Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Statement by Secretary Henry M. Paulson Jr.

Statement by Secretary Henry M. Paulson Jr.

Sunday, September 28, 2008

"I thank my colleagues on both sides of the aisle for their hard work over a very short time period to craft strong legislation that will enable us to strengthen our financial markets and promote the flow of credit to businesses and consumers that is so vital to our economic growth and prosperity. This bill provides the necessary tools to deploy up to $700 billion to address the urgent needs in our financial system, whether that be by purchasing troubled assets broadly, insuring troubled assets, or averting the potential systemic risk from the disorderly failure of a large financial institution. I am confident this legislation gives us the flexibility to unclog our financial markets increase the ability of our financial institutions to deliver the credit that will help create jobs. We are taking the steps needed to be ready to begin implementing this legislation as soon as it is signed.

"Members on both sides were focused on the right things creating an effective program that can be implemented quickly and effectively, and doing everything possible to protect the taxpayers.

"Quick, effective and bipartisan action sends a signal to investors large and small, here and abroad, that we are committed to taking the necessary actions to protect our financial system and our economy. The American people will recognize the leadership you have all shown to protect them to preserve their access to credit, and preserve jobs."

http://tinyurl.com/3rk2e7
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The American people will recognize the leadership you have all shown to protect them to preserve their access to credit, and preserve jobs."

Yea we'll thank them alright when we vote them out office.

What an arrogant SOB

We're actually supposed to believe this drivel nonsense?

I've found that anything these traitors do in a "bipartisan" way always spells trouble.

April
    I DO NOT BELIEVE ANYTHING HE SAYS!! HE AND HIS BUDDIES ARE LOWER THAN SNAKE BELLIES!!! NO BAILOUT!!!!

TOGETHER WE CAN DO THIS!!!

U.S. SENATE AND HOUSE CONTACT INFORMATION:

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-63874.html

TOLL FREE

Congressional Switchboard Numbers

800-833-6354
    866-340-9281
    877-762-8762
    866-808-0065
    888-355-3588
    866-220-0044

Quote Originally Posted by April
    I DO NOT BELIEVE ANYTHING HE SAYS!! HE AND HIS BUDDIES ARE LOWER THAN SNAKE BELLIES!!! NO BAILOUT!!!!

TOGETHER WE CAN DO THIS!!!

U.S. SENATE AND HOUSE CONTACT INFORMATION:

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-63874.html

TOLL FREE

Congressional Switchboard Numbers

800-833-6354
    866-340-9281
    877-762-8762
    866-808-0065
    888-355-3588
    866-220-0044

YES WE CAN! YES WE WILL!

April, I always get a chuckle every time I see your fighting kitty avitar. It's the perfect mascot!

That kitty drinks gogo juice, I bet. And catnip tea daily.... Kitty is landing all the right & left paw hooks...How Sweet.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I am watching channel 2 news and now I know why we can't get anything done energy wise. Paulson spends his spare time on environmental issues. He doesn't konw if this 700 billion dollars will work.

He is worth 500 million, why doesn't he put his money in, along with his buddies. How about congress putting their salaries in and then if it works we'll put ours in. This is an awful lot of money to put on a proprosal that isn't insured to work. If it doesn't, which i think will only slow things down a bit, then what. He is taliking and knows we are angry, but I guess this ins't a democracy anymore. We do what THEY want. If we are wrong, we will pay for it, but we should at least have the right to have a say so.