Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Health Care for Illegal Aliens Not An Option!

Jim here, speaking once again for Roy, Rosemary, Anne, and the rest of your NumbersUSA team.

This month, everyone who knows what-from-what has been obsessed with the health care debate, including me. Nothing cuts so close to the bone as medical care.

From what we can tell from news coverage, August's town hall meetings have been loud, long, and pretty painful for members of Congress. Americans definitely want to speak their mind on health care. But as important as many of the issues raised in the debate so far are, one of the biggest issues has been a little overlooked.

Are we as a country going to get stuck with the bill for subsidized medical care for millions of illegal aliens? I know, I know--it sounds impossible. But It sure could happen. And it looks like it might (see Roy's blog to see this for yourself).

Fortunately, some people have been paying attention to the big picture. Take Mike, who recently wrote to me:

I stumbled across NumbersUSA quite by accident and read some things there. I said to myself that this guy and this site are on the money! So I signed up! I have been faxing just about, well actually, all [the faxes] that have shown up on my action buffet. I'd make the calls too but do not have long distance on my phone so I can't. I have my signature added to my faxes too. Thanks for sending me the ability to have that done.
    I had a major stroke back in 2001 and now live on Social Security, I'm 54 now and I worked and paid in to SS ever since I was 15. So I feel giving this to illegal aliens who did nothing to deserve it but come to this country illegally, is terribly WRONG!

All this, Mike says, made him want to donate to NumbersUSA to help out a little bit. But he hesitated. After all, he is 100% dependent upon the government for his health care. What if someone targeted him somehow? Then he says he reasoned that he should donate:

. . . at least by GOD they'll know how I feel about this and other crap they're pulling!!! I pushed the red button and donated. It's only 5 bucks, wish it could have been more. Keep up the good work, Jim. I'm behind you 100% It's time our government learns Grassroots Americans are fed up!
    Mike G. of Texas

Thanks, Mike, for taking a chance. By the way, all our donors stay completely confidential at NumbersUSA. So there's no risk that way. But Mike thought there might be a risk, so it took guts.

(How did Mike get an email through to me? Easy! He wrote me at this email address: jimrobb@NumbersUSA.com. I want to make these letters a two-way conversation. So write me, everyone. I want to hear from you. And I do write back!)

Anyway, I didn't mean this letter to be primarily about money. I want it to be about action.

Thank you, everyone, for sending all your faxes on your Action Buffet. We do make faxing easy, and absolutely free, for you.

( NOTE: The ONLY way our side can even the odds is for members who have never given before to pitch in financially. Did you know that NumbersUSA is UNIQUELY dependent on first-time donations? So, even if it's only $5, please hit that red button and give a little today. )

But if you want to help a lot, LOT more, please make a phone call to your Congressman and two Senators. Many Congressmen love to hear from their constituents. Try it. You'll see. Others, the ones with guilty consciences, hate and fear your calls. So bug them. It's like most wild animals. They are more scared of their constituents than you are of them. You have the power to fire them at the ballot box.

Have you not made that first call yet? Go here on your Action Buffet for easy-to-follow instructions, phone numbers--everything you need. Do it now. You'll be so proud of yourself. (Then, especially if you're a first-time caller, write and tell me how it was.)

Now, I know that only a few of you have ever attended a Congressman's town hall meeting in person. I understand. It takes courage. But we are doing SO MUCH to make it easy for you to attend and be effective at these meetings.

Go to your Local Power page to see when your Congressman will hold his next town hall meeting. Lots of voters are attending those meetings to express opinions with the House of Representatives bill on healthcare. But not enough are bringing up subsidized federal healthcare for illegal aliens. Shouldn't that be discussed? See what's involved here.

Our computers indicate that more than 100,000 people read the letters that I send out two weeks or so. You know what's coming next! I have to ask for a donation from people who can afford it--but ONLY people can afford it!

