Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Elvira Arellano responds to judge's denial

http://www.belleville.com/mld/bellevill ... 649564.htm

Posted on Sat, Sep. 30, 2006

Immigration activist responds to judge's denial

SOPHIA TAREEN
    Associated Press

CHICAGO - Immigration activist Elvira Arellano said Saturday she will remain holed up in a church in an effort of avoid deportation even though a federal judge dismissed a lawsuit filed against the government.

The lawsuit contended deporting Arellano would effectively deport her son Saul, who is a U.S. citizen, and would be a violation of his rights. U.S. District Judge Amy St. Eve ruled Friday, that although the 7-year-old would face hardships, they weren't of constitutional magnitude.

Arellano, 31, and her son have been living at the Adalberto United Methodist Church since mid-August to avoid deportation.

"I want to stay here with my son," Arellano said in Spanish. "I'm not just fighting for my situation...you can't separate families."

Church pastor the Rev. Walter L. Coleman, who filed the lawsuit in August for Arellano, says she will continue working on all three branches of government to find a way to stay in the U.S. They are in contact with other families in similar situations and are considering filing a class action lawsuit, he said.

Coleman said he is not concerned federal officials will enter the church to remove Arellano.

"We fear God more than we fear Homeland Security," he said.

Arellano was to surrender to federal authorities for deportation Aug. 15, but instead sought refuge in the small church located in the city's heavily Puerto Rican Humboldt Park neighborhood.

Arellano first was arrested in 1997 soon after crossing into the United States and was back to Mexico.

She returned and was again arrested in 2002 and convicted of working as a cleaning woman at O'Hare International Airport under a false Social Security number.

After Arellano gave her statement Saturday, the church hosted an interfaith service with local Muslim, Jewish and Christian leaders.

Emma Lozano, the executive director of the Chicago immigration-rights group Centro Sin Fronteras, asked the approximately 50 people in attendance to "prepare spiritually" and come together to work against hatred toward immigrants.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

What a bunch of idiots! Arellano was deported and returned to be caught again.. this crime carries a 20-year sentence, on top of her fraudalent use of a fake Social Security number! She in fact is a felon and a fugitive which gives authorities every right to get in there and arrest her! ..The priest could be booked for aiding and harbouring a fugitive too.

Emma Lozano, the executive director of the Chicago immigration-rights group Centro Sin Fronteras, asked the approximately 50 people in attendance to "prepare spiritually" and come together to work against hatred toward immigrants.
    This isn't the issue. We are a nation of laws (as Presidente Jorge says over and over), that is the issue. Now we just need to enforce them. If elected officials won't we'll vote someone in who will.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

CHICAGO - Immigration activist Elvira Arellano said Saturday she will remain holed up in a church in an effort of avoid deportation even though a federal judge dismissed a lawsuit filed against the government.
    Looks like Ms. TAREEN made a mistake in the very first sentence.

It should read Illegal alien Elvira Arellano said Saturday she will remain holed up in a church in an effort of avoid deportation even though a federal judge dismissed a lawsuit filed against the government.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

They (the NAU and SPP crowds) are using this case, as well as the case of Duane Chapman and the two Border Patrols looking at 20 years as cases to set precedent as to how illegals will be treated and how Mexico's laws will ultimately affect US citizens. They're using cases whenever possible to slowly implement the NAU. The conspiracy has already started and is in full swing towards implementation. They have started with issues that the odinary US citizen cannot do anything about (directly). From this point on, anyone promoting this union should be dubbed a traitor.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Rockfish
    They (the NAU and SPP crowds) are using this case, as well as the case of Duane Chapman and the two Border Patrols looking at 20 years as cases to set precedent as to how illegals will be treated and how Mexico's laws will ultimately affect US citizens. They're using cases whenever possible to slowly implement the NAU. The conspiracy has already started and is in full swing towards implementation. They have started with issues that the odinary US citizen cannot do anything about (directly). From this point on, anyone promoting this union should be dubbed a traitor.
    WELL SAID! Rock

I think she has had her shot in front of the TV camera, her band wagon
    has fewer riders soon enough she will fade away.
    She has had her day(s) in court on the taxpayers dime and lost.
    Step down next case

Quote Originally Posted by jimpasz
    I think she has had her shot in front of the TV camera, her band wagon
    has fewer riders soon enough she will fade away.
    She has had her day(s) in court on the taxpayers dime and lost.
    Step down next case

Yes, I look forward to the day when I will wake up one morning to read that she was quietly taken away. As far as Luis Guitterez goes, urgghhhh.

The story certainly did fade away...

I hope she is deported and told that she can never return, and I hope she takes her anchor child with her.

What disgusted me more than this pig spouting off at the mouth, is the fact that ICE continues to do nothing. I'm so sick of this. She should have been deported months ago. BFD she's in a church. If it was any of us they would have stormed that church and arrested us months ago. This is nothing, but a sham. We are losing our rights so this piece of crap can trample on them and laugh at us. She is not only breaking our laws, but she is being in your face defiant. Deport this arrogant PIG immediately. Stop worrying about political correctness and get our butt outta here. If you don't want to do your jobs then resign and we'll find some people that will.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast