Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NumbersUSA Call Senator Brownback Immediately

From: Immigration Info <ImmigrationInfo@numbersusa.com> Add to Address Book
    Date: 2006/03/08 Wed PM 01:16:23 EST

Subject: Call Sen. Brownback immediately to protest foreign worker importation

Date: 08MAR06 1 p.m.

Sen. Brownback wants unlimited importation of foreign health-care professionals

This is a special alert for those of you who have indicated a concern over the "brain drain." Please call Senator Brownback immediately at 202-224-6521.

SEN. BROWNBACK WANTS UNLIMITED IMPORTATION OF HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONALS

The Senate Judiciary Committee has just recessed from their consideration of the Specter guestworker-amnesty proposal for a couple of hours. They are expected to resume consideration at 2 p.m.

The Judiciary Committee's morning session was not televised, but your NumbersUSA Capitol Hill team was present at the markup, serving as our eyes and ears.

We don't have all the details, but felt we needed to communicate this to you immediately.

The most shocking thing they reported this morning is that:

Sen. Brownback offered two amendments that would essentially remove the cap on importation of foreign health-care professionals.

According to our sources, Sen. Brownback offered two amendments that would essentially remove the cap on foreign nurses and physical therapists and allow continued importation of foreign doctors.

Sen. Brownback's amendments were essentially agreed to, although they will be subject to vote of the full Committee once a quorum is present.

PHONE SEN. BROWNBACK AT 202-224-6521 IMMEIDATELY

He needs to immediately begin hearing protests from Americans who oppose the unlimited importation of foreign health-care professionals.

Sen. Brownback likes to tout himself as a great humanitarian, but his amendments would effectively create a massive "brain drain" in which some of the best and brighest of many third-world countries would leave their home countries where they are desperately needed in order to come work in the United States. His amendments are anything but "humanitarian."

We will be coming back to you throughout the day and the rest of the week with more information.

THANKS
    ANNE
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I was sent to a Dr. who was from India.....

He said to me, "Why are you here, I can't help you, what do you want me to do?"

I won't go to anymore foreign Dr's that are in my area.

Instead of importing foreigners for health care jobs, our Senators should provide more financial assistance to our OWN people to go to med schools and nursing schools.

They give in-state tuition to illegals..........blah blah blah
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

I called. I explained that when I lived overseas I had to use foreign doctors and found communication difficult in the extreme. I think that's a danger to the patient. I also stated that I felt that our nurses in the US needed a break. They work 12 hours per day...and they don't get enough pay. If we're overrun with foreign nurses we have the same susceptibility to mis-communication.

(What I didn't say is that I just hated foreign nurses...they were so arrogant...they'd just raise hell if the patient needed something).

I think that our nurses need to be able to push for better hours, better working conditions, less paperwork, and better pay.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

Hospitals in El Paso are filled with people who don't speak a whole lot of English--at least the ones I'm familiar with. More foreign health care workers are not a good plan at all.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)