I am posting this even though I KNOW most of you get these anyway. BUT, at least for the people in North Carolina, PLEASE read the faxes closely before you send them because I have found two errors that I have emailed Roy Beck about. In one to Congressman Coble about HR4437, first sentence, they have written "YOU" vote rather that "YOUR" vote. That one isn't too bad but, in one to Senator Burr, for those of you who are NOT registered as a Republican anyway, the letter says that, if he supports that bill, you will consider voting for him NEXT YEAR. He does not come up for reelection until 2010. It is easy to go in and correct it yourself so I just thought I would call it to your attention.

Dear Faxer:

Ask your Representative to uphold the integrity of HR 4437 when it returns from Conference

This new fax has been posted in your Action Buffet !

You can find this fax by proceeding to
http://www.numbersusa.com/faxes?ID=4434

The Border Protection, Antiterrorism, and Illegal Immigration Control Act of 2005 (H.R. 4437) is a very good enforcement bill, that will require employers to use an electronic employment eligibility verification system; provide for a border fence along much of the U.S.-Mexico border; eliminate the visa lottery; and assist state and local law enforcement in arresting and detaining illegal aliens.

Under heavy pressure from their constituents, the House passed the bill on December 16, 2005 by a vote of 239 to 182.

Now it is the Senate's turn to pass its own immigration legislation, which will likely include a weakened enforcement bill along with a massive guestworker program and some form of amnesty. The Senate bill and the House.s H.R. 4437 will be put in a Conference Committee of negotiators from both chambers. With heavy participation from the President, they will hammer out some kind of compromise.

Send this fax to your Representative who voted FOR HR 4437 and urge him/her to uphold the integrity of H.R. 4437 after it returns from Conference.