My reply from Carol Strayhorn:

Dear Jody,

Thank you for contacting us, and we share your strong concerns. We thank you for all you do for Texas. I am Carole Keeton Strayhorn's campaign manager and one of her sons. Carole has five grandchildren, and the oldest two (my children) are both active in the Girl Scouts and many other activities. Please visit Carole’s website at www.carolestrayhorn.com , which will be updated in the coming weeks (please feel free to forward this info to others who are interested), which has her complete announcement speech and the news section which lays out some of her basic positions. Carole Keeton Strayhorn will lead, and she will address the tough issues, and she will get the job done. My direct email is brad@carolestrayhorn.com . Our children and grandchildren are her top priority. And to quote from her speech:

I want my legacy to be that with every breath of air in Carole Keeton Strayhorn’s lungs, she fought passionately for education, paychecks and jobs, and protecting our most precious resource our children.

Carole wants to drive more of every education dollar directly into the classroom with the students and the teachers where it belongs.

Comptroller Carole Keeton Strayhorn is absolutely against illegal immigration, and the crime starts when our borders are illegally crossed. Carole strongly believes that the State of Texas under the leadership of the current Governor has misplaced spending priorities (the Governor recently gave $50 million of taxpayer money to study mice cells reported as a “cozy relationshipâ€