Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Haitians Denied Temporary Immigration Protection

Haitians Denied Temporary Immigration Protection
    Tuesday, January 13, 2009, 9:55 AM

The Bush Administration has denied temporary protected status to Haitians already living in the United States illegally while the nation recovers from tropical storms. The request for temporary protected status came from Haitian President René Préval to allow tens of thousands of Haitians already in the United State illegally to stay until the island recovers.

U.S. Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff denied the request last month. In a letter to the Haitian president, Chertoff pointed to humanitarian aid provided by the U.S. Coast Guard and delayed deportations to help the nation recover.

In 1990, Congress approved temporary protected status for nations going through civil war or recovering from natural disasters. Haiti suffered four storms this past summer, killing hundreds and destroying an estimated 25 percent of their GDP.

In addition to citing the humanitarian aid given by the United States, Secretary Chertoff also made note of immigration-related steps that Haitian nationals can take to remain in the U.S. while Haiti recovers.

More information can be found on this story at the Boston Herald and the Miami Herald.

http://www.numbersusa.com/content/news/ ... ction.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Bush is a racist..I believe he has directed Chertoff. He denies Haiti, but gives a nod to Mexico by keeping the borders open. Granted, we don't need either here, but I am calling it how I see it..but not to mention the idea that Bush has catered to Mexico because Mexico has him over a barrel about something..and Bush is hiding it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    The Bush Administration has denied temporary protected status to Haitians already living in the United States illegally while the nation recovers from tropical storms. The request for temporary protected status came from Haitian President René Préval to allow tens of thousands of Haitians already in the United State illegally to stay until the island recovers.
    Good on President Bush!

Rockfish wrote:

Bush is a racist..I believe he has directed Chertoff. He denies Haiti, but gives a nod to Mexico by keeping the borders open.
    I suspect Bush has done more to secure our borders than any other president in our country's young history. We now have more fencing, more border patrol agents, more interior law enforcement teams dedicated to dealing with illegal immigration, and more border security technology than we've ever had. Furthermore, the budget to deal with the problem has increased over 66% during the Bush administration.

I realize most of what he has done is for the wrong reasons. He's doing it in order to ehance the possibility of a future comprehensive immigration reform (amnesty). However, the fact remains that he has done it. Has he done enough? HELL NO, but at least he has done something. Let's see how much Obama does. Honestly, I expect a reversal under Obama's leadership, especially with a Democrat controlled Congress to do his bidding.

I do consider Bush a bad president but I definitely don't consider him a racist.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

It's racist MW, for Bush to deny the Haitians and give a nod to the Mexicans by ignoring their illegal entrance. Plain and simple, you can spin it any way you like. Remember, it was Bush Sr. who twisted Ronnie's arm to get him to sign the '86 amnesty. Now you're trying to convince me that Bush Jr fought against amnesty? BTW, don't get the idea that I'm some kind of Obama fan.

MW
    Rockfish wrote:

It's racist MW, for Bush to deny the Haitians and give a nod to the Mexicans by ignoring their illegal entrance. Plain and simple, you can spin it any way you like.
    Who's doing the spinning? The Haitians have the same access through the border as those from other countries do. What Bush has done is refuse to legalize the status of illegal alien Haitians. You need to give credit where credit is due.

Now you're trying to convince me that Bush Jr fought against amnesty?
    Huh!?! You must really think I'm out of touch.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn