Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

American Freedom Riders Rally Border Patrol agent Nick Corbe

10-18-07

Hundreds of American Freedom Riders and friends will gather at the Palominas Trading Post on the Arizona/Mexico border on Sunday, October 21st to protest the malicious prosecution of Border Patrol agent Nick Corbett and to release agents Ramos and Compean. The American Freedom Riders are a large vocal and visible group of Arizona bikers who demand that our international borders be secured.

The 2nd annual "Brotherhood of the Border" ride will begin at the Big Boy's Arena Bar in Benson, Az. at 11:00am, and will include a brief demonstration in support of agent Corbett at the County Courthouse in Bisbee, Az. on the way to the noon rally in Palominas, Az.

Speakers at the Palominas event will include T.J. Bonner, Glenn Spencer, Al Garza, Cindy Kolb, and Randy Graff. All patriots are invited to attend and make their voice heard. There is no charge for the event and food wil be available at Palominas.

Details at: www.americanfreedomriders.com
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I am going to see if I can get a flight out on this short of notice. I would be honored to be there.

I got this off of the American Freedom Riders website.

Paige

The best account of what really happend to these brave men..

December 25, 2006

Honorable Congressman Walter Jones
    1105-C Corporate Dr.
    Greenville, N. C. 27858-4211

Dear Congressman Jones,

My name is Joe Loya. I am the father- in- law of Border Patrol agent Ignacio ‘Nacho’ Ramos. He was sentenced on October 22nd 2006 to 11years and one day in federal prison for the wounding of and illegal, admitted drug smuggler from Mexico. His fellow agent, Jose Compean was sentenced to 12 years.

There are plenty of versions of what actually took place when two Border Patrol agents, Ramos and Jose Compean, tried to chase down a drug smuggler in Fabens, Texas, 29 miles east of El Paso. But, unless you were there; unless you were present for the twelve day trial; unless you paid $9,000.00 to read the 3000 pages of transcripts; unless you spoke with their fellow officers; unless you saw the affidavits from jurors who claimed that they were bullied into going along with the conviction, you cannot appreciate the enormity of this outrage. I have spent 20 months and hundreds of hours investigating this case because of the lies of the smuggler, the unethical prosecutos and 2 agents who were given proffer letters, or immunity, in exchange for their testimony against the two agents. Please read my account of what really happened that day and than please, do everything you can to persuade President Bush to issue an immediate pardon to these two fine agents.

What really happened? Basically, two Border Patrol agents, attempting to interrupt a cross-border drug smuggling operation, fired their weapons in self-defense at an admitted illegal alien, drug smuggler, Osbaldo Aldrete-Davila. Davila had brought his Ford custom window van across the Rio Grande and driven it five miles into the small town of Fabens which is across the border from San Ysidro, Mexico, the home of the smuggler. Job seeking illegals don’t come across illegally in their vehicles.

Electronic sensors had alerted agent Compean, who was patrolling the border when the van came across the river. Compean alerted the other border patrol agents through radio communications. Agent Compean could not pursue because he was on the opposited side of a canal when he spotted the van headed into Fabens. When the van got into town, it was spotted by an agent by the name of Oscar Juarez.

Oscar Juarez was one of the agents given immunity from prosecution because he admitted lying three times on three prior statements during questioning. Agent Ramos was eating lunch at the Border Patrol Station, one mile west of Fabens, when he heard the alert by Compean. He ran out, jumped into his patrol vehicle and drove into town to try to intercept the smuggler. By the time he got there, the van had already been spotted by agent Juarez who was in pursuit. The smuggler had turned around and was headed back to the river. Agent Ramos was now waiting on the farm road that leads back to Mexico.

There is hardly any traffic on this farm road. He joined the pursuit when the smuggler went by and actually got between the smuggler and agent Juarez’s unit. The smuggler had every opportunity to surrender but had no intentions of doing so. He was facing many years in prison. Agent Compean had stayed back by the river knowing that the smuggler would surely be coming back. He was waiting on the south edge of a canal where the road comes to a dead end. The smuggler was chased for over three miles of paved road and one mile of dirt road before he jumped out of the moving van and tried to ditch it into the canal. Only the front tires of the van made it into the edge of the canal. The time was a little after one in the afternoon. Visibility was good except for the last mile, The dust created by the vehicles made visibility very poor and Juarez would testify that he had to keep about a ten car distance between his unit and that of Ramos.

