Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Are illegal aliens eligible for affirmative action programs?

I've never read anything about affirmative action benefits being denied based on something <sarcasm>meaningless</sarcasm> like citizenship or legal immigration status.
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada

It wouldn't surprise me in the least. They're receiving other benefits they are not entitled to, why should this be any different? There seems to be no limit to the insanity.

Affirmative Action was finally voted down in some states, since that program, itself, was racist in its concept. It promoted job candidacy by the color of a person's skin, rather than upon an individual's qualifications for the job. It should not be instituted again under any circumstances; let alone for Illegal Aliens who committed fraud to get jobs in this country to begin with.
    Remember that*all Politicians work for us, the U.S. Taxpaying Citizens.* If they are not doing their jobs to your liking, FIRE THEM in the next elections.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkM
    Affirmative Action was finally voted down since that program, itself, was racist in its concept. It promoted job candidacy by the color of a person's skin, rather than upon an individual's qualifications for the job. It should not be instituted again under any circumstances; let alone for Illegal Aliens who committed fraud to get into this country to begin with.
    Are you sure about that? Do you have any proof it was
    "voted down"? I never remember reading or hearing
    anything about affirmative action programs being
    outlawed.
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-I-am
    Are you sure about that? Do you have any proof it was "voted down"? I never remember reading or hearing anything about affirmative action programs being outlawed.
    I stand corrected; I gave the impression that it had been voted down nationwide. It has been voted down in some states and others are also considering its ban.

It was voted down in California in 1996 through the success of Proposition 209: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proposition_209

Here are some links to a few stories among many that are on the Internet:

http://insidehighered.com/news/2006/11/08/michigan

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...s/aa040595.htm

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...s/aa032495.htm

All U.S. Citizens should have equal opportunity in applying for and obtaining jobs, regardless of race. Personal professional qualifications should determine an individual's candidacy for a job, and not their skin color.
    Remember that*all Politicians work for us, the U.S. Taxpaying Citizens.* If they are not doing their jobs to your liking, FIRE THEM in the next elections.

Re: Are illegal aliens eligible for affirmative action progr

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-I-am
    I've never read anything about affirmative action benefits being denied based on something <sarcasm>meaningless</sarcasm> like citizenship or legal immigration status.
    I am sure they probably do. I mean illegals already have more rights than all Americans anyway.

Affirmative Action was finally voted down since that program, itself, was racist in its concept. It promoted job candidacy by the color of a person's skin, rather than upon an individual's qualifications for the job. It should not be instituted again under any circumstances; let alone for Illegal Aliens who committed fraud to get jobs in this country to begin with.
    Affirmative Action is alive and well. Keep in mind the illegals are a "special" category. As such, they are exempt from the laws that are applicable to legal American citizens. La Raza, et al, are probably already drafting an amendment to a bill that will give special consideration to these poor unfortunate "undocumented."

After all, don't forget the trauma they experienced just entering our country (heat, lack of water, labor pains), and the blatant discrimination they have endured. The pro-illegal racism and xenophobe diatribe is the precursor. The good news is, people are beginning to realize there is no validity to their ranting. The "race card" is being trumped by "the truth."

Note the Dept of Labor Link
    http://www.dol.gov/dol/topic/hiring/affirmativeact.htm

Quote Originally Posted by fedupDeb
    Keep in mind the illegals are a "special" category. As such, they are exempt from the laws that are applicable to legal American citizens. La Raza, et al, are probably already drafting an amendment to a bill that will give special consideration to these poor unfortunate "undocumented."
    This is one of the major reasons why the problem of Illegal Immigration is upsetting to all U.S. citizens, including minorities. The notion that Mexicans who entered this country illegally are "special" and deserve "special treatment" only adds fuel to the fire. Sorry, but equal rights are not special rights, and the rights that we enjoy in the United States are for the United States citizens and for its legal guests! Our rights should not be dictated by the government of Mexico. Mexico is one of the most racist countries in the Americas... most of the people who are of African heritage but who were born in Mexico have been segregated primarily into Beliz. And Mexico complains when we deport people and they call us racist for doing so? When we deport people back to Mexico, it is because of their illegal status... not because of their race. It's all totally out of balance. La Raza itself is racist against anyone who is not Mexican and it has no concern for the rights of U.S. Taxpaying Citizens... it just wants everything it can get out of us. We need to stand up to Mexico and make them learn that Mexico is responsible for the better welfare of its citizens... not the United States.... and we can only do that by refusing to pander to Mexican dictates.

Quote Originally Posted by fedupDeb
    Keep in mind the illegals are a "special" category. As such, they are exempt from the laws that are applicable to legal American citizens. La Raza, et al, are probably already drafting an amendment to a bill that will give special consideration to these poor unfortunate "undocumented."
    This is one of the major reasons why the problem of Illegal Immigration is upsetting to all U.S. citizens, including minorities. The notion that Mexicans who entered this country illegally are "special" and deserve "special treatment" only adds fuel to the fire. Sorry, but equal rights are not special rights, and the rights that we enjoy in the United States are for the United States citizens and for its legal guests! Our rights should not be dictated by the government of Mexico. Mexico is one of the most racist countries in the Americas... most of the people who are of African heritage but who were born in Mexico have been segregated primarily into Beliz. And Mexico complains when we deport people and they call us racist for doing so? When we deport people back to Mexico, it is because of their illegal status... not because of their race. It's all totally out of balance. La Raza itself is racist against anyone who is not Mexican and it has no concern for the rights of U.S. Taxpaying Citizens... it just wants everything it can get out of us. We need to stand up to Mexico and make them learn that Mexico is responsible for the better welfare of its citizens... not the United States.... and we can only do that by refusing to pander to Mexican dictates.

bumping up
    Just your ordinary, average, everyday, American mom!