Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

LA: Reyes- Worried more about economy than jamiel Shaw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NtRKLxBzP4

* this is the transcript of April 9th Lou Dobbs on CNN*

And the parents of a Los Angeles teenager are fighting back tonight after their son was shot and killed. The suspect in his murder, an illegal alien gang member, now the victim's family is demanding the city of Los Angeles stop its protection of illegal aliens from arrest and deportation.

Casey Wian has our report.

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

CASEY WIAN, CNN CORRESPONDENT (voice-over): Jamel Shaw, Jr. was a 17-year-old Los Angeles high school student and star running back who caught the eye of Stanford recruiters. But he was gunned down near his house last month police say by Pedro Espinosa (ph), a 19- year-old illegal alien gang member. He's pleaded not guilty to murder charges.

Jamel's family and friends are of course devastated, but also outraged because Espinosa was released from county jail on unrelated charges a day before their son was killed. Shaw's family appeared at a Los Angeles City Council meeting Tuesday.

JAMEL SHAW, SR., FATHER: My son was murdered by someone that was not in the country legally and he was a documented 18th Street gang member that I'm sure was in a database and when he was released, he was released into the community.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Would like to give a shout at to my son...

WIAN: Jamel's mother is an active duty sergeant in the Army.

ANITA SHAW, MOTHER: My son while I as in Iraq was murdered by a illegal alien that is a gang member and me serving the country, serving the state, serving the United States I think that's an awful shame.

WIAN: Jamel's family stresses they don't want to increase tensions between blacks and Latinos. But they do want change specifically that Los Angeles end its policy of forbidding police officers from apprehending known illegal alien gang members, unless they are caught committing another crime.

JUDY MOORE, COMMUNITY ACTIVIST: Do you know who the gang members are? Get rid of them, send them home. They don't belong here.

WIAN: City Council members were not permitted to respond directly at the meeting, but later a few promised to consider ways to modify the LAPD policy known as Special Order 40. Others said it would unfairly target the Latino community.

ED REYES, LOS ANGELES CITY COUNCIL: It will cause division because our economy isn't ready for that. I think we will suffer more. Our sense of community I think will be shattered.

WIAN: Police Chief William Bratton supports Special Order 40. Saying he doesn't want illegal aliens to fear cooperating with police. At the same time a family, minus a son and big brother still grieves.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: He asks me every day, dad, I miss Jazz (ph). You know, he -- he wants his brother. All he talks about every day is he wants to invent a time machine, because he wants to go back. We want him back. But we can't get him back. And it hurts every day.

(END VIDEOTAPE)

WIAN: Now federal and local law enforcement are also investigating why Espinosa was not flagged for deportation during his four-month jail stay on charges of brandishing a weapon and resisting arrest. One reason, Lou, may be that he simply lied about where he was born during his previous arrest -- Lou.

DOBBS: No, the liars are the city officials of Los Angeles, Casey. For that city councilman to stand there and tell that grieving family that the economy isn't ready for the enforcement of immigration laws. And for Bill Bratton, the chief of police -- I've known Bill Bratton and I want to say this Bill Bratton -- for you to sit there and defend your Order 40 against a family that is trying to struggle and to cope with the loss of one of their family members, you know is irresponsible and it's disgusting politics.

And I think every one of you in the city of Los Angeles, running that city, supporting a sanctuary city and trying to excuse what happened to that family I think it is contemptible and I think you are something less than any of us would want any public official to be in any quarter of this country. Casey, that is one of the most infuriating stories, one of the most difficult stories I'm sure for you to report. I don't know what to say.

WIAN: The only thing you can say, Lou, is there now appears to be growing support in the city of Los Angeles from many sectors, including some on the City Council who are going take another look at Special Order 40 the way it is implemented and perhaps, perhaps we can get it changed -- Lou.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and this was my reply

ED REYES, LOS ANGELES CITY COUNCIL: It will cause division because our economy isn't ready for that. I think we will suffer more. Our sense of community I think will be shattered.

AND THIS IS MY COMMENT TO YOU

I DONT GIVE A RATS A$$ ABOUT THE LOCAL ECONOMY...SCREW YOUR LOCAL ECONOMY.
    THE ECONOMNY WILL SURVIVE WHEN YOU TAKE A THOUSAND GANG MEMBERS OFF THE STREET.

WE ARE TALKING ABOUT SOMEONE BEING KILLED INNOCENTLY BY AN ILLEGAL ALIEN GANG BANGER WITH A RAP SHEET A MILE LONG ALREADY, ESPECIALLY SINCE HES BEEN IN THE 18TH STREET GANG SINCE HE WAS 12 AND NOW HES 19.

YOU HAD BEST WORRY ABOUT BEING SUED BY THE SHAW FAMILY AND HOW MUCH THE CITY CAN AFFORD TO PAY

WHAT THE HELL PART OF THAT DO YOU NOT FREAKING UNDERSTAND?

LISTEN, REYES, YOU ARE ELECTED BY THE LEGAL AMERICANS TO SERVE AND REPRESENT THEM. YOU ARE NOT ELECTED TO SERVE THE ILLEGAL GANG MEMBERS. IFS BECAUSE OF YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE ON THE COUNCIL, THE MAYOR AND THE POLICE CHIEF THAT THE GANG VIOLENCE IS SO BAD IN YOUR CITY.

PUT YOUR FREAKING HISPANIC HERITAGE AND HISTORY BEHIND YOU FOR A MINUTE AND UNDERSTAND THE RULE OF LAW.
    UNDERSTAND WHAT THE SHAW FAMILY IS GOING THROUGH. BY THESE COMMENTS ABOVE, YOU MAKE IT SEEM LIKE YOU DONT GIVE A CARE. IT SOUNDS LIKE THE DAMN ECONOMY IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE MURDER OF AN INNOCENT AMERICAN BY AN ILLEGAL ALIEN GANG MEMBER.

YOUR COMMENTS ARE PATHETIC, ABSURD AND YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF.

IN CLOSING...... SCREW SPECIAL ORDER 40. SCREW THE GANG MEMBERS. (NO MATTER WHAT RACE THEY ARE). SCREW THE LOCAL ECONOMY CUZ IT WILL ****ING SURVIVE.
    THE HELL WITH MAYOR TONY (ILLEGAL ALIEN LOVING) VILLA LA RAZA
    THE HELL WITH THE CHIEF OF POLICE
    THE HELL WITH YOU AND EVERY OTHER CITY COUNCIL MEMBER WHO WILL NOT SUPPORT JAMIELS LAW AND MAKE IT LAW.

WHAT AN EMBARASSMENT TO THE CITY OF ANGELS.

AND WHILE YOUR AT IT. READ THIS................... ANOTHER ONE OF YOUR LOVING GANG MEMBERS THAT YOU WONT ARREST BECAUSE OF SPECIAL ORDER 40 KILLS ANOTHER CITIZEN OF LOS ANGELES, JUST THIS PAST WEEKEND

Woman Charged In Shooting Death On Freeway Off-Ramp
    POSTED: 1:39 pm PDT April 15, 2008
    UPDATED: 4:20 pm PDT April 15, 2008

LOS ANGELES -- An alleged gang member has been charged with murder in the shooting death of a 19-year-old woman near a freeway off-ramp in South Los Angeles.

Jessica Ortega, 30, is scheduled to be arraigned May 1 at the downtown Los Angeles courthouse in connection with the April 10 killing of Samantha Padilla.
    Police were searching for additional people involved in the incident.
    Ortega, a resident of the Ramona Gardens public housing complex in Boyle Heights, was arrested Friday on suspicion of murder, Officer Jason Lee of the Los Angeles Police Department's Media Relations Section said. Ortega and her vehicle, a Ford Bronco believed to have been involved in the shooting, were both taken into custody on Friday.

"Detectives are continuing their investigation and looking for other outstanding suspects," Lee said.
    Detectives have not released details on the motive for the shooting.
    Padilla, of Los Angeles, was fatally shot about 12:15 a.m. Thursday near the Slauson Avenue off-ramp of the northbound Harbor (110) Freeway, said LAPD Officer Kate Lopez of the Media Relations unit.

Padilla was stopped at a traffic light near the off-ramp when someone in a 1990-91 model light- brown-over-dark-brown Ford Bronco pulled up alongside and fired a number of shots into her car, striking her several times. Padilla died at a hospital about a half-hour later, police said.

Padilla, a baggage handler at Los Angeles International Airport, was on the way home from work when the shooting occurred, according to KNBC.

http://www.knbc.com/news/15890554/detail.html

http://video.knbc.com/player/?id=239613 AND WATCH THIS DAMN VIDEO WHERE THE NEWS ANCHOR AND THE POLICEMAN INVESTIGATING THE CRIME SAYS IT WAS NOT RANDOM.