Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Very Scary Stuff: Bush Names Self Dictator.

By John Lillpop

Just in time for Memorial Day, America, land of the free and home of the brave and the best hope for all of humankind, appears to have died.

Although conservatives have been warning of the imminent death of our constitutional republic for some time, the death still comes as a shock to many.

The cause of death appears to be abuse by the executive branch.

All that is known for sure is that on May 9, 2007, President George W. Bush signed a presidential directive that would grant dictatorial powers to the office of the president in the event of an emergency.

And who would be authorized to declare such an emergency?

Hard to believe, but that would be the same person to whom those dictatorial powers would accrue; namely, the president.

The presidential directive, titled the National Security and Homeland Security Presidential Directive, apparently has no provision for congressional oversight whatsoever.

Dr. Jerome Corsi of WorldNetDaily authored an exclusive commentary on Bush's extraordinary power grab. That commentary can be seen at the following link.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/artic ... E_ID=55824

The directive itself can be viewed at this link.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases ... 09-12.html

Allowing dictatorial powers to end up in the hands of a termed-out president with approval ratings hovering around 30 percent probably does not pass the Civics 101 smell test.

Even worse, this president's woes are compounded by an extremely unpopular war, a hostile congress including members of his own party, and an amnesty scheme that could destroy American sovereignty, language, and culture by legalizing 12-30 million third world illegal aliens.

Given the political realities that George W. Bush faces, one cannot help but wonder if the president's May 9 directive will, in effect, also serve as a death certificate for the most successful and prosperous society in recorded human history?

Since I read this yesterday, I have had a knot in the pit of my stomach. A really big one.

I really don't know what more to say. This is just as bad as it gets.
    Because, from here, anything is possible. Anything.

Aren't there laws to protect against this? Checks and balances?
    With a president this unpopular, you can't tell me that no one is going to put a stop to this!
    I mean, doesn't the justice dept, the Senate, the Congress have automatic power to fight off tyranny? Dictatorships?

If this were this easy to do, why hasn't someone done it before?

I simply cannot believe that the three branches of government just sat there and let this happen and will do nothing.

This is the most afraid I have ever felt and I mean that sincerely.
    I feel like the bottom has just dropped out of my world.

Quote Originally Posted by ProudAmericanFamily
    Since I read this yesterday, I have had a knot in the pit of my stomach. A really big one.

I really don't know what more to say. This is just as bad as it gets.
    Because, from here, anything is possible. Anything.

Aren't there laws to protect against this? Checks and balances?
    With a president this unpopular, you can't tell me that no one is going to put a stop to this!
    I mean, doesn't the justice dept, the Senate, the Congress have automatic power to fight off tyranny? Dictatorships?

If this were this easy to do, why hasn't someone done it before?

I simply cannot believe that the three branches of government just sat there and let this happen and will do nothing.

This is the most afraid I have ever felt and I mean that sincerely.
    I feel like the bottom has just dropped out of my world.
    Like you, I am amazed. Surely, there must be a provision in the constitution that would stop this sort of nonsense--I am still trying to find out.

It is the most frightening story in a long time!

Darn so Bush is now a Dictater?
    <div>DEFEAT BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA THE COMMIE FOR FREEDOM!!!!</div>

April
    Matthewcloseborders wrote:

Darn so Bush is now a Dictater?

Well, he has been one for quite some time, he is just making it public now.

Does Bush even know what dictator means?

April
    Someone has probably told him it has something to do with being the
    "Decider."

I am waiting now for Ron Paul and Dana Rohrabacher to come out in a press conference and tell the world that the emperor has no clothes...

I think it might be time for some straight talk to the American people.

I think we'd be better not to dream of an '08 election, the dictator will probably declare an emergency and prolong the election. That emergency could come in the form of anothter attack, just like (I think), Robert Pastor said which was, in so many words..that it will take another attack on the United States to finally catapult America into the NAU. I guess Bush will be the dictator until he's happy with things and then some communist nut job will probably take power when this traitor of a prez leaves.

I wonder how our Generals will react to all of this..some are not going to like it. They are sworn to protect the President, not some dictator.

With the signing by the President for these dangerous executive powers and the statement by Robert Pastor (I think), its like they're planning for the next attack and it would seem that they know when its coming. Could it be they knew when the last attack was coming? NOTE: This conjecture may not be real far off the mark. One must ask him or herself, WHY weren't there any airplane parts found at the Pentagon (even minutes after that attack)?

1) Possible civil war here at home
    2) Possible war with Iran
    3) All of the above

Take your pick. Should I expect the unmarked black helicopters?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well, isn't that how the Antichrist was prophesied to do?

1) Gain Peoples confidence
    2) Turn against them
    3) Proclaim himself supreme ruler
    4) Mark his followers with the number of the beast.

We are on pope 112 and the end will come at pope 113.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast