not pay the USPS salary but people who buys stamps, .
    This part is absolutely correct. The USPS is 100% fee-supported. It receives no federal funds for its operations.
    It depends how you flip the coin. The Postal Service is part of the Federal Government, and all full time employees's if paid by check will have at the top of the check "United States Department Of The Treasury". We are civil servant's of the taxpayers, so don't let a uneducated supervisor tell you differently. Retired 33 years USPS.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mail
    Quote Originally Posted by PhredE
    It depends how you flip the coin. The Postal Service is part of the Federal Government, and all full time employees's if paid by check will have at the top of the check "United States Department Of The Treasury". We are civil servant's of the taxpayers, so don't let a uneducated supervisor tell you differently. Retired 33 years USPS.
    No, the USPS is not part of the federal government. It is privatized, which is why it is called the US Postal Service rather than by its former name, the US Postal Department. The Privatized USPS has a special relationship with the federal government such that its employees are paid based on a federal pay scale and are allowed to participate in federal employee benefits. The USPS is tax exempt but may operate for profit. It has all sorts of powers that are not afforded to actual branches of government, many of which are enumerated under TITLE 39 > PART I > CHAPTER 4 > § 401. Like the IRS, the USPS masquerades as a part of the federal government, but in fact operates for the benefit of federal creditors. It is, in that respect, an agency (using the legal definition of "agent" as "a person who is authorized to act for another through employment, by contract or apparent authority"), but one acting on behalf of the revenue collection arm of the federal government's foreign debt collectors. Like the IRS, the USPS is exempt from external audit by the federal government. The GAO simply accepts the numbers provided by these "services" at face value. And while stamps used to represent a federal tax, they are now considered "products" of the USPS.

So basically, the sale of our ports, toll roads and other infrastructure to foreign investors is nothing new. The federal government has been handing over the revenue-generating portions of our federal government to foreign investors and creditors for decades.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast