Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW

Conn. Gov. veto in-state tuition for illegals

Received this in an email this morning:

"America First 2008 Update

Jodi Rell, governor of the state of Connecticut, did the right thing and vetoed legislation giving illegal aliens in-state tuition rates. She said in a chamber of commerce meeting that she was receiving heat for vetoing the bill. But from a meeting I attended tonight in East Haven, I believe that the average citizen is grateful for someone finally taking a stand.

In the NY Times article, the Governor says, ""The fact remains, however, that these students and their parents are here illegally, and neither sympathy nor good intentions can ameliorate that fact." Well said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/27/nyregion/27veto.html

You might give her office a call or send an email and thank her. Politicians get a lot of heat from every side of an issue, so when they do something right, a little support can only help us. (If you are from CA, AZ or other than CT, you might mention that you heard about this, and even though you are from out of state, you applaud her effort.)

Governor M. Jodi Rell

860-566-4840 or 800-406-1527

governor.rell@po.state.ct.us

Paul Streitz
    CT Citizens for Immigration Control
    ctcic@optonline.net
    www.ctcic.net
    www.cafepress.com/ctcic

Paid for by America First 2008"

How in the world are these bills getting through state legislative bodies?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

In the NY Times article, the Governor says, ""The fact remains, however, that these students and their parents are here illegally, and neither sympathy nor good intentions can ameliorate that fact." Well said.

WELL SAID INDEED!!! COMMON SENSE REINS THE DAY! YOU CAN'T MAKE A RIGHT OUT OF A WRONG!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Done, see letter:

Dear Governor Rell:

I applaud you for vetoing legislation giving illegal aliens in-state tuition rates. I find the thought of that appalling. As a former resident of West Hartford, CT I find deeply disturbing that both the Senate and the House in Connecticut passed such misguided legislation in the first place. I’m sure you are taking heat from the open borders lobby and pro-illegal alien ethnocentric groups. Thank you for standing up for common sense and taking a step toward reducing magnets that attract illegal aliens to our country.

Now, is there anything you can do regarding the mayor of New Haven’s proclamation of sanctuary city status?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

A governor who understands the laws.

Fabulous !!!! The time is now with our influence being spread all over the nation, to get some major changes made to stop this invasion.

yay
    "Democrats Fall in Love, Republicans Fall in Line!"

Ex-El Presidente' www.jorgeboosh.com

MW
    I agree folks, it's great that the Gov. did a veto job on this legislative attempt at amnesty. However, it really worries me that such a bill made it to the governor.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn