Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar

TX-Gubernatorial hopefuls spar over border policies

Gubernatorial hopefuls spar over border policies
    Comments 19
    January 24, 2010 10:14 PM
    Jeremy Roebuck

In a series of ads that ran during his 2006 campaign, Gov. Rick Perry swaggered down the banks of the Rio Grande dressed in tight jeans and cowboy boots with border sheriffs by his side.

The incumbent’s pledge to “increase patrols and use technology to stop terrorists from crossing our borderâ€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Democrats Excuse

"""While the Republican plans all treat border security primarily as a law enforcement issue, the Democrats have drawn a broader line, arguing that economics lies at the root of most of the problems."""

This is the Democrats saying "We need more global wealth Redistribution" "Lets send even more Jobs to Mexico"

lol

Farouk Shami, are you kidding me? Didn't we learn with all of the hispnics we have elected? Are we going to PROVE our diversity by electing people that don't share our views of America. I don't know if this person is foreign born or not, but I think people should start really investigating people with these last names, so we don't end up with Sharia law. The more you read, the more it is evident that they plan to attack us from within. With just 2% of the population they are demanding more and more, just wait until they are more. Look at Greece and France etc. why do we continue to invite trouble?

Debra Medina, is the clear winner when it comes to her stance on illegal trespass and what to do once they have trespassed.

Illegal trespassers have hurt my flooring installation business, because I will not join the bandwagon, hiring them too, so I can compete with all those hiring illegals to do my job, cheaper than I will do it, and be exploited because they do not have the same rights as an American doing the same work.
    Travis and Crockett, are flopping in their graves

Reality Check: Hutchison border security ad deviates from facts

by BRAD WATSON / WFAA-TV

Posted on January 25, 2010 at 6:50 PM

Perhaps signaling an attempted shift in campaign issues, Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison is airing a new ad critical of Gov. Rick Perry on border security.

Along with Debra Medina they are running for the Republican nomination for governor.

Illegal immigration is clearly a big issue to GOP voters, but Hutchison's commercial clouds some of her record.

It states that Perry talks about it, but that she has a strong record. "I have quadrupled the number of border patrol agents," Hutchison says in the ad. It's true that since Hutchison joined the Senate in 1993, the number of border patrol agents has quadrupled.

But it's a distortion for her to say she did it.

As www.politifact.com/Texas found, much of the increase happened after President Bush pushed for more agents.

Hutchison has supported more border agents, but she is just one of 100 senators.

An announcer in the Hutchison ad then goes on to say: "Kay's plan will require state agencies verify legal status before hiring."

Not so fast.

Using the Internet-based E-Verify program, the state could check employment eligibility. But illegal immigrants come mostly for private sector jobs, and Hutchison's plan doesn't crack down on them.

The likely reason: Business groups have opposed such restrictions in the legislature.

The announcer in Hutchison's ad then claims that she will : "...enable Texas authorities to begin deportation of illegal immigrants who commit crimes."

Not so fast.

Hutchison wants Texas Department of Public Safety officers to enforce immigration laws. But as News 8 has reported, there have been problems with such programs when local law enforcement turned over undocumented immigrants to federal agents who deported them before prosecution.

Hutchison didn't mention her support for a border fence in this ad. Perry believes in building a fence in strategic locations, but not the length of the Texas-Mexico border.

Hutchison has always wanted more agents, but in this ad she made her case with one distortion — and a couple of "not so fast" statements.

www.wfaa.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake