Saturday, September 8, 2007

From: 9-11 Families for a Secure America <911fsalist@reply.ms00.net>

Subject: 9/11 Families for a Secure America - September 7 - News Item
Date: Friday, September 07, 2007 1:57:54 PM [View Source]

The families and victims of the September 11, 2001
terror attacks and other violent crimes committed by illegal aliens
www.911fsa.

9-11FSA Families and Friends:
The article I have attached below that runs in today's edition of the Washington Times should make it clear that our government considers the issue of the mission of the CBP inspectors to represent an irritating "speed bump" to the goal of commerce and trade. Admittedly no one likes to wait on a long line, but the solution is not to truncate the process to the point where it becomes virtually meaningless especially as our nation approaches the sixth anniversary of the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001. The solution is to hire more inspectors and do whatever has to be done to perhaps increase the inspections facilities at those ports of entry that have large numbers of vehicles and pedestrians entering the United States.
The issue of speeding the inspections process is reminiscent of my own experience many years ago when I began my career with the former INS as an immigration inspector at John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York. Back then, in the early 1970's we were told to take no more than one minute to admit a passenger. I also recall that we were chastised if we sent too many arriving aliens to "secondary" for a more thorough inspection. Back then we were told that it might be better to simply limit an arriving foreign passenger to a couple of weeks in the United States rather then to send that questionable passenger to secondary. Of course this was long before our nation was engaged in a "War on Terror" but it nevertheless was a flawed way for us to do our jobs. As I noted to my bosses back then, all that those arriving passengers who were of concern to us wanted was to be limited to a couple of minutes on the other sides of the doors that separated the inspections area from the rest of the terminal so that they could get a running head start!
In this day and age, this mind-set represents a threat to national security!
There have also been numerous reports on the way that USCIS (United States Citizenship and Immigration Services) approves applications for immigration benefits. These reports make it clear that the objective is to move the applications even at the expense of screening for fraud. Last year, as I have often noted, that troubled agency claimed to have "lost" more than 110,000 alien immigration files that related to aliens seeking a wide variety of benefits including the conferring of resident alien status and even United States citizenship. The report issued by the GAO stated that some 30,000 applications for United States citizenship were among those processed even though USCIS claimed to have not had access to the relating files!
Interestingly, while we have seen politicians make lots of noise about the need to inspect cargo containers, few of them have had the political courage to make their concerns known (presuming they have concerns) about the way that the immigration laws are enforced including the way that the inspections process or the adjudications process are being conducted.
We the people need to know precisely where our elected representatives stand on these critical issues. It is nearly six years since the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001; do you know where your political representatives stand on these issues?
Democracy is not a spectator sport!
Lead, follow or get out of the way!
-michael cutler-
http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/pbc ... 70089/1001

9/11 Families for a Secure America
PO Box 156
Hawley, PA 18428-0156