Why do I have to ask? Because sending SEVEN MILLION FAXES each year to Congress and the president costs a fortune. Because NumbersUSA invented free faxing to Congress more than a decade ago. Because we need a world-class team of lobbyists to back up your faxes.

Mostly, I have to ask because we set up NumbersUSA 13 years ago not as a business to make money off of you. We set up NumbersUSA as a service, to provide a voice for you!

When I started giving out my email address earlier this summer, I began to realize how deeply many of you resented companies and causes that charged for faxing.

The reaction of Stacy is pretty typical:

As a consistent donor, user, and proud member I too wanted to thank you for making your system free to use. As a matter of fact it has been my experience that you can raise more money by not requiring money than if you required money to participate. Since Americans are taxed to death for representation that includes everyone but Americans it's nice to find the NumbersUSA oasis in the desert of pay to play. How refreshing it was for me to find NumbersUSA a couple of years ago and how easy it was for me to make contact with my representatives in Washington without doing anything more than visiting my cork board. Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!
    Stacy M. of California

Stacy, thank you for participating. Thank you, too, for helping us pay the costs of this service for the hundreds of thousands who can't afford to help or haven't yet realized that their help is needed.

And I want you to hear what Nick of Connecticut has to say on the same subject:

I was floored when I received a recent fax request from NumbersUSA that not only did not require a contribution, but offered a page of other issue-faxes that could be sent, among other free benefits. I not only wish to thank all of you at NumbersUSA for providing those of us less fortunate with a means to make our voices heard, but also to extend that thanks to those whose continued contributions make this effort possible.
    Nick A. of Connecticut

Nearly in every neighborhood. We are literally everywhere. This is why Congress pays close attention to NumbersUSA. Look at this chart of where our donors gave last month. You can also see that we've barely begun to move the needle in August.

OK, so here are my requests. 1) Send all your faxes. 2) Make a phone call to you Congressmen, especially this month! 3) Stretch yourself, and attend a town hall meeting.

Lastly, if you can afford it, and you haven't given too recently, and you appreciate the benefits of membership, please consider making a donation to NumbersUSA. Nobody in America uses your donations more carefully.
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

ELE

Will send them a contribution.

They are worthy of donations, Numbersusa is a wonderful organization.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"I had a major stroke back in 2001 and now live on Social Security, I'm 54 now and I worked and paid in to SS ever since I was 15. So I feel giving this to illegal aliens who did nothing to deserve it but come to this country illegally, is terribly WRONG! "

Yoo-hoo, fellow ALIPAC'ers:
    Supporters of high levels of immigration would point to such a person as to why we need it. Such a person has now turned to support from the US government which must tax SOMEONE to pay for this. Most likely the biggest TAX burdens will be picked up by EMPLOYERS---who are always looking for ways to cut costs, remain loyal to employees and stay in business, too, and thus are tempted to HIRE ILLEGAL ALIENS.

We can succeed without them , but it is going to take us, as Americans, willing to: 1. do the grubbier work, probably when young 2. Get off the addiction to businesses which rely upon illegals---- such as fast food, car washes, convenience stores 3. Come up with innovations that will create business opportunities yet reduce reliance on cheap immigrant labor: Such as better ways to do hotel work, janitorial service, food service, etc. i.e. the grubbier jobs that many people actually don't want to do unless they have to.

In case you didn't know the American way of living is going to be fighting for its existence as the sleeping giants of India and China awaken with innovative leaders who will challenge our place in the global economy. The search for instant gratification and convenience, as opposed to proper, long term organization, got us into this mess and I am really straining to see if Americans can figure out how to get out of it.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I DID ALL THOSE JOBS IN MY TEENS. IA's are niether needed to fill the jobs you listed, or welcome to steal them from american teens of today. a common perpetuated lie the pro-illegal alien groups use to further thier BS cause. i dont even goto fast food joints anymore, filthy unvaccinated food handlers preparing the meals take my appitite away.