Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Spent many summers on the Eastern Shore going to catch bluefish in the bay, spending weekends outside of Choptank on a farm where I ate raspberries and blueberries for breakfast, that I picked myself. Hubby and I would always take the boat to the Eastern Shore fishing villages whenever we could.
    I want to see America keep at least a piece of what it was, but it is beginning to sound like soon there will be no real America left.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by builditnow
    Judyweler wrote:
    Hence the only way the industry can survive is with foreign labor. Let me say that this labor is TEMPORARY - they have SHORT TERM VISAS and they GO BACK TO MEXICO at the end of the crab season.
    Judy - What would keep these "temp" employees from staying here illegally after their seasonal employment is over, just like the other 20 million who have stayed here illegally? There are at least 12 million Mexicans here illegally already, why not give some of them "temp visas", why do we need to bring in more? They can just get pregnant, have anchor babies while they're here, and then cry that they shouldn't be deported because that is "breaking up families".
    I know the industry and the situation very well. They are provided trailers near the shucking areas and they very definitely leave when the season. These same workers come back to work on a regular basis during the shucking season and then return home. Some of them have been working there for 10 years and return regularly.

i just don't believe they "leave" when their visas run out. too many of them, while here, find false documentation in order to stay. or they "disappear" into the system and stay here illegally, have anchor babies, and continue to defraud our country. i used to get local Maryland crabs at least once a week. after reading this story, i'm ending that. if our "proud local industries" have to haul in foreigners to hire cheap labor while still charging me outrageous prices for crabs, well i just can't support that.
    Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"........

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12