Like Tree8Likes

Thread: What’s Up With White Women?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

What’s Up With White Women?

What’s Up With White Women?

by David A. Yeagley

Originally published at FrontPageMagazine.com | May 18, 2001

"Look, Dr, Yeagley, I don’t see anything about my culture to be proud of. It’s all nothing. My race is just nothing."
    The girl was white. She was tall and pretty, with amber hair and brown eyes. For convenience’ sake, let’s call her "Rachel."
    I had been leading a class on social psychology, in which we discussed patriotism – what it means to be a people or a nation. The discussion had been quite lively. But when Rachel spoke, everyone fell silent.

"Look at your culture," she said to me. "Look at American Indian tradition. Now I think that’s really great. You have something to be proud of. My culture is nothing."
    "You’re not proud to be American?" I asked.
    "Oh, I’m happy to be American, but I’m not proud of how America came about."

Her choice of words was telling. She was "happy" to be an American. But not "proud" of it.

On one level, I wasn’t surprised. I knew the head of our American History department at Oklahoma State University-OKC, and I recognized his hackneyed liberal jargon in Rachel’s words. She had taken one of his courses, with predictable results.

Yet, I was still stunned. Her words disturbed and offended me in a way that I could not quite enunciate.

day. I lay awake that night thinking about what she had said.

On the surface, she was paying me a compliment. She was praising my Indian culture, at the expense of her own. Why, then, did it feel so much like a slap in the face?

As I lay awake that night, I thought of an old story by Kay Boyle, written in 1941, called "Defeat." It’s about the French women in the German-occupied village of Pontcharra. All the French men were away at war. It was the 14th of July, Bastille Day, when Frenchmen were usually proud to be French. The village women, however, chose that day to give in to the German men.

They did it innocently enough. The women just wanted to wear their fancy holiday dresses. They wanted to drink and dance. And the Germans were the only men around with whom they could do it.
    So they gave in.

The Cheyenne people have a saying: A nation is never conquered until the hearts of its women are on the ground.
    That’s what I thought about as I lay there, with Rachel’s words running over and over in my mind. "My race is just nothing…. " she had said. "My culture is nothing."

After class, one older white student, a husband and father, had exchanged glances with me on the way out. He said to me in a low voice, "I don’t want her on my team!"
    I understood what he meant. Frankly, I wouldn’t want her on my team either. A woman who won’t be true to her own people certainly won’t be true to someone else’s.

When Rachel denounced her people, she did it with the serene self-confidence of a High Priestess reciting a liturgy. She said it without fear of criticism or censure. And she received none. The other students listened in silence, their eyes moving timidly back and forth between me and Rachel, as if unsure which of us constituted a higher authority.

My goodness, if an Indian woman had said such a thing in front of Indian men, her ears would have burned for a week!
    By giving in to the German conquerors, those French women in the Kay Boyle story had betrayed their men. But it was an understandable betrayal. Their men were gone. The Germans were in command.
    Who had conquered Rachel’s people? What had led her to disrespect them? Why did she behave like a woman of a defeated tribe?
    They say that a warrior is measured by the strength of his enemies. As an Indian, I am proud of the fact that it took the mightiest nation on earth to defeat me.

But I don’t feel so proud when I listen to Rachel. It gives me no solace to see the white man self-destruct. If Rachel’s people are "nothing," what does that say about mine?

I believe in my Comanche people.

I know that someday we’ll stand as equals before the white man, strong, prosperous and self-sufficient. But we won’t get there by listening to empty praise from guilty white women. We’ll get there by studying the white man’s ways and learning to be strong as he is.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Interesting article, both men and women have been harmed past 40 years in public schools regarding morals, history, patriotism, the liberal propaganda taught each day has basically destroyed our society and it appears the far left continues with this program.

I do understand with one parent homes or both parents working it is difficult to monitor your child's education but I would suggest for the sake of your children do anything possible to remove your child from public schools, if that causes the loss of cable TV, cell phones, extra car, etc in the end it's worth it.

It is not a education in public schools but rather a life style being taught.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

White women singlehandedly elected and RE-elected the dictator Obama.

I agree with both comments on this thread. The left plays upon women's natural instinct to "care" for things - children, animals, the poor, etc. Women also tend to be a bit naive to the ways of the world and long for peace, kumbaya, rainbows... etc. It's not so much and intelligence issue as it is an emotional one as women tend to make decisions based on their emotions rather than logic.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal View Post
    I agree with both comments on this thread. The left plays upon women's natural instinct to "care" for things - children, animals, the poor, etc. Women also tend to be a bit naive to the ways of the world and long for peace, kumbaya, rainbows... etc. It's not so much and intelligence issue as it is an emotional one as women tend to make decisions based on their emotions rather than logic.
    One other point, women are being taught via media,college and public schools you don't need a man, but the basic instinct of the majority of women have children/family so many simply avoid the issue until 40 years of age, larger numbers have children without marriage when they do they look for someone in government to fill the void however it helps the liberal politicians while harming our society.

True, Old Guy - the other thing is that women are turning in to the "boss" and the men are being feminized. While I am all for equal rights for both genders, (I know it's unlikely to happen) I do think that this role reversal will be the bane of our existence.

I believe within every house, business, country, etc that there is a hierarchy of power. You can't have two kings, two presidents, etc. The role of men and women are being blurred.

Personally, I am happy with my role as a wife and mother - things would be darn near perfect if not for this out of control govt and liberalism. Seeing the country slipping thru our fingers is heartbreaking to me.... I am in my 40's. These should be some of the best years of my life. I should be living in and enjoying the moment, but I lay awake at night and wonder when it will all end. With the way things are now, we can hardly even plan for the future. (ok vent/off)

Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal View Post
    True, Old Guy - the other thing is that women are turning in to the "boss" and the men are being feminized. While I am all for equal rights for both genders, (I know it's unlikely to happen) I do think that this role reversal will be the bane of our existence.

I believe within every house, business, country, etc that there is a hierarchy of power. You can't have two kings, two presidents, etc. The role of men and women are being blurred.

Personally, I am happy with my role as a wife and mother - things would be darn near perfect if not for this out of control govt and liberalism. Seeing the country slipping thru our fingers is heartbreaking to me.... I am in my 40's. These should be some of the best years of my life. I should be living in and enjoying the moment, but I lay awake at night and wonder when it will all end. With the way things are now, we can hardly even plan for the future. (ok vent/off)
    Agree, as an old timer my greatest memories is coming home from school and have my mother meet me at the door, I see so many young couples split up over who does the housework or who pays what bill, this all plays into the liberals plan of control,it's a slow process but they are winning.
    All this can be changed but it will take time,more male teachers in elementary schools would be a start, I still hold out hope that people will/can understand what is being done to our society.