The smuggler went into the canal which is approximately 15 feet deep and thirty feet wide. The canal was about three feet deep in water and mud. Agent Compean was waiting on the opposite side or south side of the canal. He was holding his shotgun, pointed up in the air and yelling at the smuggler to stop. By now the agents knew, instinctively, that they were in a very dangerous situation. Ramos had parked about thirty feet behind the smugglers van and was now chasing the smuggler on foot. The smuggler ran straight at Compean who tried to grab him by the shoulder, but lost his footing and fell to the ground. By this time, agent Ramos had gone down into the canal to try to cross and assist Compean. The canal’s walls are very steep and hard to climb. The smuggler ran around Compean and started running up the slope and onto the elevated levee road where Compean had parked his border patrol unit. The prosecution would claim that the smuggler was trying to surrender. Compean got up instantly and took off after the smuggler. He caught up with him and managed to bring him down on the opposite side of the elevated levee road where Compean again tried to apprehend the smuggler.

The smuggler managed to get loose and again started running towards Mexico, after throwing and kicking dirt all over Compean. It is then that the smuggler pulls out a shiny object and points it at Compean in a shooting manner. Compean had received cuts to his face and on one hand. Compean was still lying on the ground when he finally pulled out his Baretta and fired at the smuggler in self defense. The smuggler said in his first statement that Compean fired five or six shots. The lying prosecutors would up that number to sixteen shots. None of Compean’s shots hit the smuggler. Agent Ramos was climbing out of the canal when he heard the shots. He could not see and could not tell who was firing shots. All he knew was that he had to go to the aid of his fellow agent and ran to the levee to assist. Compean was still on the ground when Ramos got to him. Ramos could not tell if Compean had been shot. The smuggler was running towards the river and Ramos took off after him.

This Is when the smuggler turned and pointed at Ramos with the same shiny object which Ramos took for a gun. Ramos testified that he took one shot and that the smuggler turned and kept running. The smuggler then disappeared into the thick, tall brush along the river. Ramos said that he stopped and and kept watching for the smuggler to come out of the brush. Ramos started walking back to check on Compean who was now walking towards Ramos. Ramos testified that he patted down Compean and asked him if he was OK.

At this point two other agents arrived on the levee road and got off their border patrol unit to assist. All four agents saw the smuggler walk out of the brush, cross the dry river bed and get into a getaway vehicle with two other suspects. They sped off into Mexico. The agents then walked back to the edge of the canal where Supevisor Jonathan Richards and three other agents were searching the van. Three agents, including Compean testified that they told Richards that Compean had been assaulted. Assault on a federal agent carries a mandatory five year prison sentence. Richards failed to call the F.B.I. to come and investigate.

During my investigation, I clocked agent Ramos twice to see how long it took him to get from his vehicle to Compean on the opposite side of the levee. The water level in the canal was the same as the day of this incident. The first run took him forty five seconds and the second one took thirty nine seconds. The agents had to make split second decisions that day. They knew that they were dealing with a dangerous drug smuggler and not with the everyday illegal immigrant. At sentencing in October, Debra Kanof, the prosecutor told the judge that all Mr. Davila wanted to do was go back home to Mexico. “Why didn’t they let him go?â€
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

Wow there are many details in this report that I hadn't heard before. It doesn't surprise me though. The supervisor should have been fired for denying Compean had been assaulted.
    This is just outrageous! If we needed any "rock hard" evidence that our justice system panders to illegal scum bags and the mexican government, the Ramos and Compean case is it.

Furthermore, Mr. Richards, if you are reading this, you should be ashamed of yourself because by covering your own worthless butt, you sent two innocent agents to prison! I hope you lay awake at night and don't sleep, and I hope you will rot in hell.

This story further enrages me everytime I read this.
    My heart goes out to both families for having to deal with this huge injustice.

It's a very sad day when prosecuters are more interested in furthering their own political agenda instead of upholding the law. It's a very sad day when dirt bag attorneys such as sutton and kanof believe the stories of the mexican government and an ALREADY ONCE convicted drug smuggler as well.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

I pasted this letter into an email and sent it to everyone in my address book..........ALONG WITH THE REQUEST THEY PASS IT ON. It's a letter that every American shoould read.

PLEASE DO THE SAME

In a few weeks it could hit millions!