Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Border Patrol Auxiliary launches Nationwide Membership Drive

January 17, 2008

Because Homeland Security Begins @Home

Border Patrol Auxiliary Launches Nationwide Membership Drive

San Diego, CA-The Border Patrol Auxiliary (BPAUX) announced today a membership drive to encourage US Citizens or Naturalized Americans to participate in the private sector effort to secure America. The Border Patrol Auxiliary is a private non- profit 501C-3 Association affiliated with the Homeland Security Policy Institute Group. BPAUX is not a government agency but an organization dedicated to Homeland Security and in involving Americans in the security of their own country.

Bringing the private citizen into the effort is an ongoing policy of the Department of Homeland Security and DHS supports citizens and citizen watch groups by offering training. BPAUX will provide that training and a coordinated link between the citizen and DHS. Additionally BPAUX will provide training and support for local Disaster Preparedness Programs.

"We wanted to find a way that Citizen Watch Groups could become properly trained in border watch activities and more actively involved in the entire homeland security process. The DHS Certified Training for Citizen Watch Groups is the answer and BPAUX will be offering it nationwide" noted Ken Dreger BPAUX Leader. "In addition, our leadership has more than 125,000 hours of border watch experience and have developed a solid working relationship with BP and DHS. Some members are former Border Patrol Agents themselves." he added.

Members can participate in a wide variety of activities and living on or near the US Borders is not a requirement. BPAUX has a Nationwide BPAUX CYBERWATCH program where members can surf the web looking for threats to the country and forward that information to a central threat center for dissemination to DHS. Cyber Watchers can also monitor Border Cams and report incursions to the threat center as well.

A Marine Division is in the works whereby members can watch waterways in border areas for unusual activity and report that activity to Border Patrol. Many areas like San Diego, Texas and Florida as well as northern Border States report daily incursions. Members will be required to complete Coast Guard Boater Safety Training as well as specialized BPAUX training.

A Light Air Wing for Ultra-Lite enthusiasts, Disaster Preparedness and Civil Defense Training as well as boots on the ground border watch efforts round out the BPAUX activities.

"There are more than 300 citizen border watch groups in this country today. Our goal is to provide proper training and a coordinated effort to maximize their effectiveness. This is a non-political, synergistic approach to border security. We applaud those citizen watch groups who have taken the bold step to bring about significant change. This is not about competing but more about bringing a collective national voice to their efforts." reported Carl Braun, BPAUX Leader. "This is a great way to work with BP and DHS in a semi-official capacity." he added.

Prospective members must successfully complete a felony background check provided by BPAUX and be interviewed to ensure no racist, bigoted, nativist or xenophobic tendencies or beliefs are exhibited. Citizens with no other border watch experience or affiliation may join as well as individuals involved in current border watch efforts provided they comply with BPAUX rules and guidelines.

BPAUX is non-political and is focused exclusively on Homeland Security. It has no direct affiliations with any other organization except the Homeland Security Policy Institute Group.

Citizens interested in membership should visit http://www.BPAUX.org for more information.

Membership benefits include:

Monthly Newsletter

Daily Copy of The Open Source Infrastructure Report (threat report) The same report that goes to the White House Staff as well as many local, state, & federal agencies across America,

A $15 BPAUX Pro Shop Voucher

Ability to participate in all BPAUX activities.

Membership
    membership@BPAUX.org

About Homeland Security Policy Institute Group
    In response to national security directives, the non- profit Homeland Security Policy Institute Group works to improve opportunities and methods for cooperative action between the private and public sectors in Homeland Security applications. As differentiated from National Security, the paradigm of Homeland Security cannot be accomplished by the federal government alone. In the United States, more than 80% of the critical infrastructure is in the private sector. Critical infrastructure provides the foundation for our national security, governance, and economic vitality, and way of life.

Our protection from and response to terrorism requires coordination between public sector agencies and private sector businesses. While the need for coordination between the public and private sectors is powerfully stated in national strategy documents, few private sector collaborative activities have occurred. The private sector has not organized within itself nor coordinated with the public sector. HSPIG has recognized that the lack of private sector organization, preparation, and training has limited this essential private-public partnering necessary to counter and respond to terrorism.

As a privately funded non-profit organization, HSPIG retains a Private sector orientation including rapid response to change and sensitivity to resource and cost concerns.
    Visit http://www.HSPIG.org for more information.

Visit Our Website For More Information And An Online Application Form
    BPAUX and HSPIG are private non-profit 501C-3 Tax Deductible Organizations. Donations are gratefully accepted. www.BPAUX.org

Sincerely,

BPAUX.ORG
    Border Patrol Auxiliary

email: info@bpaux.org
    phone: 877-792-5082 x 707
    web: http://www.BPAUX.org

Border Patrol Auxiliary | 11956 Bernardo Plaza Drive | SAn Diego | CA | 92128
    Ken Dreger

While it isn't a panacea for all the border security and personnel problems, I do like this idea and I believe it has the potential to do a lot of good.

I'll watch with a fair degree of caution, but let's keep an eye on this and help monitor and nudge it's progress in the right direction.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We could use some similar organizations for other criminal activity in this country. There is a lot of it. I have just uncovered two separate automatic billing scams from my bank acct. One of them originated in Florida, a spammers paradise if there ever was one. It makes me nervous that even this BP Auxiliary might not be authentic? Especially after the trouble with Minuteman.

It's very important to get the upper hand on crime and corruption in this country. Investors have been fleeing US markets as they perceive that this country is allowing too much crime to flourish. I'm afraid we have a very long ways to go to get back on track because Americans have become so cynical regarding fraud--- their own and that of others.

I'd like to get a badge, though, and other gear in time for Cinco de Mayo! :P
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Captainron
    We could use some similar organizations for other criminal activity in this country. There is a lot of it. I have just uncovered two separate automatic billing scams from my bank acct. One of them originated in Florida, a scammers paradise if there ever was one. It makes me nervous that even this BP Auxilliary might not be authentic? Especially after the trouble with Minuteman.

I'd like to get a badge, though, and other gear in time for Cinco de Mayo! :P
    We are a private sector group, and are just as authentic as the red-cross or Boy Scouts.

As for criminal activitiy monitoring, this could be part of our Cyber Watch group area, take a look at what is offered and make up your own mind. We don't carry the baggage of the Minuteman, and patriot type groups, even if some of the members are minutemen, they also can belong to the Red Cross, Elks, Boy Scouts.....

And actually BP is very excited to have this happen, and we are setting up meetings with them to work on various projects.

If you have questions go to the web site and take a look www.bpaux.org

Ken
    Ken Dreger

Banned
    I know Ken very well and I can tell you his credibility is
    100%

I've met Ken and seen his operation on the border and was very impressed.