Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bush Is About To Attack Iran-Why Can't Americans See it?

http://www.vdare.com/

January 26, 2007

Bush Is About To Attack Iran—Why Can’t Americans See it?
    By Paul Craig Roberts

The American public and the US Congress are getting their backs up about the Bush Regime’s determination to escalate the war in Iraq. A massive protest demonstration is occurring in Washington DC today, and Congress is expressing its disagreement with Bush’s decision to intensify the war in Iraq.

This is all to the good. However, it misses the real issue—the Bush Regime’s looming attack on Iran.

Rather than winding down one war, Bush is starting another. The entire world knows this and is discussing Bush’s planned attack on Iran in many forums. It is only Americans who haven’t caught on. A few senators have said that Bush must not attack Iran without the approval of Congress, and postings on the Internet demonstrate world wide awareness that Iran is in the Bush Regime’s cross hairs. But Congress and the Media—and the demonstration in Washington—are focused on Iraq.

What can be done to bring American awareness up to the standard of the rest of the world?

In Davos, Switzerland, the meeting of the World Economic Forum, a conference where economic globalism issues are discussed, opened January 24 with a discussion of Bush’s planned attack on Iran. The Secretary General of the League of Arab States and bankers and businessmen from such US allies as Bahrain and the United Arab Emirates all warned of the coming attack and its catastrophic consequences for the Middle East and the world.

Writing for Global Research (January 24), General Leonid Ivashov, vice president of the Academy on Geopolitical Affairs and former Joint Chief of Staff of the Russian Armies, forecast an American nuclear attack on Iran by the end of April. General Ivashov presented the neoconservative reasoning that is the basis for the attack and concluded that the world’s protests cannot stop the US attack on Iran.

There will be shock and indignation, General Ivashov concludes, but the US will get away with it. He writes:

“Within weeks from now, we will see the informational warfare machine start working. The public opinion is already under pressure. There will be a growing anti-Iranian militaristic hysteria, new information leaks, disinformation, etc. . . . The probability of a US aggression against Iran is extremely high. It does remain unclear, though, whether the US Congress is going to authorize the war. It may take a provocation to eliminate this obstacle (an attack on Israel or the US targets including military bases). The scale of the provocation may be comparable to the 9-11 attack in NY. Then the Congress will certainly say ‘Yes’ to the US President.”

The Bush Regime has made it clear that it is convinced that Bush already has the authority to attack Iran. The Regime argues that the authority is part of Bush’s commander-in-chief powers. Congress has authorized the war in Iraq, and Bush’s recent public statements have shifted the responsibility for the Iraqi insurgency from al-Qaeda to Iran. Iran, Bush has declared, is killing US troops in Iraq. Thus, Iran is covered under the authorization for the war in Iraq.

Both Bush and Cheney have made it clear in public statements that they will ignore any congressional opposition to their war plans. For example, CBS News reported (Jan. 25) that Cheney said that a congressional resolution against escalating the war in Iraq “won’t stop us”. According to the Associated Press and Yahoo News, Bush dismissed congressional disapproval with his statement, “I’m the decision-maker.”

Everything is in place for an attack on Iran. Two aircraft carrier attack forces are deployed to the Persian Gulf, US attack aircraft have been moved to Turkey and other countries on Iran’s borders, Patriot anti-missile defense systems are being moved to the Middle East to protect oil facilities and US bases from retaliation from Iranian missiles, and growing reams of disinformation alleging Iran’s responsibility for the insurgency in Iraq are being fed to the gullible US Media.

General Ivashov and everyone in the Middle East and at the Davos globalization conference in Europe understands the Bush Regime’s agenda.

Why cannot Americans understand?

Why hasn’t Congress told Bush and Cheney that they will both be instantly impeached if they initiate a wider war?

COPYRIGHT CREATORS SYNDICATE, INC.

Paul Craig Roberts [email him] was Assistant Secretary of the Treasury in the Reagan Administration. He is the author of Supply-Side Revolution : An Insider's Account of Policymaking in Washington; Alienation and the Soviet Economy and Meltdown: Inside the Soviet Economy, and is the co-author with Lawrence M. Stratton of The Tyranny of Good Intentions : How Prosecutors and Bureaucrats Are Trampling the Constitution in the Name of Justice. Click here for Peter Brimelow’s Forbes Magazine interview with Roberts about the recent epidemic of prosecutorial misconduct.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I just said this very thing to my husband yesterday. It has the same markings as last time. Claiming they have concret proof of chemicsls hidden under ground.

Just like they claimed they had proof of Saddam's WMD.

It's the same thing all over again

Bush is such a coniving idiot! He really gets off about being "president". I wonder if he realizes what a lousey job he is doing. Here is a disturbing article:

http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/20070 ... 45214.html
    UPDATED: 10:22, January 27, 2007

U.S. troops authorized to kill Iranian operatives in Iraq: report

The Bush administration has authorized the U.S. military to kill or capture Iranian operatives in Iraq as part of an aggressive new strategy to weaken Tehran's influence across the Middle East and compel it to give up its nuclear program, The Washington Post reported Friday.

The new "kill or capture" program was authorized by President George W. Bush in a meeting with his most senior advisers last fall, along with other measures meant to curtail Iranian influence from Kabul to Beirut and, ultimately, to shake Iran's commitment to its nuclear efforts, the report said.

In Iraq, U.S. troops now have the authority to target any member of Iran's Revolutionary Guard, as well as officers of its intelligence services believed to be working with Iraqi militias. The policy does not extend to Iranian civilians or diplomats.

Though U.S. forces are not known to have used lethal force against any Iranian to date, Bush administration officials have been urging top military commanders to exercise the authority, the report said.

The wide-ranging plan has several influential skeptics in the intelligence community, at the State Department and at the Defense Department. They warned that it could push the growing conflict between Tehran and Washington into the center of a chaotic Iraq war.

For more than one year, U.S. forces in Iraq have secretly detained dozens of suspected Iranian agents, holding them for three to four days at a time, the newspaper quoted government and counter-terrorism officials with direct knowledge of the effort as saying.

The "catch and release" policy was designed to avoid escalating tensions with Iran and yet intimidate its emissaries.

U.S. forces collected DNA samples from some of the Iranians without their knowledge, subjected others to retina scans, and fingerprinted and photographed all of them before letting them go, the report said.

Last summer, senior U.S. officials decided that a more confrontational approach was necessary, as Iran's regional influence had grown and U.S. efforts to isolate Tehran appeared to be failing, according to The Washington Post.

Three officials were quoted as saying that about 150 Iranian intelligence officers, plus members of Iran's Revolutionary Guard Command, were believed to be active inside Iraq at any given time.

However, there is no evidence that the Iranians have directly attacked U.S. troops in Iraq, intelligence officials said.

Source: Xinhua

IRAN

We will wait and see what Bush will do. He will have to get some approval from Congress for funds. The auditors are all over the resources now so I cannot see how he could do to much without approval.

This news article is trying to make Iran out as a victim. Ahmadinejad has made it quite clear what he wants to do to America and Israel. If we took out Ahmadinejad and his band of flunkies, so be it.

Of course we're going to war against Iran. Actually, if Ahmadinenutjob would back off of his nuclear pipe dreams and get his scumbag troops out of Iraq, perhaps we wouldn't be having this discussion.

This man, and many of his followers, are pure evil. If given the chance, and that chance is gaining strength, he's going to hit us, or nuke Israel or someone else. I, for one, don't really want to give this nut a chance.

As I've said, I support the troops. I support the president in sending in the re-enforcements. His domestic policy is crap; the war has not been run well, but I am willing to give the new leadership ONE last shot. At least Bush has the manliness to stand up to evil like the Taliban, Saddam, al Qaeda, and so forth. If the rest of the world would acknowledge the threat of Iran, etc., we wouldn't have to do so much. The War on Terror isn't easy, but someone's got to fight it. If we don't bring it to them, they FOR SURE will bring it to us.
    THE POOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT IN MY AVATAR CROSSED OVER THE WRONG BORDER FENCE!!!

One can find a lot of info on
    www.debka.com

They seem to get the info first.

I don't think we can fight those insurgents by following "regular" war rules...I'm for sending in assassins.
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

I agree. Our rules of engagement hinder us a great deal. We know it, and sadly, our enemy knows it, too.
    THE POOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT IN MY AVATAR CROSSED OVER THE WRONG BORDER FENCE!!!

Iran

Iran away from common decency
    Iran away from sanity
    Iran toward my annihilation
    Iran toward my vanity

Iran away from the good life
    And chose cheap power instead
    Iran toward pychotic despotism
    And away from using the brain in my head

Iran away from civilized progress
    From education and learning new ways
    Iran toward the darkness of demons
    Toward the crushing of hope for

A brand new day

Iran from leading my people
    Into the new millinium of light
    Iran away from the truth
    Covered my ears and shut my eyes

Real tight

Iran toward the sword
    The justice of cold steel rain
    Iran away from goodness and mercy
    To worship death and pain

Neils
    9:16 pm
    05/17/2006
    transcribed this time
    7:41 pm
    01/27/2007
    Written
    with Mahmud AHMADI-NEJAD,
    Ansar-e Hizballah, and more than a
    few of the mad mad mullahs in mind
    No nukes for you
    No wiping anybody off the map
    No 40,000 suicide bomber threats
    No more soft responses to your crap

Turn toward civilization
    Turn away from lies
    Turn around and live

Turn around or die

N.....again

I don't think we will rush into anything here. We already have our hands full. It will be a last resort if sanctions don't work.

April
    Firecracker wrote:

Bush is such a coniving idiot! He really gets off about being "president". I wonder if he realizes what a lousey job he is doing.
    I don't think he cares. I think he gets off on being the decision maker and to h____ with the rest of us. He has proven that over and over again. He is not going to change his "who cares" approach to important issues until he is forced to change it.