Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

DEMANDING to have Ramos and Compean

CA Congressmen Duncan Hunter and Dana Rohrabacher have contacted Bureau of Prison officials, DEMANDING to have Ramos and Compean transferred to a minimum security facility.

Here is the Lou Dobbs clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnRCSUfxF2o

Cornyn’s e-mail response to the SREC Resolution:

Dear Mr. (Switch):

Thank you for contacting me to express your concerns regarding the incident on the Mexico-Texas border in El Paso involving Border Patrol Agents Ignacio Ramos and Jose Compean. I appreciate having the benefit of your comments on this matter.

As you may know, Agents Ramos and Compean were sentenced in October 2006 to 11 and 12 years in prison, respectively, for shooting an illegal alien drug smuggler who had driven a van containing 743 pounds of marijuana in Texas. After close consideration, I believe there were significant and unexplained irregularities with the prosecution of this case. Because of these irregularities, I requested that the Senate Judiciary Committee hold an oversight hearing to investigate the prosecution of Agents Ramos and Compean.

On July 17, 2007, the Senate Judiciary Committee held a hearing and listened to the statements of a number of witnesses, including U.S. Attorney Johnny Sutton, whose office prosecuted the case. Among other details, the hearing revealed that the drug smuggler, who had been given immunity, had violated the terms of his immunity agreement and committed perjury with impunity. The prison term handed down to these agents was excessive. It is illogical that we would punish border agents for attempting to carry out their responsibilities while requesting that they do more to secure our border. To this end, Senator Dianne Feinstein and I sent a letter to President George W. Bush requesting the immediate commutation of the sentence given to Agents Ramos and Compean.

It is my sincere hope that these two agents will have their sentences commuted, and I will continue to make this known to the Bush Administration. I appreciate having the opportunity to represent you in the United States Senate. Thank you for taking the time to contact me.

Sincerely,

JOHN CORNYN
    United States Senator

517 Hart Senate Office Building
    Washington, DC 20510
    Tel: (202) 224-2934
    Fax: (202) 228-2856
    http://www.cornyn.senate.gov

They should be released immediately.

This is a disgrace!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)