Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Sign of Surrender?

The Emperor’s Communist Clothes: China’s Flag To Fly Over White House September 20 To Celebrate Red Rule
    September 4th, 2009 Posted By Erik Wong.

ChinaDaily:

The national flag of the People’s Republic of China (PRC) will be hoisted at the South Lawn of the White House in Washington on September 20, media reported Sunday.

Chen Ronghua, chairman of Fujian Association of the United States, told reporters that their application was approved not only because of the sound Sino-US relations but also because China is a responsible country.

“Many Americans admire China due to the success of last year’s Beijing Olympics,â€
    <div>MY eyes HAVE seen the GLORY... And that GLORY BELONGS to US... We the PEOPLE!</div>

China and the US may be competing in some arenas but we are not at war.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Zhao said the performances will demonstrate the friendship, magnanimous spirit and kindness of modern Chinese people.
    You want our money maybe huh? How do you tell the landlord what to do on his investment?
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Wow,The right is going to have a field day with this, no foreign flag should ever be permanently flown at the white house.
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

[quote="Reciprocity"

[b]]Wow,The right is going to have a field day with this, no foreign flag should ever be permanently flown at the white house[/b]

Where is there any evidence whatsoever that this flag is going to be flown permanently at the White House?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I called everyone I could about this when it was first posted, and I really don't think that any articles from the China Dailly are worthy of taken as news as they are controlled by the government--communism at work.
    And I doubt the White House will let this happen as this administration is already in enough trouble with the American people.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    Please remember to provide link to article.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2009 ... 422505.htm

April
    [quote]“Many Americans admire China due to the success of last year’s Beijing Olympics,â€

The Newspapers all over the World will run that picture on the Front page. Its just that there are so many Headings they can put with it...
    "Surrender?"... "Victory?"..."Fall of the West?"..."End of Capitalism?"
    That Communist Flag only needs to be there for a minute, My point is that NEVER should a Foreign Flag be raised IN OUR CAPITAL.
    The FOOLS in the White House do not understand that...
    OR, maybe they do.
    <div>MY eyes HAVE seen the GLORY... And that GLORY BELONGS to US... We the PEOPLE!</div>

Where's the beef?

The following from this link: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...ag-south-lawn/

"Demonstrations by foreign groups on the Ellipse or in Lafayette Park, in front of the White House, are not uncommon. But foreign flags are only flown on the White House grounds or on Pennsylvania Avenue to mark "state" or "official" visits of the countries' leaders.

Under those guidelines, the Chinese flag has flown on White House grounds before, in April of 2006, when President Hu Jintao visited then President George W. Bush.

In fact the current controversy is reminiscent of that visit. The Chinese insisted it was a state visit, despite U.S. assurances it was only an official one. The "state visit" label would have implied a bigger honor to Hu and to China, but Bush only had a handful of state visits and Hu's wasn't one of them.

Still, Chinese media continued to report it was a state visit even after it was over. And they continue now to report that the Fujian Association rally will take place on the White House lawn, even though U.S. officials insist it will not."

I don't see what the problem is; flying the flag of a state visitor is common.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast