The IFIRE Informer

Special Election Edition

August 5, 2006
Volume 1, Number 1

In This Issue

· Editorial Notes

· Lock the Vote!

· Meet Kenn Gividen

· ?In 20 Years, We are going to run the country!?

· Interview with Kenn Gividen

Related Reading

Video-vote tampering

Hoosiers disenfranchised by illegals

Tomorrow we vote!

Immigrants vote today

27 states pass immigration legislation

Midwest News & Letters

Sagamore Report

LTE re: Sagamore

Dan Stein re: Pence

LTE re: Pence

Limited English

Ling-Ling?s LTE

Sipple in Wash. Times

Sipple in local paper

New Latino group

Illegals busted

Ohio arrests illegals

Shots fired in Ohio

Vaccinations lacking

Links

www.NumbersUSA.com

Send free faxes to Congress and receive Action Alerts.

www.FairUS.org

Send free faxes to Congress and receive Action Alerts.

Contact us

IFIRE.org

Editorial Notes
From our votes to our jobs, from our ports to our toll roads America is being sold or stolen right out from under us! Fellow Americans, it?s time you get up off your apathy and do something! That?s why we urge you to read ?Lock the Vote? and get involved in protecting your vote. Josef Stalin reportedly said, ?Those who cast the votes decide nothing. Those who count the votes decide everything.? Keep this in mind as you watch the eye-opening video link on our sidebar.

This issue also includes links to articles showing that U.S. citizens aren?t the only ones voting in our elections. Foreign nationals are being registered to vote based on their potential future citizenship. Illegal aliens are not only registering to vote, but they are voting multiple times. Indiana has already lost 1 seat in the U.S. House of Representatives to California due to the presence of illegal aliens. The longer you wait to take action, the weaker your voice becomes.

IFIRE encourages you to vote for the best candidate on the issue of illegal immigration regardless of their party affiliation. To that end, we bring you Natisha Cooper?s interview of State Senate candidate, Kenn Gividen for your consideration. State elections are particularly important since our federal government is derelict in performing its duty to protect us from invasion. Twenty-seven states have already passed legislation to deal with this. If we don?t get with the program, Indiana will be a magnet for illegal aliens.

Lock the Vote!
Please read this alert from Americans for Legal Immigration requesting that Americans get involved in their local elections by becoming poll-watchers and poll workers to guard against illegal aliens voting.

At first glance, this might seem extreme. In light of the recent, highly publicized voter registration drives directed at Hispanics and Latinos, however, it seems much less extreme. In light of this correspondence received by a member of IFIRE from an unapologetic illegal alien, ALIPAC?s calls for action seem well warranted and prudent!

Meet Kenn Gividen, On the Campaign Trail

Meet Kenn Gividen, candidate for State Senate in Indiana?s District 41. IFIRE members had a chance to meet and speak with Mr. Gividen at CHOICE?s rally in Columbus, Indiana on July 28, 2006.

Mr. Gividen was kind enough to take time away from his campaign to give an interview to Natisha Cooper, Co-Director of the Marion County Chapter of IFIRE.

IFIRE has not endorsed any candidate at this time, however, IFIRE believes in publishing relevant information about candidates in the running so that voters can make an informed choice on election day. Realizing that many voters do not rely on a single issue when deciding for whom to cast their votes, IFIRE encourages readers to visit Mr. Gividen?s website at www.KennGividen.com to learn of his position on issues aside from immigration. Thank you.

?In 20 years, we are going to run this country!?

An illegal alien interviewed on CBS? ?Sunday Morning? made this 20 year prediction. He further stated, ?Right now we're running the cities. So little by little, we're running the show. Little by little. So this sleeping giant is already awakened.?

More on this story here.

Remember what happened the last time the American sleeping giant was awakened?

Interview with Kenn Gividen
By Natisha Cooper

NC: What prompted you to run for office, Mr. Gividen?

KG: Forty-four of Indiana's 100 House seats will go unopposed this fall. An additional nine of the state's twenty-five Senate seats offer voters no choice. The Republicans and Democrats have stifled competition and I believe that is wrong.

Most Hoosiers understand that free and fair competition engender a healthy and effective economy. Few Hoosiers would tolerate a monopoly-dominated marketplace. What applies to the market also applies to the political arena.

Our government has become stale, ineffective and inefficient because free and fair competition have been stifled by the Republican-Democrat monopoly. It's time to open the "political marketplace."

NC: Has Indiana's District 41 been affected by an influx of immigrants in the past decade or so?

KG: Yes.

NC: Has the impact been negative or positive for the citizens, in your opinion?

KG: Both. I was recently invited to preach to a local Korean congregation. I met a young husband and wife -- both with PhDs -- who contribute their talents to our local business community.

I also met a business woman who operates a local jewelry store. Though all were proud of their Korean heritage, they were equally anxious to learn English and assimilate into our community.

After the church service, I was invited to the home of a German immigrant who had fled Nazi Germany. Over the years he has built a successful construction company. This immigrant not only contributed his skills to build our community (sometimes literally), but for five decades he has provided jobs to hundreds of others.

Last week I chatted with an immigrant from Mexico. This middle aged entrepreneur established a thriving restaurant, provides employment for dozens of workers and has a vision of opening new restaurants in the future.

The above examples stand in stark contrast to illegal aliens who cross our borders with no regard for our nation's laws. Rather than contribute to our state's economy, they provide unfair competition in our workforce, burden our tax base, cause health problems and often threaten the security of Hoosiers.

NC: In the course of your campaign so far, has the public expressed concerns regarding illegal immigration, or has it not been an issue for them?

KG: It is a serious issue with most Hoosiers. A recent on-line poll taken by The Republic revealed that over 90 percent of those participating favored more stringent measures to stem illegal immigration to Indiana.

NC: What kinds of stories, if any, have you been hearing from citizens in your district?

KG: Most stories involve workers whose jobs have been threatened by unfair labor. NTN is one example often mentioned. Others express health concerns as the children of illegal aliens attend government schools. Their presence taxes our public services without contributing to the tax-base. Many Hoosiers note that nearly all illegal aliens are judgment proof. For example, if an illegal alien causes damages, you cannot collect a judgment against that person. They have nothing to collect.

NC: What are your thoughts about immigration, Mr. Gividen?

KG: To hate immigrants is to hate ourselves. We are all immigrants or descendants of immigrants. However, there are those who confuse lawful, orderly immigration with open-border immigration. They are not the same.

Illegal immigration does not bring diversity. It causes division.

NC: As you know, state politicians repeatedly claim illegal immigration is a "federal problem." Do you believe illegal immigration should be left to the federal government to address even though most of the costs associated with illegal aliens are borne by state taxpayers?

KG: Anything that affects the state of Indiana is a state problem. And illegal immigration affects Indiana.

NC: What can be done on the state level to address this issue?

KG: From the private sector: I would be honored to be the first signer of a state-wide petition to Governor Mitch Daniels and the Indiana General Assembly demanding immediate and effective measures be taken to end illegal immigration to the Hoosier State.

From the public sector: The State can withhold funding from municipalities and counties that tolerate illegal aliens. The state, itself, can enact and enforce effective laws that will discourage illegal aliens from migrating to the Hoosier state.

NC: If elected to office, what steps would you take to address it?

KG: Introduce legislation to end illegal immigration. Providing housing or jobs to illegal aliens is no different from aiding and abetting any other criminals. It must carry stiff penalties. Law enforcement officers should be required to incarcerate illegal aliens when encountered. By implementing and enforcing laws, illegal aliens will come to recognize Indiana as a state to avoid.

NC: What are your thoughts about providing state government documents in Spanish, at taxpayer expense, while Indiana law mandates that English is the official language of our state?

KG: I oppose tax-funded documents being published in languages other than English.

NC: As you know, the U.S. House passed H.B. 4437, a bill calling for a fence along the southern border of the U.S. and tougher penalties for coming to this country illegally. Do you support this bill?

KG: Yes. I also support enforcement of the bill.

NC: Is there any one thing, event, policy change you can point to which is, in your opinion, at fault for why we are in the current position with 12 to 30 million illegal aliens living in our country?

KG: I would point to the Immigration and Nationality Services Act of 1965.

NC: What do you think should happen to politicians who ignore this country?s laws?

KG: Politicians who ignore immigration laws are no different from illegal aliens who ignore immigration laws: Both should be sent home. Two rallies have been held in Columbus to address the problems caused by illegal aliens. I attended and had some part in organizing both. Neither of my opponents attended either. My Democratic opponent's law office is within view of both rallies. He could have simply walked across the street to demonstrate his support for our cause. My Republican opponent said nothing about the illegal alien issue until AFTER the first rally.

NC: Do you believe current laws fining businesses for knowingly hiring illegal aliens are punitive enough to be considered a deterrent?

KG: If the business continues to employ illegal aliens after being fined, the laws are clearly inefficient.

NC: Would you change these laws in any way? If so, how?

KG: I would support graduated fines for repeat offenders.

NC: As you may or may not know, H.B. 1383 was proposed and defeated in the last Indiana legislative session. This bill simply reiterated the federal laws governing illegal aliens in that it would deny all but emergency medical treatment and taxpayer funded services to illegal aliens. Would you, if elected, propose or support legislation similar to H.B. 1383?

KG: Yes, or any similar legislation.

NC: If there is one message about you or your goals that you would like to give voters in your district, what would it be?

KG: Light a candle; don't curse the darkness. Fighting illegal immigration is one side of the coin. The other is helping legal immigrants assimilate and be productive citizens; keeping in mind that legal immigrants often suffer the most from the alien invasion. And another thought. The next time you hear the message, "Press 1 for English," consider hanging up and calling the company's competitor. The free market is a powerful weapon!