Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Should llegal immigrants be able to buy car insurance?

Insurance For Illegal Immigrants!

http://tinyurl.com/6kkn8t

July 26th, 2008

[quote]Do you think that illegal immigrants should be able to buy auto insurance?

New Mexico’s legislature passed a law in 2003 that allows illegal immigrants to get driver’s licenses so that the public would be safer. States regularly deny driver’s licenses to foreign citizens no matter what there immigrant status is. Some states like California began tightening their requirements for driver’s licenses, and many immigrants couldn’t renew their licenses, and their car insurance was cancelled automatically.

Some car insurance companies have seen this as a new golden market. Even though many states deny driver’s licenses to illegal immigrants, the law doesn’t prevent insurers from selling insurance to unlicensed drivers and car owners. Big companies like Progressive are writing car insurance for illegal immigrant drivers.

My first reaction to this story was anger. How could those insurance companies reward illegal immigrants with car insurance? But then, I calmed down and began thinking like an insurance claims professional.

The legal arguments about immigration are not my immediate concern, and they shouldn’t be yours, either. The most important thing you should consider is what happens to you if you get into a traffic accident with an unlicensed driver who has no car insurance.

How many times have you heard a news story that told about an illegal immigrant driver that caused an accident, and then took off on foot, abandoning their car? Sometimes, they’ll beg the other driver to let them pay for damages in cash, just so they are not discovered driving without insurance or confronted by police.

I like the fact that the insurance companies are taking a pragmatic position. Illegal immigrants are going to drive cars in North America. Few things will stop them. They are going to drive to and from work whether or not they have a license. Nothing prevents them from owning a car in any state that I know of.

By serving this growing market, the auto insurers are offering protection as they rightfully should. They are staying out of the political fray, and correctly staking their position in the free market. Certainly, this market of illegal immigrants is high-risk insurance, and so the insurers are charging high-risk rates for auto policies. But that’s no different than charging higher rates for American citizens that have had a DUI. Risky behavior gets you higher rates.

But the insurance companies are finding that the illegal driver segment is very profitable. The insurance companies experience good “retention,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Illegal aliens shouldn't be driving in this country, period! Anyone that does anything to aid them in breaking the law should be prosecuted for aiding and abetting an illegal alien. Their illegal life in America should not be made easier. It's all about greed with the car insurance companies. They aren't in the community service business. Our well-being is not their concern. The companies are simply taking advantage of a situation to make a profit. Anyone that paints a different picture isn't paying attention (IMO).

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The problem with the argument for giving licences to illegal aliens is that those among them who cause the main problem on a road illegal aliens who are bad drivers do not stop driving.

I think anyone even the illegal aliens should be able to buy a car in the United States it is a potential export item, those who are illegal should not be here. The illegal aliens who drive a car here do not have a right to be here.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I don't believe illegal aliens have car insurance. No license no insurance they don't care.

Insurance companies may go the way of the banks with their don't ask policy. A driver's license is aiding illegals just like banks with their liberal lending practices are now holding real estate being vandalized and no one is interested in buying empty shells of homes. Okay, the illegal alien gets his car insurance, pays the $600 (or whatever) premium, then goes out and has an accident which costs the insurance company $10,000 in damages, perhaps more in bodily harm. These guys should realize this is not a good gamble for making a profit.
    First, these states, which grant drivers licenses to illegals "for our safety" should not be so dumb. If they persist, I recommend that they be thrown out of the union
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Since when do illegals buy car insurance anyway? They just flee the scene every time they have an accident. After all, most of their cars are registered to phony names so there is nothing to trace back to them, so they just beat it and let their innocent victims deal with the consequences. Think about it, why would they buy insurance when the cops have no way to trace the car back to the illegal. How often do you hear about DUI accidents and they say the illegal alien driver fled the scene? Only about 99.9999999% of the time.
    [b][i][size=117]"Leave like beaten rats. You old white people. It is your duty to die. Through love of having children, we are going to take over.â€

Since they aren't supposed to be here anyways, they shouldn't be driving. Since they are here illegally, have no driver's license which thus means they aren't to be on the road, why would any insurance company cover any accident expenses?? It has been so long since I applied for insurance that I don't recall....does the application ask if you have a current drivers license?? A few years ago my insurance company did enquire something about my driver's license. I had to correct my DOB on it to get a passport, and my insurance company did follow up at insurance renewal time that my drivers license didn't match their records.

Why should illegal aliens spend money for car insurance when they can drive without it? Nothing happens to them when they cause an accident anyway...I bet if I accidently hit an illegal alien, my insurance will reward him financially though.

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    Illegal aliens shouldn't be driving in this country, period! Anyone that does anything to aid them in breaking the law should be prosecuted for aiding and abetting an illegal alien. Their illegal life in America should not be made easier. It's all about greed with the car insurance companies. They aren't in the community service business. Our well-being is not their concern. The companies are simply taking advantage of a situation to make a profit. Anyone that paints a different picture isn't paying attention (IMO).
    I do not think it could be said any better than this!

I also want to know how an illegal invader is able to register a car with the DMV without having a valid license! I know the argument is that one does not need a drivers license to own a vehicle. But come on! Shouldn't we assume that if someone is going to register a vehicle, they intend on driving it.

I don't know...maybe i'm off the mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Molly
    Why should illegal aliens spend money for car insurance when they can drive without it? Nothing happens to them when they cause an accident anyway...I bet if I accidently hit an illegal alien, my insurance will reward him financially though.
    Molly brings up the real issue here! The majority of illegal invaders are not going to bother with insurance. And why should they! Nothing happens to them anyway if they get into an accident! The American citizens who plays by the rules are stuck with that burden of being REQUIRED to have insurance if they want to drive.

If an illegal invader hits me with no insurance, i'm the one who will have to put in a claim through my insurance. Essentially, I'm covering this illegal invader to drive without insurance because i'm required to!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast