Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Lowes Apologizes for "Family" Trees "ERROR&qu

Received this e-mail from AFA ActionAlert
    I think it's simply disgusting. We will be left with nothing Christmas related. I hope Lowes does not sell one of their bloody "Family" trees this year!!!!!!

The error was not caught before the publication was distributed, and Lowe's says it is disappointed in the breakdown in its proofing process.
    Some "error"................yeah sure..........simply a proof-reading "error"

Lowe's apologizes for catalog calling Christmas trees "Family" trees

Dear,

Following a phone call to AFA Director of Special Projects Randy Sharp this morning, Lowe's sent the following correspondence from Chris Ahearn, Vice President, Public Relations for Lowe's.

Randy, Thanks for taking my call this morning. Let me reiterate my apology that we had an advertising error that created a stir. Here's a statement that we'd appreciate your posting on your web site, if possible:

Lowe's has contacted the AFA and assures us that it is proudly committed to selling Christmas trees this year, as it has done for more than 60 years. The company apologized for the confusion created in its 2007 holiday catalog when it headlined the page of Christmas trees "family trees." The error was not caught before the publication was distributed, and Lowe's says it is disappointed in the breakdown in its proofing process.

Lowe's assures us that they refer to trees as Christmas trees in this season's television and magazine ads and in its advertising flyers. The company says it is redoubling its efforts to proof its catalogs in the future to prevent this issue from recurring.

We appreciate Lowe's for listening to its customers and responding appropriately to our concerns
    "This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I don't believe them. I think this is PC crap that obviously backfired.

Re: Lowes Apologizes for "Family" Trees "ERRO

Quote Originally Posted by MyAmerica
    Received this e-mail from AFA ActionAlert
    I think it's simply disgusting. We will be left with nothing Christmas related. I hope Lowes does not sell one of their bloody "Family" trees this year!!!!!!

The error was not caught before the publication was distributed, and Lowe's says it is disappointed in the breakdown in its proofing process.
    Some "error"................yeah sure..........simply a proof-reading "error"

Lowe's apologizes for catalog calling Christmas trees "Family" trees

Dear,

Following a phone call to AFA Director of Special Projects Randy Sharp this morning, Lowe's sent the following correspondence from Chris Ahearn, Vice President, Public Relations for Lowe's.

Randy, Thanks for taking my call this morning. Let me reiterate my apology that we had an advertising error that created a stir. Here's a statement that we'd appreciate your posting on your web site, if possible:

Lowe's has contacted the AFA and assures us that it is proudly committed to selling Christmas trees this year, as it has done for more than 60 years. The company apologized for the confusion created in its 2007 holiday catalog when it headlined the page of Christmas trees "family trees." The error was not caught before the publication was distributed, and Lowe's says it is disappointed in the breakdown in its proofing process.

Lowe's assures us that they refer to trees as Christmas trees in this season's television and magazine ads and in its advertising flyers. The company says it is redoubling its efforts to proof its catalogs in the future to prevent this issue from recurring.

We appreciate Lowe's for listening to its customers and responding appropriately to our concerns
    "This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

I received the same e-mail. It's obvious that so many people wrote Lowe's complaining, that they used the proof reading error as an excuse.

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    I do hope they will realize I will not be servicing Lowes for my CHRISTMAS items
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

http://mediaserver2.afa.net/twb2007/lowescatalog.pdf

At this site you can view pages of Lowes Holiday 2007 catalog. Note the lack of Christmas 2007.
    One Christmas tree is displayed,in the catalog, upside down--does that have the same significiance as the illegals displaying our flag upside down?

When you see a rattlesnake poised to strike, you do not wait until he has struck to crush him.
    Franklin D. Roosevelt
    Benjamin Franklin

What the HELL is a "family tree"? That has to be the most asinine thing I've ever heard. It is, and always has been a CHRISTMAS tree. If you want to put up a tree with ornaments and presents underneath it is a CHRISTMAS tree. If they have a problem with that then they shouldn't be selling trees at all. Let a retailer who will at least call it a CHRISTMAS tree make the money off of us.

I am really so sick of this crap.
    "Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a burglar an uninvited house guest."

Quote Originally Posted by Disillusioned
    What the HELL is a "family tree"? That has to be the most asinine thing I've ever heard. It is, and always has been a CHRISTMAS tree. If you want to put up a tree with ornaments and presents underneath it is a CHRISTMAS tree. If they have a problem with that then they shouldn't be selling trees at all. Let a retailer who will at least call it a CHRISTMAS tree make the money off of us.

I am really so sick of this crap.
    I wonder if there are people who put the "family" tree away from the window out of fear for displaying a religious symbol out in the open.

Quote Originally Posted by MyAmerica
    http://mediaserver2.afa.net/twb2007/lowescatalog.pdf

At this site you can view pages of Lowes Holiday 2007 catalog. Note the lack of Christmas 2007.
    One Christmas tree is displayed,in the catalog, upside down--does that have the same significiance as the illegals displaying our flag upside down?
    I googled "upside down Christmas tree":

http://www.hammacher.com/publish/72376.asp

The 7-Foot Upside-Down Pre-Lit Christmas Tree

Evoking a 12th century Central European tradition of hanging a tree from the ceiling at Christmas, this unique 7' pre-lit fir is inverted to ensure a smaller footprint for less-spacious areas, and allowing more room for the accumulation of presents underneath. Originally designed for specialty stores to display delicate ornaments using a minimum of floor space, the unusual tapering shape allows the tree to stand in places that do not accommodate a traditional holiday tree, such as between two armchairs or in a corner.

millere wrote:
    I googled "upside down Christmas tree":

http://www.hammacher.com/publish/72376.asp

The 7-Foot Upside-Down Pre-Lit Christmas Tree

Evoking a 12th century Central European tradition of hanging a tree from the ceiling at Christmas, this unique 7' pre-lit fir is inverted to ensure a smaller footprint for less-spacious areas, and allowing more room for the accumulation of presents underneath. Originally designed for specialty stores to display delicate ornaments using a minimum of floor space, the unusual tapering shape allows the tree to stand in places that do not accommodate a traditional holiday tree, such as between two armchairs or in a corner.
    Thank you for the information millere

Glad you didn't have to google "upside down holiday tree"

"Fences make good neighbors."
    Benjamin Franklin

Lowes is lieing, glad they were called out on it! This need to happen more often.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast