Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mexico sends diplomatic note to U.S. over alleged incursion

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/world/4608594.html

World

March 7, 2007, 3:11PM
    Mexico sends diplomatic note to U.S. over alleged border incursion

Associated Press

TOOLS
    Email Get section feed
    Print Subscribe NOW
    MEXICO CITY — Mexico has sent a diplomatic note to the United States objecting to an alleged incursion into Mexican territory by U.S. Border Patrol agents trying to extinguish a fire, the country's Foreign Relations Department said Tuesday.

The incursion allegedly took place on Monday, as Border Patrol agents stationed in Sonoita, Arizona, were trying to quash a brush fire on the U.S. side that quickly spread into Mexico, the department said.

The Foreign Relations Department said it was notified of the incident on Tuesday by the U.S. Embassy in Mexico, which reported that the border agents immediately returned to their side of the border after the fire was out.

The Embassy did not release a public statement Tuesday.

"The Foreign Relations Department has expressed to the U.S. Embassy via a diplomatic note, its rejection of the incursion," the Mexican government's news release said.

"While the department recognizes that the incursion may have been a response to an attempt to deal with an emergency, as the U.S. Embassy states, it has reiterated ... that even during emergency situations, it is required, without exception, to immediately notify the Mexican authorities."

The complaint comes on the heels of another alleged border incursion late last month, when U.S. workers erecting border fences between Douglas, Arizona, and the Mexican border city of Agua Prieta, allegedly crossed about 10 meters (yards) into Mexico.

At that time, U.S. Ambassador to Mexico Tony Garza issued a statement promising to look into the incident and asserting that the United States "has the deepest respect for the integrity of the sovereignty of Mexican soil and for the importance of the border shared by our two countries."
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

I bet they wrote this tongue in cheek right? What a hipocritical pious bunch of idiots down there, why would anyone in their right mind ever want to vacation in this God forsaken country?
    Build the dam fence post haste!

I thought you guys like "blow jobs"? I really hope Garza was "rolling" his eyes during that statement. Let it burn next time! The mexicans probably started the fire anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by nittygritty
    I bet they wrote this tongue in cheek right? What a hipocritical pious bunch of idiots down there, why would anyone in their right mind ever want to vacation in this God forsaken country?
    I would say the have alot of frigging nerve, just as the illegals do that are in our country!! DEMANDING, DEMANDING, DEMANDING and they seem to get it.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Ok so next time we just let it burn, if we cant get a response about the people crossing the boarder, why would we expect anyone to respond to Fire, fire, fire.

stupid

Send a note back next time saying nest time we will put the fire out on our side, call us in a hour, will let you know if your side went out too.

Good lord what is wrong with that nation ????

Quote Originally Posted by GREGAGREATAMERICAN
    They are behaving just like the OBL, they want to argue no matter what the angle of the argument is. Had the fire not been extinquished they would have complained about that. All of the above are like children throwing a tantrum, if Dad says no; run to Mom and ask her.......and whine all the way. The name of the game is whatever it takes to get my way. It's called MANIPULATION.

I say build the darn fence! That will resolve incursions on both sides.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cvangel
    Quote Originally Posted by GREGAGREATAMERICAN
    They are behaving just like the OBL, they want to argue no matter what the angle of the argument is. Had the fire not been extinquished they would have complained about that. All of the above are like children throwing a tantrum, if Dad says no; run to Mom and ask her.......and whine all the way. The name of the game is whatever it takes to get my way. It's called MANIPULATION.

I say build the darn fence! That will resolve incursions on both sides.

Yep and hang fire safty signs and equipment on our side. ONLY