Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

April

Maybe we are getting somewhere..........

Some of these Bills look real good to me!!!!

Summary of new bills introduced in the Colorado Legislature

Associated Press
    January 10, 2007

A summary of new bills introduced Wednesday in the Colorado Legislature:

_ Establish the Colorado Cares Rx program to provide generic and non-patented prescription drugs at discounted prices. (Senate Bill 1)

_ Bar colleges and universities from requiring undergraduates to have health insurance. (House Bill 1026)

_ Bar minors from using tanning equipment unless prescribed by a physician. (Senate Bill 23)

_ Require athletic trainers to be certified. (Senate Bill 24)

_ Make it a crime to be in this country illegally. (House Bill 1007)_

Require all employers to apply to participate in the federal immigration verification program. (Senate Bill 29)
    _
    Require a no-bond warrant be issued for criminal defendants who are in this country illegally and subject to removal. (House Bill 1040)_

Make it a crime to display any flag other than the flag of the united States or the state of Colorado on a permanent flagpole located on a public building and allowing the display of a prisoner of war, missing in action or veteran commemorative flags. (House Bill 1050)_

Withdraw consent given by the state to the federal government to use eminent domain to acquire land for military training. (House Bill 1069)

_ Bar the state and other political subdivisions from using eminent domain to acquire appropriated water rights. (House Bill 1036)

_ Cancel any proposed toll road unless the route is included in the statewide transportation plan. (House Bill 106

_ Expand Colorado's ''Make My Day'' law to create a presumption that a person who uses deadly force against an intruder has a reasonable fear of imminent death or serious bodily injury. (House Bill 1011)

_ Double the penalty for motorists committing traffic violations while distracted. (House Bill 1006)

_ Increase the costs levied for the benefit of crime victims and add surcharges on traffic infractions to fund the crime victim compensation fund. (Senate Bill 55)

_ Allow the Revenue Department to seize gambling winnings to pay court fines, restitution or child support. (House Bill 1071)

_ Add sexual orientation to the list of characteristics for which a person may not be discriminated against. (Senate Bill 25)

_ Lower the minimum age for compulsory education from 7 to 6. (Senate Bill 16)

_ Repeal provisions of the Unfair Practices Act that bar companies from selling products for less than cost. (House Bill 1070)

_ Create grants to encourage the use of tracking devices to locate handicapped people who become lost. (House Bill 1064)

_ Allow adoption of an agreement among states to elect the president by national popular vote. (Senate Bill 46)

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/2 ... S/70110003

I wonder if Oklahoma might borrow these men to come here and advise Oklahoma law makers how to bring forth similar bills to these in Colorado?
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Not only does this one look good, but it also looks familiar. Isn't it ALREADY a crime to be in this country illegally?

We are NOT a nation of immigrants!

April
    I would be happy to lend them to you, Nitty.......I wish there was a way to share them with all the states....... Maybe they did view those videos I sent them....

I pray that they stay on course.

April
    IndianaJones wrote:

Not only does this one look good, but it also looks familiar. Isn't it ALREADY a crime to be in this country illegally?

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJones

not by state standards. it really isnt an arrestable offense until the second time and then the state can't process and unless specially authorized by ICE. This, i believe, would give an law enforcement in CO the ability to arrest and detain for being here illegally.

April
    dragons5 wrote:

This, i believe, would give an law enforcement in CO the ability to arrest and detain for being here illegally.

Me too Dragon.....Yahoooo.....may the trend continue!!!!