Thread: English First

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

English First

For the past several months, you and I have been working hard to make English the official language of the United States.
    Recieved this in an e-mail and wanted to share.

"One of the stumbling blocks in the way is E.O.13166, a Presidential Recieved this in my e-mail from English First.

"Executive Order, signed by former President Bill Clinton, making the United States officially multilingual by requiring the government and all businesses that do business with the government, and anybody receiving any form of federal benefit, to provide all of their services in the language of choice of any recipient!

Although President Bush didn’t agree with this Executive Order, he chose not to repeal it and during his administration E.O.13166 grew slowly, aided and strengthened by the U.S. Office of Civil Rights.

Lacking the support of the Bush Administration, E.O.13166 was enforced only when challenged by radical pro-Hispanic organizations seeking to further weaken America’s one-language policies.

But, today, E.O.13166 remains the law of the land and, at any moment, could be fully implemented, causing a catastrophe of massive proportions.

What most people fail to grasp is how wide a net this dangerous and ill-conceived Presidential Order actually covers. In the opinion of many experts, the official multilingual requirements of E.O.13166 extends, not just to all levels of government, federal, state and local, but also to all schools, hospitals, and, very possibly, even your neighborhood doctor, your church and all nonprofit organizations like English First!

Try to imagine the cost of such a program. Try to imagine how a small church or a country doctor would be able to provide bilingual services, in every language under the sun! It could easily be the last straw that bankrupts our nation, once and for all.

And that’s just the economic cost! It would also destroy the last chance this nation has of reuniting all citizens behind our one common language, English. And that’s why I need your help, today – this very minute – to convince the new Congress that E.O.13166 needs to be repealed now, before more billions of dollars are squandered; before more children are cheated out of a decent education; and before more people die because of improperly translated medical information.

Right now, under the Obama Administration, E.O.13166 is the law of the land and, unlike President Bush, President Obama has no reason not to tell the appropriate agencies to begin full implementation immediately. And since governments already have a built-in natural tendency to expand themselves, I ask you … who’s going to stop this from happening?

So who will stop this nightmare from happening? It’s up to you and me … and Congressman Peter King (R-NY). Rep. King has been a good friend of English First over the years and we have worked closely with him on language issues.

Rep. King has introduced H.R.1307, a bill that will nullify, once and for all, E.O.13166. His bill states explicitly “that Executive Order 13166 shall have no force or effect.â€

working4change

I hope people take action on this.

The only way this will go away is if everyone who speaks another language demands services in their native language. It would be so overwhelming, they'd have to repeal this farce!

Can you imagine government having to providing services in over 300 languages? Anything less would be discriminatory against non-english and non-spanish speakers. It should be English ONLY!

Come one, come all..demand services in German, Portugese, french, italian, albanian, romanian, urdu, korean, vietnamese, chinese, arabic, swahili, and so on and so on. Then and only then will they admit the prohibitive costs.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "