Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MCDC SHUTS DOWN!

In a recent email the president of MCDC stated the following:
    Message from
    Minuteman Civil Defense Corps
    President Carmen Mercer

Freedom is never Free!

URGENT ALERT TO ALL MINUTEMAN

The so-called elites, you know the ones who criticized us for not showing respect to our government in Washington have managed to trample the Constitution, completely against the will of the people they have passed Obamacare.
    Don't think the millions of people who nationwide, marched against this criminal act, just as the Minutemen marched on the border and in cities across the country to bring awareness to a most serious issue. Some people thought it made a difference, others did not. We know we had an effect and the credit goes to all our courageous and disciplined volunteers who have always behaved like Americans should.
    Only now the mood of the country has changed.
    I'm afraid that for many citizens, the passing of health care against the will of the people and now indications that Obama will try to pass amnesty may be the straw that will break the spirit, or may be the straw that ignites frustration that we, as an organization, may not be able to manage or contain.

Recently I sent out an email announcing a renewed call to arms to the border just as Chris Simcox did way back in October, 2002.

The replies to my e mail were dramatic and has shown me that people are fed up. Thousands opened the e mail, hundreds replied and are ready. The response was dramatic in two ways; some people were absolutely against our new SOP that I encouraged Chris to write for us. He was reluctant but pitched in to help support my plans.
    For others the response was overwhelmingly positive, in fact we had far more people respond than in a long time. But it was obvious that many had decided to return to the border who had tired of the sometimes futile watch and observe methods. It showed me that people are not willing to be silenced anymore; it also showed me that people will be less likely to follow the rules of engagement in a desperate attempt to stop the criminals who violate our borders every day.

That is not what we want and we cannot take the reponsibility for this.

This has brought me to the conclusion that the anger may not be directed by every individual against their government; I realize people have HAD IT!
    We have a responsibility to protect our volunteers, our corporation and the land owners who have been so supportive of our efforts, even under great risk of liability if we ever made a mistake.
    We cannot and will not jeopardize all the years of positive activism we have shown over the last 8 years. We will also not jeopardize the gracious help we have received from the ranchers who have supported us in the last 8 years.
    So with this email I announce that as MCDC, we will no longer hold a border muster.

We are dissolving the corporation.

This is because most of our supervisory team has left and will not support the expanded SOP. This is because we have separated from Declaration Alliance (at your request) and we can no longer fundraise effectively to support our operations. This is because we can no longer accept the liability for the actions of others.
    I tried to encourage Chris to return and manage the operation but he is committed to supporting JD Hayworth's campaign for the U.S. Senate. I have a business to run and cannot be there enough to oversee the operation. Without a leader and a full time staff of sector chiefs to supervise, I cannot take the liability and will not put the landowners in that position.

This organization has grown too big for its own good; or rather, the problem has grown too big and serious for us to manage.
    I predict soon the violence will spill over the border (it already is) and I predict Americans, on their own, will lock, load and do what the feckless cowards in Washington refuse to do - and frankly I hope Americans do take up arms to defend this great nation.
    Simply put, we have taught thousands of people what they should do; now it is up to them to do it. We are all Minutemen now but we are no longer on the border as MCDC, that corporationwill no longer exist, except in the history books.

It is up to each individual now, you will do what you personally feel is right. You may still go to the border but you are either on your own or you can try to find another group to associate with - you do so at your own risk. I hope you continue as independent Minutemen, you are needed; we are needed to save this country.

For those who are awaiting your I.D. cards I will still at my own expense make sure you all receive your cards, at least as mementos of our efforts. The equipment and resources still belong to the corporation and must be collected and accounted for.
    I will then sell off the assets to pay off our remaining expenses.

It has been an amazing experience and I remain humbled and honored by your dedication and service. I am sure Chris Simcox does too.

He may be disappointed that we as the board have made this decision, but I have always respected his choices and he has always supported mine. I was there with Chris from the beginning so we both deserve the respect and credit for getting us this far. We are both tremendously honored by those who served. History is again in our hands; your hands; you know what to do - the rest is up to you.
    In God we trust, and may God give strength to the American people to fight for the survival of this great Republic.

In Liberty
    Carmen Mercer
    and the Board of MCDC
    Carmen Mercer

President of Minuteman Civil Defense Corps.
    To all those MCDC people we would like to invite you to join MCCI and help us in our continuing efforts here in California.
    Please visit www.minutemancorpsca.com for more information..

Ken
    Any and all comments & Opinions and postings by me are considered of my own opinion, and not of any ORG that I belong to! PERIOD!

?

Ken,

maybe you know, with the anti amnesty march scheduled for april 15th, there is nothing in california except in big bear.

It is silly to believe a protest, at night, on a major mountain road will garner much attention.

have you heard of anything organized for orange county...I have been sending e-mails to no avail

thanks

We are just gearing up with MCCI since this announcement, I suspect that with the 1800+ folks here in CA some of them will jump onboard MCCI and they may do something in that area.......More next week....
    Any and all comments & Opinions and postings by me are considered of my own opinion, and not of any ORG that I belong to! PERIOD!