Thread: NUMBERS UPDATE

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

working4change

NUMBERS UPDATE

Date: Wednesday 8DEC2010 12:30 p.m.

VOTING EXPECTED TO START AROUND 4:30

We are winning in Senate & have a chance in House. But your phone calls are still needed to counteract giant barrage of pro-amnesty phoning.

1. Sen. Olympia Snowe (R-Maine) has just announced she will vote NO!

The pro-amnesty forces' battle plan for being able to get to 60 votes to pass the DREAM Act amnesty always depended on Snowe voting YES.

Snowe said: "Millions of illegal immigrants could attempt to become legal residents as a result of this proposal, according to some estimates, and it is incumbent upon the Senate to ensure our policies never again lead to a situation where we are confronted with upwards of 12 million illegal immigrants residing within our borders."

I suggest you quote Snowe to some of the offices you continue to call today.

2. Pro-amnesty activists are reporting they are 10 votes short in the HOUSE (but we are more than many votes short, ourselves).

The good news is that your phoning and faxing these last months (and especially this week) have guaranteed that almost all Republicans in the House will vote NO and that many Democrats will vote NO, while you are also keeping many, many Democrats still uncommitted either way.

The pro-amnesty people are claiming they have 208 of the 218 needed to pass.

Go to the alert I re-sent this morning that has all your targets in your region. Call the Democrats in those lists.

Capitol Switchboard is: 202-224-3121

3. Join our live webcast which we will begin at 3:30 this afternoon.

We will send out another alert when we know when something is really happening. We will get going in earnest once the DREAM amnesty comes to the floor of the Senate, perhaps as early as 4:15 this afternoon.

The debate will be quite short and the vote should immediately follow.

The vote will be on cloture, whether to allow the real debate on the bill to begin.

If we keep the amnesty side from getting 60 votes, we will have killed the DREAM amnesty.

The live streaming of our commentary and explanations from our conference room will be at:

www.NumbersUSA.tv

We'll be doing what we always do when immigration comes to the floor for a vote -- anxiously gathering to watch how Congress responds to our days, weeks and months of mobilizing the grassroots. And discussing and arguing over what each detail means.

Nothing fancy or formal. Just turning the cameras on our staff session. But after having you in our conference room for 10 hours on Election Night, we thought you might like to join us again for this occasion.

I may not be in the room at the beginning because I have to run over to CNN and do an interview on the Cavuto show. I'll get back to our conference room and the webcast as fast as I can.

Good work everyone, keep it up!!!!

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    Friends of ALIPAC,

With the breaking news on our homepage (alipac.us) reported from NumbersUSA that Maine Senator Olympia Snowe will vote No ON Dream Amnesty Cloture, Sen Reid is retreating!

He has now announced that the Senate will vote after the house votes on the bill!

We must now pursue Reid as he runs to his Democratic stronghold in the House!

Please redirect all of your calls onto our house targets. Please implement new messages now being added at the top of our list!

Everyone, let's go after the HOUSE. They vote at 6:30pm (estimated) Eastern and if we hit them with enough calls, to the right offices, with the right messages we may be able to stop this Amnesty push!

Yes, I am ready to help ALIPAC challenge Amnesty with calls to the HOUSE at this link....
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-219949.html

To the HOUSE!

The ALIPAC Team
    www.alipac.us

it seems that i posted the same thing in General less than ten minutes after this post

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-220722.html

I checked her website and no press release of such statement.

http://snowe.senate.gov/public/index.cf ... ssReleases

The only source we have on this is from NumbersUSA...can anyone confirm?

Also, they still have her on the undecided list at numbersUsa!!

April
    Friends of ALIPAC,

The US House just passed Dream Amnesty and they have not done anything on this scale since 1986! The last time they gave 3 million illegals Amnesty, it got us 12-20. Please envision what the ramifications will be for you and the nation should we fail in the defense of our nation today.

Your immediate volunteerism is needed.

Please click on this link below to access ALIPAC's targeted Senators list. We have selected mostly Senators that are up for reelection in 2012.

Your call should be firm and passionate, but not over the top. Call, call, call and then follow up your message by email and/or fax.

Call as many of these offices as you can filling the voice-mails and ears of staff. Staff needs to report to Senators that angry Americans are calling in droves to OPPOSE DREAM AMNESTY CLOTURE. Call the DC offices first then call the district offices.

"I'm calling to ask Senator _____ to vote NO on CLOTURE for the Dream Amnesty TODAY. I plan to make it my mission in life to throw any politician who votes for CLOTURE on this bill OUT OF OFFICE IN THE ELECTIONS! Please listen to and represent Americans, instead of illegal aliens by voting NO on CLOTURE."

Yes, I am ready to click this link and call the Senate using ALIPAC's messages and targeting now (clicking Here)
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-219596.html

April
    STAY AWAKE AND CHARGE!!!
    GO HERE:

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-221238.html