Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tancredo says CALL PENCE

http://www.teamamericapac.org/index.php?p=70

Team America In The News

Pence Immigration Plan Faces Many Foes (UPI)

Rep. Tom Tancredo, R-CO. has fiercely attacked Pence's plan an following his comments, Pence's congressional office has been deluged with phone protests about his proposed new compromise bill.

"Call Pence at [his Washington office's number] and let him know that you do not support his 'no amnesty' amnesty," Tancredo said on the website for Team America, his political action committee. Tancredo has described the Pence plan as a "dressed up amnesty."
    Pence is a member of Tancredo's Congressional Immigration Reform Caucus
    FULL STORY http://www.postchronicle.com/news/se...21220710.shtml

Pence, Mike IN 6th 202-225-3021
    "Liberty CANNOT be preserved without general knowledge among people" John Adams (August 1765)

Here's the link for the full story. They have high security on Team America and its tough to get it open.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The POST Chronicle
    Pence Immigration Plan Faces Many Foes
    by Alexia Terzopoulos
    May 29, 2006

WASHINGTON, May 25, 2006 (UPI) -- A prominent congressional Republican has offered an alternative plan to U.S. President George W. Bush's proposal to provide amnesty for illegal immigrants. However, it has outraged Democrats and hard-line conservatives alike.
    The president's new plan to provide to illegal immigrants in the United States would allow them to automatically become legal. But Rep. Mike Pence, R-IN, the chairman of the House Republican Study Committee, said last week that he rejected it and would be pushing very different legislation in Congress.

Pence made his announcement at an event hosted by the Heritage Foundation, a conservative think tank, in Washington, D.C. Tuesday. He said that he planned to introduce the Border Integrity and Immigration Reform Act to Congress.

The bill, unlike the president's one which was approved by the U.S. Senate last week, would require all illegal immigrants to leave the United States and then apply for a temporary work permit to return as a legal employee.

It is "a new approach, and a real middle ground on immigration reform," Pence said.

Pence said his bill would cultivate a middle ground between amnesty and mass deportation, rather than settling on amnesty, as with the plan being debated by the Senate and supported by Bush.
    "Liberty CANNOT be preserved without general knowledge among people" John Adams (August 1765)

I called the Washington number and left a "no amnesty-amnesty" message. Quick!! Fill up the voice mailbox!!!!!!!!

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Who is in control?

I called yesterday and talked to his aide. I told her it amounted to a back door amnesty. I said no illegal alien will go home especially when they are drawing taxpayer funded benefits, have jobs and homes here. No one will deport them and there will be no enforcement of the provisions as there hasn't been any for the past 20 years. The government will say there is nothing we can do; subsequently granting amnesty to them followed by legalization then citizenship. She (the aide) said that wasn't the intention of Pence's plan but I said it is; look at the logic of this and if Pence continues to push his amnesty plan I told her he will NOT have our support.

Iig

Re: Tancredo says CALL SPENCE

Quote Originally Posted by xanadu
    http://www.teamamericapac.org/index.php?p=70

Team America In The News

Pence Immigration Plan Faces Many Foes (UPI)

Rep. Tom Tancredo, R-CO. has fiercely attacked Pence's plan an following his comments, Pence's congressional office has been deluged with phone protests about his proposed new compromise bill.

"Call Pence at [his Washington office's number] and let him know that you do not support his 'no amnesty' amnesty," Tancredo said on the website for Team America, his political action committee. Tancredo has described the Pence plan as a "dressed up amnesty."
    Pence is a member of Tancredo's Congressional Immigration Reform Caucus
    FULL STORY http://www.postchronicle.com/news/se...21220710.shtml

Pence, Mike IN 6th 202-225-3021
    Just left a message: I agree with Rep. Tancredo. I insist that my borders be secured, immediately. I want my current laws vigorously enforced and I especially want employers prosecuted to the fullest. Immigration reform in a separate bill and later, after much more deliberation. No amnesty of any kind. I identified myself as a member of ALIPAC.
    "I have not yet begun to fight!" John Paul Jones