Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar

Mexico finds no salmonella in tomatoes

Jul 11, 7:43 PM EDT

Mexico finds no salmonella in tomatoes

MEXICO CITY (AP) -- Mexico's Agriculture Department says its tests found no salmonella in Mexican tomatoes.

It says Mexican officials took samples from the same soil, water and tomatoes recently examined by U.S. inspectors and found no evidence of the bacteria.

A team of inspectors from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration visited five Mexican farms in search of the source of a salmonella outbreak that has sickened more than 1,000 people.

The FDA has not released the results of its tests in Mexico. It recently added peppers and cilantro to its list of foods under investigation in the outbreak.

Mexico's Agriculture Department said in a statement released Friday that the U.S. should clear Mexican tomatoes from any suspicion.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/M/ ... TE=DEFAULT
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Mexico's Agriculture Department said in a statement released Friday that the U.S. should clear Mexican tomatoes from any suspicion.
    Is it just me or does mexico order the United States around like a wicked step child? When is this country going to grow some stones and put mexico in its place.

Anyway, I thought the USDA was supposed to take random samples from food products when they entered this country and test it for among other things, salmonella. Tainted food shouldn't be getting into the market place if that was being done. Or maybe i'm putting too much faith in the USDA..
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Mexico lost all credibility with me a long time ago...........

I want country of origin labels on all produce and products.
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The FDA waited over 3 months to go into Mexico to see if that is where the outbreak came from. Any trace of salmonella might have died off by then.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Salmonella is one of the LEAST dangerous bacterial infections that you can get from eating mexican produce. I got an Ameobe from eating their lettuce 20 years ago that sent me to the emergency room.

Mexico can't find the drug cartels and arrest them so how can they find bacteria on foods?

They allowed illigal aliens to waltz over the border and give then maps and food and water--whyshould they care if they import tainted food and products to the U.S.?

t says Mexican officials took samples from the same soil, water and tomatoes recently examined by U.S. inspectors and found no evidence of the bacteria.
    Did they test the packing and trucking conditions for transportation? Did they check the trucks for other products possibly smuggled in with the produce which could be contaminated?
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin