Recieved this in my e-mail.

"If the debt crisis produced anything other than a growing contempt and distrust for our elected officials, it was a sudden awareness that our leaders haven’t the foggiest notion of the depth of the problems facing our nation or any idea how to solve them.

And they’re not that hard to identify. You can probably name a dozen without thinking too hard about it. At the top of my list, of course, are those billions of dollars that are poured annually into bilingual and multicultural programs.

I say billions, but, truthfully, I can’t give you an accurate assessment of what the true cost is for the hundreds of different programs that fall under the bilingual umbrella, because the information is simply not available!

Fortunately, there are those on Capitol Hill who are pushing to find out exactly what these wasteful programs cost so that they can be cut out of the budget. One of these bills is H.R.1715, the Multilingual Services Accounting Act, introduced by Rep. Virginia Foxx (R-NC).

This bill requires, not just the Department of Education, but every single government agency to create a new section within their annual performance and accountability report that details any cost associated with providing multilingual services, such as verbal, written, or other services in languages other than English.

By forcing every agency to produce a strict accounting of every dime spent on bilingual programs, this bill will give us the true number of what this horrible and wasteful bilingual boondoggle is costing every taxpayer!

H.R. 1715 carefully defines all the costs that must be reported by every agency, such as fees paid for translators for non-English speakers; the costs for private contractors’ employees to learn languages other than English; or, the costs of preparing, translating, printing, or recording of documents, records, Web sites, brochures, pamphlets, flyers, or other materials in a language other than English.

H.R.1715 is self-executing. Upon passage of this bill, the Director of the Office of Management and Budget has exactly six months to inform every government agency’s Chief Financial Officer to provide all of the multilingual services accounting information required under section 902(a)(6)(E) of H.R.1715.

This is a bill that deserves your support. That is why I am asking you to send an email to your Representative asking him or her to support H.R. 1715 and to become a co-sponsor of this important bill.

Click here to send a prewritten email to your Representative.

http://english-first.rallycongress.com/4922/hr1715/?

I hope I can count on you to help us pass this very important bill that begins the process of turning this nation around. Thank you for your continued support.

Sincerely,
Frank McGlynn

Executive Director

English First
8001 Forbes Place
Springfield, VA 22151
United States