Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Campo Minuteman Stands Up to 5 Illegals - and they Back Down

http://www.campominutemen.com/reports/reports.aspx

Campo update- Easter weekend Viking Report

Campo update 4/06/07 to 04/09/07 Easter Weekend

I arrived at the Oaks at Campo around 7:30 Friday evening. The weather was getting foggy and damp and the soup was flowing all along the border road. NVG was pretty useless that night so the normal sit with the window down and ears open was the plan. Even a spotlight would beam right back at me. There were signs in the morning of a couple of crossings near 141 but we weren't able to see the evidence until the AM. One of my main missions down that weekend was to help Max get reprovisioned and run a couple of errands in the early afternoon.

Saturday night was spent partially mobile and then stationery near La Gloria and various other locations. Due to the fact that it was Easter weekend we figured crossings would be at a minimum. Easter Sunday morning I was down at the Oaks getting things policed up a bit for a trip by Camp Vigilance and a visit with MCDC on my way home. Max was still sacked out due to night ops Saturday night and Ridgerunner had just pulled in to the Oaks. Right before 8am I wanted to head back east to set up with a westward view of the fence near 143. As I approached the end of the fence near Ridgerunners camp I noticed what looked like a person hanging off the end of the fence directly across the BP sunshade. I radioed Ridgerunner back at camp if he knew of anybody that was supposed to be there and he answered negative.

I accelerated up to the end and pulled over under the sunshade at 141 and was face to face with a Coyote standing on the boulder at the end of the fence. Then another guy slipped up next to him and he had one of those SWAT type balaclava head masks on. I started telling them in Spanish to go back south. Three more guys then came out from behind the fence and lined up across from me. They started throwing insults and yelling back at me. I stood my ground. They were right on the end of the fence but about to illegally enter into the U.S.

I radioed for backup from anyone including the BP. The only one available was Ridgerunner but by that time he was clear down near Forest Gate Rd barely able to pick up my message. BP was no where to be seen and it was just me and them for what seemed like an hour but actually only a couple of minutes. I made it clear I wasn't moving and I was getting a little pissed off at the name calling and intimidation.

Finally after a little Teddy Roosevelt type persuasion, they filed back behind the fence and started walking back south on the road behind. As that was happening Ridgerunner roared up in his truck and we monitored their walk back. 4 or 5 less at the local DLS here next week.

I met some nice people at the MCDC camp and was impressed by the number of volunteers that were there and the equipment that they had at their disposal. I hope to meet up with them again but Campo is where my main focus is. Our methods are a little more "flexible" when needed. It would be nice to have some of their resources available in our area at Campo.

"Victory or Valhalla"

Viking

MW
    Nice to see our BP agents are accessible and eager to respond when needed.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Good going guys, be careful out there and play it safe.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks Campo Minutemen!! Great job!

JAK
    Thanks Campo Minutemen for all that you do for the sake of our country!!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

praise Campo!
    http://www.cashcrate.com/index.php?ref=214388
    - Make hundreds of dollars from home

response

Thanks Viking, that was a great story, anytime you are in the area please drop on by camp vigilance, remember dinner Friday & Saturday nights !!

Ken

:P
    Ken Dreger