Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Help Pass "Read The Bills Act'

(I received this in an email this morning.)

Help us pass the
    “Read the Bills Actâ€
    IT'S NOT HOW YOU GET IN, IT'S HOW YOU GET OUT

Very interesting proposal, Nicie. And with all the loopholes evident in the C.I.R. bill last year something like this is really needed.

A question I would have is whether a bill could be summarized--in the way that ballot titles are summarized. But you would also have to be able to spot the contradictions that opponent groups would put in.

But I suppose the overridng purpose of this is by requiring complete understanding of the Bill, the potential for sneaky amendments should be thwarted. Very awesome idea!
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

But I suppose the overridng purpose of this is by requiring complete understanding of the Bill, the potential for sneaky amendments should be thwarted. Very awesome idea!
    The debate going on right now RE: REAL ID ACT and the SAVE ACT, which are now in my mind intertwined, are very good examples of why, in my opinion, we need the RTBA, or at least something akin to it. The pro-amnesty org's have tried to fool us so many times ! The treachery is beyond belief !

A question I would have is whether a bill could be summarized--in the way that ballot titles are summarized. But you would also have to be able to spot the contradictions that opponent groups would put in.
    There's always going to be the question of interpretation. If I were younger, I'd consider a career in law, just so I could better understand some of this. Since that's moot, we can only hope for some good politicians who will do the right thing for "We The People'.

intertwined,
    Co-mingled would have been a better choice of words.

AMAZING THAT WE NEED AN ACTUAL LAW TO MAKE OUR LEGISLATORS READ BILLS BEFORE THEY VOTE ON THEM. JUST AMAZING. AND THE PRACTICE OF STUFFING BILLS WITH OTHER ISSUES IS DECEITFUL AT BEST.

EACH ISSUE SHOULD BE VOTED ON SEPERATELY. AND ALSO BILLS SHOULD BE AVAILABLE TO THE PUBLIC FOR 30 DAYS PRIOR TO VOTE....SO THEY CAN BE OPEN TO DEBATE.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

[quote]No LEGISLATION without representation.â€

If I were younger, I'd consider a career in law, just so I could better understand some of this.
    I have been negotiating RE contracts since I was 20 years old, so I thought I could grasp a law education. Having looked at law school textbooks, and books lawyers write for each other, I can't even get through a single sentence! Although if the sentence structure and grammar weren't 200 years behind the times it would help! I have been told a legal education is even tougher than medical school.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David

I have been told a legal education is even tougher than medical school.
    My daughter-in-law's father was an assistant DA, actually, she, too, became a lawyer. Her father told me his original goal was to become a medical doctor, but med school was too difficult, so he switched gears, and became a lawyer. My brother-in-law entered law school when he was in his early 40's. I saw the entrance exam book he was studying from, and instantly knew, it was way over my head !