Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

FAIR Tell Congress This is Not What America Wants

Date: 2006/05/30 Tue PM 06:00:27 EDT
    Subject: Senate Passes Amnesty - Tell Congress This is Not What America Wants

Senate Passes Massive Guest Worker Amnesty-Tell Your Elected Officials This Is NOT What America Wants!
    The U.S. Senate passed a massive guest worker amnesty bill on Thursday, May 25, 2006 by a 62-36 vote. Some of you have called and emailed your disappointment. Remember, though, all is not lost. The House does not see amnesty in the same favorable light as the Kennedy/Specter/McCain controlled Senate so there is still time to make a difference.

The U.S. Congress is on a Memorial Day district work period this week (May 30-June 2)-which means most members are back in their respective states. Now is the ideal time to have your voice heard and make it count.

Will the House of Representatives Represent the American People?
    Not only do we believe it is extremely important for you to call and visit your Senators' offices to let them know you are aware of their vote, but we must also keep the pressure on the U.S. House. The House is big battleground and the White House is already digging entrenchments.

As Senator John Cornyn (R-TX) recently admitted, "Ultimately we all understand where this bill's going to be written. It's going to be written in the conference committee between the House and the Senate. . . " The truth is the massive guest worker amnesty could get better in conference, but because the conference between the two chambers will take place behind closed doors, it is more likely that the massive guest worker amnesty will get worse. Is it possible? Sadly, yes.

FAIR is asking you to call and visit your Representative's district offices to demand that the House does not appoint any conferees for the conference committee with the Senate.

Simply tell your Congressman:
    "I am a voter in the Congressman's district and I am calling today to ask Congressman XX to demand that House Leadership REFUSE to appoint conferees to negotiate with the U.S. Senate on their massive guest worker amnesty. The American public is overwhelmingly opposed to that legislation. As elected officials who represent the people, please tell your leadership that no more time should be wasted on the guest worker amnesty bill S. 2611."

This statement will send a loud and clear message to Congress that the House should do the work of the American people. The American people want border security, but not at the price of giving amnesty to millions of illegal aliens. We can get our borders secure without a guest worker amnesty. Do not let anyone tell you differently. And, in case a staff person asks you, a "pathway to citizenship" for those who are here illegally is amnesty-regardless of what people call it, it's an amnesty.

Let's not give the Representatives a chance to be coerced or misled by the White House on this massive amnesty. Call your Representative and let them know you are watching. FAIR promises continued and renewed vigilance in letting you know more about this issue so vital to America's future. With informed FAIR members, we are betting the U.S. Congress will not ignore the public interest a second time.

Look up your local district office here.

Your Calls and Personal Visits are Making a Difference!
    President Bush insulted the American people by advocating policies that undermine of the American Dream. Why are we putting the "dreams" of illegal aliens before the dreams of the American people? President Bush calls amnesty a "rational middle ground." Does that imply that enforcing our laws and protecting our borders is not rational?

Whatever the reason that the President and some Senators want a massive guest worker amnesty, your hard work making phone calls and visits is turning the tide on this vital issue.

As reported in the Washington Post this weekend, Rep. Christopher Shays (R-CT), a moderate Republican who supported the Senate's amnesty proposal, is changing his tune. Strong protests from his constituents have prompted him to come out against amnesty. "It would be a huge mistake to give people a path to citizenship that came here illegally." The people of Connecticut went to work and made that happen. That is a fantastic job! You shook one of the strongest open-borders advocates and turned him around. What can you do in your district?

Read more on how your power and influence are being felt by Members of Congress. FAIR hopes this causes everyone to work even harder and know they are making a difference-a difference to help save America! Thank you to all our members-we can't fight the fight without you.
    Last edited by Jean; 11-27-2013 at 11:50 PM.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Already e-mailed mine AGAIN today.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    Already e-mailed mine AGAIN today.

Emailed my Congressman twice, and he mailed me two letters insisting he is against Amnesty in any form, and he supported the Sensenbrenner Bill.

Too bad both my Senators voted for Amnesty

Banned
    Too bad both my Senators voted for Amnesty
    At least you know who to vote AGAINST!