Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

GOP will paralyze Senate floor with reading of 1,924-page sp

I hope they continue this paralyzation, for months on end......this clearly shows the voters votes meant nothing to most of these goons that supposedly work for us...Now you want to talk about traitors, these people want to go down in flames. If this get in they all need to be drawn and quartered !!!!!

GOP will paralyze Senate floor with reading of 1,924-page spending bill
    By Alexander Bolton - 12/16/10 11:41 AM ET

Republicans will paralyze the Senate floor for 50 hours by forcing clerks to read every single paragraph of the 1,924-page, $1.1 trillion omnibus spending bill.

Senate clerks are expected to read the massive bill in rotating shifts around the clock — taking breaks to drink water and pop throat lozenges — to keep legislative business on track, according to a Democratic leadership aide.

The bill is so long that it took the Government Printing Office two days to print it.

The Senate is currently debating the New START nuclear arms reduction treaty. It is expected to take up the omnibus spending bill on a separate and parallel track later Thursday.

If Republicans follow through on their threat, legislative business couldn’t resume until late Saturday in order to give the staff enough time to read the bill aloud, according to a Democratic leadership estimate.

Sen. Jim DeMint (R-S.C.), the Senate Republican Steering Committee chairman, vowed not to back down.

“If they bring this up, they’re going to read it. It’ll take them a day or two to read it,â€

So far today they have been talking about the START Treaty with Russia
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

I called Sen. DeMint's office to thank him for doing this.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Slow them stampeding horses down ....
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by vmonkey56
    Slow them stampeding horses down ....
    That is what needs to happen as in the past they do not even read the Bills and passs them and then they find out it costs more then expected and it is a failed piece of legislation

LIKE NAFTA!
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

[quote]“If you have new senators coming in, you can hear the cries right now: ‘We haven’t had time to do this, we don’t know the treaty backwards and forwards, we have to take hearings, we have to have more briefings,’â€
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

[quote="Judy"][quote]“If you have new senators coming in, you can hear the cries right now: ‘We haven’t had time to do this, we don’t know the treaty backwards and forwards, we have to take hearings, we have to have more briefings,’â€

Just checking C-Span I don't see this reading happening. They are giving speeches. Do whatever it takes!!
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David

Quote Originally Posted by Captainron
    Just checking C-Span I don't see this reading happening. They are giving speeches. Do whatever it takes!!

It is on c-span 2

http://www.c-span.org/Live-Video/C-SPAN2/

Kathyet

I hope they make them read every word including the punctuation. Also an explanation of every referenced law or rule that is being changed by the bill.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast