2010 Census Stirring Up Controversy

Wednesday, August 12, 2009
By Sean Hannity

A quick trip around Hannity's America...

Counting Illegals

The 2010 Census is fast approaching and it's stirring up a great deal of controversy.

An op-ed in The Wall Street Journal recently pointed out that the Census will count illegal immigrants currently living in the United States. Experts say that this practice has traditionally given states like California congressional seats that they do not deserve, all because they have more illegals.

Unfortunately the upcoming census is expected to have similar results, and California could gain nine new congressional seats.

That should make the San Francisco speaker happy, anyway.

Politics of Health

Now you can add one more group to the list of health care opponents: the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights.

The Democrats' health care bill awards scholarships to minority doctors and gives special contracts and grants to medical schools that serve underprivileged areas, all in the hopes that giving money to minority students will make them serve in poorer areas.

But the Civil Rights Commission says that's blatant racial discrimination and adds that there is no proof that this measure actually helps minorities. In a draft letter obtained by The Washington Times that the group plans to send to President Obama, it argues, "These programs are unlikely to reduce health care disparities among racial and ethnic groups... increasing access to high-quality physicians whatever their racial or ethnic ancestry is the best way to mitigate such disparities."

So in short, the Democrats want to award money based on race when there is zero proof that recipients of these scholarships actually go back and serve their communities.

I guess that's another flaw added to what is already a disastrous bill.

New Industrial Age?

Labor Secretary Hilda Solis delivered some great news Monday at the National Clean Energy Summit in Las Vegas.

According to the Associated Press, Solis announced that the alternative energy sector could spark a new industrial revolution and create tons of jobs for minority workers!

Never mind that no green energy jobs have actually been created yet, but Solis assured everyone that in due time they'll come.

By the way, employment in the green jobs industry makes up .05 percent of all jobs in the U.S. Not exactly an indication that an industrial revolution is around the corner.

Weird Science

It's a big edition of the Meltdown, because there is now cold, hard proof that global warming really does exist!

Well, at least according to Michigan Senator Debbie Stabenow.

The National Review Online reports that the senator recently said this about global warming: "Climate change is very real. Global warming creates volatility and I feel it when I'm flying. The storms are more volatile."

You "feel it"? You've got to be kidding me.

Is this how desperate these global warming alarmist have gotten? They're not leaning on their faulty scientific data anymore, they're just making stuff up!

By the way, I wonder what Senator Stabenow was feeling this past month as Michigan experienced its coldest July ever.

— Watch "Hannity" weekdays at 9 p.m. ET on FOX News Channel

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,539101,00.html