Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

More than 50 Hispanic immigrants gather to leave state

More than 50 Hispanic immigrants gather to leave state

June 27, 2011
    Tracy Coley Ingram and Frank Sayles Jr. CNHI

— Georgia’s pending law on illegal immigration is apparently forcing some Hispanic immigrants to flee the state.

Early Monday, more than 50 Hispanic men, women and children, including babies, were gathered outside a Mexican grocery on 12th Street waiting for a bus to take them back to Mexico before the law takes effect, some of them said.

Scores of suitcases, backpacks, boxes and coolers were stacked up outside Torres Mexican Grocery at 314 W. 12th St.

One of the men waiting, who declined to give his name, said most of the Hispanics gathered outside the store did not have proper residency documentation and so were going to Mexico. When interviewed shortly after 8:30 a.m. Monday, he claimed the group had been awaiting the bus since before 11 p.m. the night before.

As Gazette Publisher Frank Sayles Jr. was taking photographs of the scene in the parking lot, a man who claimed to be the store’s owner approached and shoved Sayles, demanding he leave. Roberto Torres is listed as the store’s owner.

When the owner was asked about the bus and what was going on in front of his store, he replied, “I don’t know; I don’t know.â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"Only 11,893,576 to go!"
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

[quote]“The Mexican mafia knows lots of people are returning to Mexico because of this law. They are waiting to take their money when they come into the country,â€
    As Aristotle said, “Tolerance and apathy are the first virtue of a dying civilization.â€

If ICE is short on cash , Well ......... give them more!

Illegals cost this country 126 billion a year or more , it would be money well spent.

Give them the money to deport any and all illegal arrested , get rid of the endless court and appeals process for them, due process is for American citizens , not illegal foreign nationals. Equal rights do not apply to them also.
    Guarantee them humane treatment and fast deportation and nothing else.

Northern California (moved back to fight for our land and freedom)
    [quote]“Our farmers are seeing ongoing, growing problems from this law. Nobody wants to be constantly looking over their shoulder,â€

Hispanic "immigrants"? Don't they mean illegal aliens? Spin, spin, spin.

I think this story is from Tifton GA., since it is from the Tifton Gazette.
    Tifton is on the I-75 about 60 miles north of the FL. state line.
    Way south of Atlanta.

I wish the reporter had stayed to actually see the people get on the bus.
    He needed to report what bus company was hauling them.
    Then he could have gotten the license number and called I.C.E. and the Border Patrol to lookout for it, since it was full of illegal aliens.

They would have headed for I-10 to get to Mexico.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stevetheroofer
    "Only 11,893,576 to go!"
    DANG 50 a day will take along time can we find some more buses?I hope they got on and going back to mexico and not somewhere else in the U.S.

“The Mexican mafia knows lots of people are returning to Mexico because of this law. They are waiting to take their money when they come into the country,â€
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Banned
    a new day,a new sob story! They need to get a fleet of those buses and fill 'em up!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast